Wheelersburg(48) @ (3)Ironton

Abe Froman
S

Re: WEEK 1 WHEELERSBURG @ IRONTON

Post by Abe Froman »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:18 pm I have a feeling this may be our year to quiet ya'lls ship
Exactly what kind of feeling is causing you to think this way YTB?

You get a hold of some bad food? Do you have a fever Bait? Get to urgent care man lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I don't know abe. I just have the feeling this is going to be a more disciplined ball club this year that won't shoot itself in the foot.I'm hearing the shenanigans ain't gonna happen this year,and we have two key injured running backs healthy again. we are feeling like the burg most have felt up till like 2007. what can we do to beat ironton. ironton must be feeling the same pressure. what can we do different to beat the burg.because since then ya'll have thrashed us about the head n facial area.i hope to hear a good report about their effort in Portsmouth tonight again the Trojans in the ovc previews.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:25 pm I don't know abe. I just have the feeling this is going to be a more disciplined ball club this year that won't shoot itself in the foot.I'm hearing the shenanigans ain't gonna happen this year,and we have two key injured running backs healthy again. we are feeling like the burg most have felt up till like 2007. what can we do to beat ironton. ironton must be feeling the same pressure. what can we do different to beat the burg.because since then ya'll have thrashed us about the head n facial area.i hope to hear a good report about their effort in Portsmouth tonight again the Trojans in the ovc previews.
Sorry bait. I know it was just previews but they did not look very disciplined tonight. I think they're in big trouble against the Pirates. They'll probably be in hunt for the OVC with Ports. and Chesapeake.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I had the pleasure of watching the tigers and the Trojans go at it tonight. A couple things. Portsmouth is much improved and probably my pick to win the ovc. Ironton is now running the spread.. gonna take some time to get it down. Now, burg ironton game.. burg should pretty much control the entire game. Irontons line on both sides was handled fairly easy by Portsmouth. after the first quarter the ironton players had their hands on their knees sucking air.. not a good sign for the tigers. Also I don't think that ironton has the athletes to compete with burg this year.

Big I fan
Waterboy

Post by Big I fan »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:13 pm I had the pleasure of watching the tigers and the Trojans go at it tonight. A couple things. Portsmouth is much improved and probably my pick to win the ovc. Ironton is now running the spread.. gonna take some time to get it down. Now, burg ironton game.. burg should pretty much control the entire game. Irontons line on both sides was handled fairly easy by Portsmouth. after the first quarter the ironton players had their hands on their knees sucking air.. not a good sign for the tigers. Also I don't think that ironton has the athletes to compete with burg this year.
You do realize Ironton was playing their third string against Portsmouth first string?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Big I fan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:41 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:13 pm I had the pleasure of watching the tigers and the Trojans go at it tonight. A couple things. Portsmouth is much improved and probably my pick to win the ovc. Ironton is now running the spread.. gonna take some time to get it down. Now, burg ironton game.. burg should pretty much control the entire game. Irontons line on both sides was handled fairly easy by Portsmouth. after the first quarter the ironton players had their hands on their knees sucking air.. not a good sign for the tigers. Also I don't think that ironton has the athletes to compete with burg this year.
You do realize Ironton was playing their third string against Portsmouth first string?
Why didn't ironton play there 1st or 2nd team? With a new offense I would think they would want to get them plenty of work

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

at don't sound too promising.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

From what I watched, I may have to revise my previous prediction. It may be worse than last year if that can be a possibility. Burg receivers are going to be a match up nightmare for Irontons secondary. Ironton has very little speed, expect Holden to do what he wants when he wants and how he wants.

I see Burg D putting so much pressure on Salyers he throws at least 2 INTs and is going to take a lot of hits. Ironton is trying to run the spread with little speed, not a good combo. Burg D is WAY FASTER and it will cause tremendous problems for the Tigers to move the football.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Hahaha yeah. I forgot that ironton has those secret D1 athletes that were showing their unicorns at the scioto county fair last night.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Did not see scrimmage but heard about same recap from those that went. Not sure how year in and year out you can not be in football shape come Week 1. I thought going into a filled up Tank Stadium on a Saturday night may be room for a little concern but I think not so much now.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Yea,I did see a couple 4 the graders out there too!

I would have thought that the running back ,and the qb would be further up the ladder then third string?
Ironton one score was on a play that the qb was scrambling with a 15 yard penalty at the end of it,other then that drive they was not close to the end zone.
Now with that beings said, Portsmouth is improved on offense ,but looks like the woes continue on defense.

Back on subject, burg will fire up the running clock in the tank on opening day

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

fbnut wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:12 am
Why didn't ironton play there 1st or 2nd team? With a new offense I would think they would want to get them plenty of work
They was out in the bus taking a nap.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

good luck to the ovc teams this year. and go tigers.

if it is true that ironton looked winded in a 1/2 game. after having a whole off season to address that, then that's unfortunate. and must be addressed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

could someone send me a couple schedules from back home. I'd love to have one of those schedules from the bank of an ovc schedule as well as an soc schedule if possible. I make predictions on them and update them.

tom Osborne
626 lake white road
waverly, ohio usa.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

JTEK wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:37 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:15 pm
Noitall wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 pm

LMao,you can't be serious, have you ever been to valley, or Portsmouth? Even east now with the new grass and field renovation may be better then burg .
I wouldn't argue with anyone that thought valley, portsmouth or burg was #2. I would not put east anywhere near the top.
No comment on east. ports-burg slightly ahead of valley because of valley's track. All three in my top 5

Valley doesn't have a track. Not sure what you are talking about.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Yeah lol. This is how I'd rank them.

1. Valley- plenty of parking, standing, seating.
2. Portsmouth- plenty of standing and seating
3. Burg- great atmosphere

Every place else 5

Dead last....west. Facilities are nice but That's it.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:08 pm Yeah lol. This is how I'd rank them.

1. Valley- plenty of parking, standing, seating.
2. Portsmouth- plenty of standing and seating
3. Burg- great atmosphere

Every place else 5

Dead last....west. Facilities are nice but That's it.
West is by far the worst place to watch a game in the SOC II and it isn't close. The visitors are basically in Northern Kentucky. The traffic getting out of there is horrible as well.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:58 am good luck to the ovc teams this year. and go tigers.

if it is true that ironton looked winded in a 1/2 game. after having a whole off season to address that, then that's unfortunate. and must be addressed.
Not true Tom. However keep on the low. Burg will go 10-0. We didn't have our top linemen sit the preview nor did we only run our top back once. Also we didn't have numerous freshmen and sophomores on the field by the fourth play of the game. Nah. That didn't happen. We also didn't have our backups to them come in on the second series. Lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sounds like we're gonna have our hands full then ibtt. I hope they are ready for the burg. and those pesky onsides kicks.
no doubt wheelersburg has established it's self as a super power in southern ohio now. when they go down they are gonna have a wagon load of crow I spect.
hard outfit to open a season with, i'll give em their props. they have owned us since coach lutz retired.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think IBTT was being sarcastic bait. He was saying that ironton wasn't at full speed during scrimmage preview. I was there and the tigers have a talented QB. Very athletic and can throw the ball very well. The senior running back played well. Other than that, they didn't play well and that's what people are recognizing. I'm not going to say the tigers are in trouble because it was a preview but their first showing wasn't that great especially in the trenches. It also appears they aren't that deep and lack some experience with 7 seniors. There are some pieces there for a successful season but they will have to work at it.

Return to “Football”