Ironton vs Valley View

TigerBob
All Conference

Re: Ironton vs Valley View

Post by TigerBob »

Valley View’s QB looks nice, but the team overall doesn’t look like world beaters. Certainly a game Ironton can win.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:40 am Valley View’s QB looks nice, but the team overall doesn’t look like world beaters. Certainly a game Ironton can win.
Honestly they Remind me of this years Burg. QB seems to be more of a passer, so they can spread out and run or throw. Looks like they have decent special teams. Will be well coached. A clean game by Ironton, I think moves them on by a score or two.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:00 am
TigerBob wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:40 am Valley View’s QB looks nice, but the team overall doesn’t look like world beaters. Certainly a game Ironton can win.
Honestly they Remind me of this years Burg. QB seems to be more of a passer, so they can spread out and run or throw. Looks like they have decent special teams. Will be well coached. A clean game by Ironton, I think moves them on by a score or two.
If that’s true Ironton will roll.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:15 am
Paulcrew wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:45 am
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:09 am Much respect to Ironton! Took us behind the wood shed tonight…Love the tradition you all have in SEO. One day we hope to have that at HP. Go win it all IHS! We might not be SEO but we are pulling for Region 19! Stay healthy and best of luck!
thank you for your kind post and your support. Ironton had people from their own conference there last night rooting for HP. Sad when you really think about that. Good luck to y’all in the rest of your athletic seasons!
About like Ironton kids sitting in the HP cheer block last year for the Burg-HP game. That was told by this humbleandhungry guy about that.

Remember, it happens. They're kids!!!!
Because the southern ohio unity bs is old people yappin. Those days are gone.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Good luck Fighting Tigers!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Thought the same. VV is a better version of Burg; offense can pass and run, and they have a better D. But very similar styles.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Someone from Prep posted on another thread about Ironton kids sitting with their crowd and cheering against the Burg last year. It happens, doesn't make them bad kids. I remember going to watch Wheelersburg in the state semis in basketball and four guys in Portsmouth gear right behind us cheered against us the entire game.
[/quote]

I was at this game last year and sat on the visiting side of the Waverly bleachers. My nephew was on the Burg team that lost the regional title game to HP. There were a ton of kids that were wearing Tiger gear rooting for HP to beat Burg. I seen it with own eyes, but they weren’t kids from Ironton. They were kids that were in Waverly Tiger gear. Burg beat Waverly 36-35 to take the SOC back from Waverly & Waverly got stomped the week before in the playoffs by eventual state champion Clinton Massie. So since the Waverly kids had the week off from football I assume they were rooting against the team that took the SOC from them because they were playing on the Tigers home field, lol. It was funny to see the kids do it though.

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Ironton is 3-1 all time vs Valley View.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

sportphotos wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:41 pm View Ironton vs Harvest Prep: https://bobbiannphotos.smugmug.com/Foot ... rvest-Prep
Thanks. A lot of very good pictures.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:22 pm
Thought the same. VV is a better version of Burg; offense can pass and run, and they have a better D. But very similar styles.
Ironton will still need a game with very few mistakes. VV is talented and well coached enough to beat anyone if you give them opportunities. Hope Irontons line is healthy going into friday. I have the AlMighty I favored by 2 tuddeez early.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Good luck to Ironton and this just might be their year to win it all since Kirtland is back in D-6 but VV will be a tough out but good luck go win it all

Burg grad 85
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton will be the home team, looks like there’s plenty of seats on the home side.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

okaybro69012 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:09 am I have had heard a lot of talk about how Ironton linebacker group will be next year. Every year Ironton lb’s are killers. And I noticed two key players to this lb group is a freshman zayne Williams who made his mark on special teams and is a huge threat. And sophomore braylon sturgill who came out this year with a total of 10 tackles for a loss and barley gets any playing time. I could go as far to say these two young guys are comparable to Trevor carter and Lincoln Barnes. If these guys gain weight and muscle during the off-season they will be amazing.
[/quo

Williams or Sturgill should be starting over Freeman at outside backer

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Freeman has been playing well and did good vs Prep, He’s the senior and should get the start over the younger guys, Williams is really impressive as a freshman and Sturgil has always stepped up when called upon, Both will start next year and have bright futures. Ironton future is really bright with the young talent.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

#1 South Range vs #1 Liberty Center will be played at at Clyde Robert J. Bishop Jr. Stadium

South Range to Clyde 2hrs 10min
Liberty Center to Clyde 1hr 9min

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bfan99 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:05 am #1 South Range vs #1 Liberty Center will be played at at Clyde Robert J. Bishop Jr. Stadium

South Range to Clyde 2hrs 10min
Liberty Center to Clyde 1hr 9min

It sure seems like the OH$AA didn't try to equal out the drive time for the teams this year.

Looks like Mansfield would have been halfway for both. Now maybe Mansfield didn't want to host, but not sure why you wouldn't. Especially after what they said Waverly charged to park. That's easy money right there.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Was Kirtland in D5 in 2017 the year Burg won it ? I’m thinking they avoided Kirtland.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes to Ironton!

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:57 am Was Kirtland in D5 in 2017 the year Burg won it ? I’m thinking they avoided Kirtland.
I believe Kirtland wat D6 that year and got beat in championship by Marion Local.

Return to “Football”