Ironton vs Valley View

Paulcrew
JV Team

Re: Ironton vs Valley View

Post by Paulcrew »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:53 am
Paulcrew wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:45 am
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:09 am Much respect to Ironton! Took us behind the wood shed tonight…Love the tradition you all have in SEO. One day we hope to have that at HP. Go win it all IHS! We might not be SEO but we are pulling for Region 19! Stay healthy and best of luck!
thank you for your kind post and your support. Ironton had people from their own conference there last night rooting for HP. Sad when you really think about that. Good luck to y’all in the rest of your athletic seasons!
That’s crazy to me. Ironton is Portsmouth’s biggest rival. That game has been played a billion times. The 2 schools don’t like one another, yet I have been rooting for Ironton. I’ve actually followed very close the last 3 years. Watched several games that they didn’t even play against Portsmouth. I’m a Portsmouth alum, obviously that’s my team. But I’m also a local high school fan. Why would I want to see these kids from Columbus or hours away beat local kids just because they are our rivals? If that’s the case then I feel like there’s another agenda those people have. I think it’s awesome Ironton is in the final 4 and I’m rooting for them to go all the way. Would be pretty cool to say I seen the state champs play in person twice honestly, and that they come from the same conference as my alma mater.
for the record, this large contingent of fans where not from portsmouth. They were from Gallipolis. Good luck is the athletic year to Trojans and thanks for support

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

The stadium should seat everyone with no problem. It’s not a particularly large stadium, about the size of Jackson’s

Here’s a video about the stadium
https://youtu.be/dXeYxYQl_Z4

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:13 am Who cares about the location? The players and coaches of Ironton don’t. It’s a state semifinal, they’d play it in Texas if they had to.

Y’all sound like yabba whining about Burg playing at Nelsonville.

You know bud, KISS MY ASS!!!!! I wasn't the only one complaining about Nelsonville and you know what, it cost the OH$AA some money because a ton of Burg people didn't make the trip.

SE teams get screwed every year on location because they know they will bring the fans regardless of where they play. Burg has played Versailles at least 3 times in the Cincinnati area over the years. It was BS then and it's BS now.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:17 am Going cost Tiger fans to go to this game. From IHS to their stadium is 152 miles which is 304 miles round trip. According to Google Maps it’s a 2 hour and 45 minute drive.each way. To get to the stadium, park and walk in you’ll have to leave no later than 4. Many will have to take a vacation day or something from work. As for me I’m retired so I can leave at 2 or 3. I arrived at Waverly at 5:05 last night

8:144
+.
ohsaa.org
Kalnow Stadium
Region 15 - 2 Steubenville (11-2) vs. 4
Gnadenhutten Indian Valley (10-3) at St.
Clairsville Red Devils Stadium
Region 16 - 1 Cincinnati Wyoming (13-0) vs. 2
Cincinnati Taft (11-2) at Lakota West Firebird
Field
Division V State Semifinals - Friday, Nov. 25,
7 p.m.
Region 17 vs. Region 18 at Clyde Robert J.
Bishop Jr. Stadium
Region 19 vs. Region 20 at Princeton Jake
Sweeney Automotive Stadium

Better stop complaining. bbjunky will call you out on it. He's made so many of these trips to watch Webster play football! :o :o :o

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironton 24
Valley View 14

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:09 am Much respect to Ironton! Took us behind the wood shed tonight…Love the tradition you all have in SEO. One day we hope to have that at HP. Go win it all IHS! We might not be SEO but we are pulling for Region 19! Stay healthy and best of luck!
thank you for your kind post and your support. Ironton had people from their own conference there last night rooting for HP. Sad when you really think about that. Good luck to y’all in the rest of your athletic seasons!
About like Ironton kids sitting in the HP cheer block last year for the Burg-HP game. That was told by this humbleandhungry guy about that.

Remember, it happens. They're kids!!!!

