Re: WEEK 1 WHEELERSBURG @ IRONTON

Post by tobehonest »

tiger59 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:32 pm is this game Friday or moved to sat
Game is Saturday the 26th

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:18 pm Looking forward to another victory over the tigers. What I am not looking forward to is a game at that crap hole stadium.. tanks stadium is awful. The field is really nice!!! The parking and the visitors side are just pathetic though. But that's ok!! I don't care if the game was in the Middle of the street! No way I'm missing it!! Lol
An the Wheelersburg field is not come on! The visitors sections is like going to grade school field then you have the hill people that bring chairs in and roll down the hill drunk. There are plenty of places to park and they just built a new rest room is the South end.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OLE YTB JUST SAW A PICTURE OF THE 2017 FIGHTING TIGERS ON FACEBOOK, IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE 50 YOUNG'UNS OUT THIS YEAR. GO TIGERS GO.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

honestly I see no sense in picking at each others facilities. that's purty petty. the tank will hold a huge crowd. and the parking is more than ample. great field, great scoreboard, enourmous flag, covered stadium on the home side. a very nice press box, brand spankin new schools. beautiful turf, ample room for both bands. great consessions with numerous locations to buy from at least 3. under the stadium, at the endzone and at the location by the bandstand. tiger alley is a jewel to see first hand. like no other stadium around. --------------------------------- bob fada is a dear friend of mine, played for the Chicago bears and the Kansas city chiefs. his sons kyle and craig played for ohio state. we met him and his wife one time when he boys played for bishop Watterson. they arrived early and we met up. I showed them all around the stadium and they were honestly in awe of it's grandeur as a high school facilty, and the mystique of the ironton tanks, and the covered stadium. that's about as nice a compliment as anyone could get about a high school football facilty. and it's all flat. not down in a pit, that handicapped people can barely get down the hill. ------------------------------- and the name escapes me now. but I met CAPE'S coach one time too. and he told me tanks memorial stadium was the most intimidating place his team ever played in. between the covered stadium, the full house, and the raucous crowd. he was very struck with it, and loved it as well. and that game coach earl bruce from ohio state flew in on a helicopter to watch the game. it don't get much better than that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 am honestly I see no sense in picking at each others facilities. that's purty petty. the tank will hold a huge crowd. and the parking is more than ample. great field, great scoreboard, enourmous flag, covered stadium on the home side. a very nice press box, brand spankin new schools. beautiful turf, ample room for both bands. great consessions with numerous locations to buy from at least 3. under the stadium, at the endzone and at the location by the bandstand. tiger alley is a jewel to see first hand. like no other stadium around. --------------------------------- bob fada is a dear friend of mine, played for the Chicago bears and the Kansas city chiefs. his sons kyle and craig played for ohio state. we met him and his wife one time when he boys played for bishop Watterson. they arrived early and we met up. I showed them all around the stadium and they were honestly in awe of it's grandeur as a high school facilty, and the mystique of the ironton tanks, and the covered stadium. that's about as nice a compliment as anyone could get about a high school football facilty. and it's all flat. not down in a pit, that handicapped people can barely get down the hill. ------------------------------- and the name escapes me now. but I met CAPE'S coach one time too. and he told me tanks memorial stadium was the most intimidating place his team ever played in. between the covered stadium, the full house, and the raucous crowd. he was very struck with it, and loved it as well. and that game coach earl bruce from ohio state flew in on a helicopter to watch the game. it don't get much better than that.
Good way to look at it YTB, a HS Stadium can have character and nostalgia without having a "perfect" layout. The turf is great but the surrounding stands and history make it a very special place. Visitor locker rooms may be a little on the in need of improvement side of the equation but hey, no sense in making it too plush for your opponent.

Saturday Week 1 the place is going to be electric, and the place will be packed.

I am going to get there early and enjoy the atmosphere.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:38 am OLE YTB JUST SAW A PICTURE OF THE 2017 FIGHTING TIGERS ON FACEBOOK, IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE 50 YOUNG'UNS OUT THIS YEAR. GO TIGERS GO.
Is 50 a total of all 4 grades or just varsity?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I would say so. I don't thin they even have a frosh team anymore.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I would venture to guess that's all 4 grades, 50 would still be up some for all 4 grades combined.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

abe that's exactly what I'm saying as well. the locker room for visitors could be an easy fix. just add on to the end of the stadium a bit. restrooms has always been an issue. and the press box sticks out into the visitors bleachers for a couple of rows. I don't know if moving the bleachers forward several feet is an option or not. but for my money,, and there hain't much of it. it is the perfect blend of ole an new.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Burg people moaning about someone else's stadium.,that's novel. Parking? Lmao Burg has a bottle neck trying to get out,that's hilarious. Seating,I've seen more seating at a Little League baseball game. Not to mention all the Burg faithfull sprawled out on the Hill. Your stadium is hardly a gem.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

12gauge wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:13 pm Burg people moaning about someone else's stadium.,that's novel. Parking? Lmao Burg has a bottle neck trying to get out,that's hilarious. Seating,I've seen more seating at a Little League baseball game. Not to mention all the Burg faithfull sprawled out on the Hill. Your stadium is hardly a gem.
That may be but after Jackson the burgs stadium would at least be in the argument for #2 in the area

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Pirate ship is ready to sail. First stop Ironton. I'm glad this game got moved to Saturday night. The tank will be packed. I don't see any chance of a barn burner. Burg has reloaded AGAIN. They may not be the same team they were last year. However, they have tons of talent AGAIN. Defense is going to be nasty. The O will roll. I am expecting big things again this year.

YTB must have been drinking the Kool Aid. Never seen slang thrown like that. LMAO.

Too early to tell prediction
Burg 56
Itown 12

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have a feeling this may be our year to quiet ya'lls ship

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

fbnut wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:22 pm
12gauge wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:13 pm Burg people moaning about someone else's stadium.,that's novel. Parking? Lmao Burg has a bottle neck trying to get out,that's hilarious. Seating,I've seen more seating at a Little League baseball game. Not to mention all the Burg faithfull sprawled out on the Hill. Your stadium is hardly a gem.
That may be but after Jackson the burgs stadium would at least be in the argument for #2 in the area

LMao,you can't be serious, have you ever been to valley, or Portsmouth? Even east now with the new grass and field renovation may be better then burg .

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

:x
Noitall wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 pm

LMao,you can't be serious, have you ever been to valley, or Portsmouth? Even east now with the new grass and field renovation may be better then burg .
East is a crap hole.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I wouldn't argue with anyone that thought valley, portsmouth or burg was #2. I would not put east anywhere near the top.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Ok,may have been sarcastic loll, but their field does look nice compared to what it was

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:15 pm

I wouldn't argue with anyone that thought valley, portsmouth or burg was #2. I would not put east anywhere near the top.
No comment on east. ports-burg slightly ahead of valley because of valley's track. All three in my top 5

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point has a great stadium with plenty of seating for sides. Plus parking is free! Lol

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

osumufan wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:38 pm
South Point has a great stadium with plenty of seating for sides. Plus parking is free! Lol
Been a few years since I was there but I do remember it was a very nice stadium.
Rock hill has a nice stadium, don't remember how big visitors side is . I have always sat on the home side.

Return to “Football”