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Burg played Valley View at Princeton in the 90s. I cut across 125 at West Portsmouth and through West Union. It cut about 45 minutes off of drive. I believe it brings you out at Seaman. I wouldn't drive it at night though because of the deer.
Good luck to I Town. I hope you finally get to the top and become the king of the mountain. Germantown is always well coached and play disciplined ball. The Le Tigres can win this game. You may need to go unconventional and include everyone on offense but if your D shows up like last night then you win.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:05 am The stadium should seat everyone with no problem. It’s not a particularly large stadium, about the size of Jackson’s

Here’s a video about the stadium
https://youtu.be/dXeYxYQl_Z4
Looks like it’s noticeably smaller than Jackson holding 4500 in the bleachers.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

1. Agree is not right that VV is so much closer.

2. Agree that I wouldn’t care to travel anywhere to play a state semi final.

3. Believe the location can and will be used in Ironton’s favor by the coaching staff.

4. I guess Jackson doesn’t host anymore.

5. Good Luck Ironton

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Go Ironton Go

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:15 am
About like Ironton kids sitting in the HP cheer block last year for the Burg-HP game. That was told by this humbleandhungry guy about that.

Yeah I’m finally agreeing with you Yabba as much as it pains me :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: I’m still learning the whole SEO football landscape if you will. Seems to me that the adults care more about SEO Football as a whole and the kids just don’t like the other school in my experience after these past two seasons. Yes last year Ty and a few other Ironton kids were on our side for the regional Ship after Burg beat em the week before. And this year after we beat Burg they all were telling out players go Beat Ironton for us! I’m excited to have such storied programs in SEO be intertwined in HPS record books. We are a young program so to speak, first football team didn’t play till 1999, most of the SEO Schools been around playing football since Jesus turned water into wine 😂. Like I said before I believe we will be seeing you all a lot more more often than not, and not only in the playoffs but during the regular season as well! And for the most part outside of the racist trolls and knuckleheads you guys treat us honest and fair and that’s all we can hope for and expect.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Don’t know anything about valley view this year. Other than I know they will have a better game plan than prep. That could of been the worst game plan from a regional team that I’ve possibly ever seen and it showed. Prep had the athletes to match Ironton but had no idea how to use them.

I can’t see valley view having those athletes. Ironton moves on to the state.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers on the win.......and a dominating win at that. The team has represented the community of Ironton and the OVC very well. So far, IHS hasn't been seriously challenged, but that could be coming. A win against Valley View will put the Fighting Tigers in their 12th state championship game.

flyingtiger95
Waterboy

Post by flyingtiger95 »

Looking at the bracket on OHSAA and we are on top, so I’m assuming we are the home team. I’m surprised we are home team with valley view so much closer I would think they’d have a bigger crowd

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

these weren’t kids… as always good luck to the Burg in the rest of their athletic seasons.

okaybro69012
Waterboy

Post by okaybro69012 »

I have had heard a lot of talk about how Ironton linebacker group will be next year. Every year Ironton lb’s are killers. And I noticed two key players to this lb group is a freshman zayne Williams who made his mark on special teams and is a huge threat. And sophomore braylon sturgill who came out this year with a total of 10 tackles for a loss and barley gets any playing time. I could go as far to say these two young guys are comparable to Trevor carter and Lincoln Barnes. If these guys gain weight and muscle during the off-season they will be amazing.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Paulcrew wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:54 am

these weren’t kids… as always good luck to the Burg in the rest of their athletic seasons.

Then that’s pretty sad.

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Great job Ironton*

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Game video from Valley View vs Milton-Union
last night
https://youtu.be/_s5lqtv8xT8

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:18 am
Paulcrew wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:54 am

Then that’s pretty sad.
Hold on? They are saying a bunch of Ironton kids skipped Ironton's game in Portsmouth to drive two hours to Nelsonville York just to root against Burg? I'd take that with a grain of salt. Were they wearing orange? Its hunting season, lots people own orange winter gear. Now who else might be wearing orange at NY? HMM orange and white are NY's school colors

Return to “Football”