2023 Ironton Tigers

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: 2023 Ironton Tigers

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:24 pm
XandOs wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:15 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:38 pm

I can name the transfers from last year’s team that moved into the district and did not count against the CB: Felder, Keyes, and Perkins are the big three. All counted as zero against this year’s CB.

That said, my point of this is that the CB number doesn’t really tell you who is “a home grown kid” and who is not. I’ll use Burg as an a example so as not to offend any Ironton folk:

- Kid #1: goes to Burg (and plays football) for his senior year. Prior years were spent at another local school.

- Kid #2: went to Burg from k-12. Father went to Burg k-12. Uncles and aunts went to Burg. Grandfather and great uncles went to Burg. Football stadium named after said grandfather.

So let’s consider the CB impact of these two. Kid 1 had a zero impact because his mom moved into Burg district for his senior year. Kid 2 had a one impact to CB despite having a Wheelersburg address due to his house being in a neighboring school district.

Now the logic of many on this site is that kid 1 is a true Burg kid while kid 2 is not. That’s obviously silly, but that is the claim being made by many.

So to my point about CB, context matters. The number itself can be deceiving. Sure, OHSAA just looks at the raw number, but that number doesn’t necessarily tell you if a school recruits, benefits from significant transfers, etc. And we definitely cannot distinguish home grown or transfers simply by looking at this number.
Ironton and Wheelersburg have virtually the same enrollment as well. 177 and 176. Sounds like another excuse from the Wheelersburg base. Maybe Wheelersburg is getting transfers to they just aren’t as publicized cause they are no longer the big dog in the neighborhood.
Good grief. I try to explain something using Wheelersburg as an example not to offend the Ironton crowd, and yet someone from Ironton still finds offense.

Don’t have to be defensive. Was not attacking Ironton, just showing the false assumptions that can be made by just looking at CB number with no context. Did not mean any harm or to hurt anyone’s delicate feelings from Ironton.
Delicate feelings? Seems to me the only ones that get bent out of shape over CB numbers is a couple Wheelersburg posters on here, personally I don’t care.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:38 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:20 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:17 pm

“Twist it all you want”, I’m simply explaining how the CB is calculated. How is that twisting it?

Or you just want to point at the number with disregard on what that number actually means? Don’t like me pointing out that a number of Ironton’s top transfers don’t even show up in the CB number?
Do you actually know Irontons CB breakdown on which players lives in or out of District? Which players on the team count toward their CB number and who doesn’t, or, are you just guessing? Just curious.
I can name the transfers from last year’s team that moved into the district and did not count against the CB: Felder, Keyes, and Perkins are the big three. All counted as zero against this year’s CB.

That said, my point of this is that the CB number doesn’t really tell you who is “a home grown kid” and who is not. I’ll use Burg as an a example so as not to offend any Ironton folk:

- Kid #1: goes to Burg (and plays football) for his senior year. Prior years were spent at another local school.

- Kid #2: went to Burg from k-12. Father went to Burg k-12. Uncles and aunts went to Burg. Grandfather and great uncles went to Burg. Football stadium named after said grandfather.

So let’s consider the CB impact of these two. Kid 1 had a zero impact because his mom moved into Burg district for his senior year. Kid 2 had a one impact to CB despite having a Wheelersburg address due to his house being in a neighboring school district.

Now the logic of many on this site is that kid 1 is a true Burg kid while kid 2 is not. That’s obviously silly, but that is the claim being made by many.

So to my point about CB, context matters. The number itself can be deceiving. Sure, OHSAA just looks at the raw number, but that number doesn’t necessarily tell you if a school recruits, benefits from significant transfers, etc. And we definitely cannot distinguish home grown or transfers simply by looking at this number.
I’ll tell you what’s silly, and that’s defining kids as “True Ironton Kids” and “True Wheelersburg Kids.”

A true Ironton kid attend school at Ironton. A true Wheelersburg kid attend school at Wheelersburg. Anything else is just whining.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:53 pm
XandOs wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:15 pm

Ironton and Wheelersburg have virtually the same enrollment as well. 177 and 176. Sounds like another excuse from the Wheelersburg base. Maybe Wheelersburg is getting transfers to they just aren’t as publicized cause they are no longer the big dog in the neighborhood.
Good grief. I try to explain something using Wheelersburg as an example not to offend the Ironton crowd, and yet someone from Ironton still finds offense.

Don’t have to be defensive. Was not attacking Ironton, just showing the false assumptions that can be made by just looking at CB number with no context. Did not mean any harm or to hurt anyone’s delicate feelings from Ironton.
Delicate feelings? Seems to me the only ones that get bent out of shape over CB numbers is a couple Wheelersburg posters on here, personally I don’t care.
I was just trying to explain how CB is calculated. Was not trying to offend any Ironton posters. Of course with some, that’s impossible not to do.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:15 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:53 pm

I was just trying to explain how CB is calculated. Was not trying to offend any Ironton posters. Of course with some, that’s impossible not to do.
Burg fans should worry more about only making it outta their region like 3 times in the last 15 years or so.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looks like Minford stepped up to the plate. Looks to be another great event at the Tank.

Ironton Air Raid 7 on 7 and Big Man Challenge.

Thurs. July 20th at 11:00am at Tanks
Stadium.

1. Ironton
2. Winton Woods
3. Huber Heights Wayne
4. Raceland
5. Cinci Withrow
6. Findlay
7. Shelby Valley, Ky
8. Minford

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Yes it appears that Ironton has done something great again!
And I am tired of hearing about transfers who counts toward the school numbers. They are coming to Ironton because they have been proven to be winners on and off the field. End of story!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

osu 77 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:22 am Yes it appears that Ironton has done something great again!
And I am tired of hearing about transfers who counts toward the school numbers. They are coming to Ironton because they have been proven to be winners on and off the field. End of story!
Fortunately for Ironton, most of the transfers don’t count towards the CB given that they have been moving into the school district. As for the talk about transfers, that’s not going to stop as long as Ironton is pulling the numbers that they currently do.

With regards to “winners on and off the field”, Ironton has a really good football program, historically and currently. It is truly a football school and the best in SEO.

Off the field is a different story. Ironton academics are not good and nowhere near the best in SEO. All of these kids transferring in are going strictly for football, not for the other sports or for the academics.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

Lol 😂 both burg and Ironton fans bragging up their super duper teams with a ballooned cb.

burg been having those kids come in early
Ironton late

Pendleton goes 6-5 first year out lol 😂
Goes into portal for next 4 years. And goes to 3 out of 4 state games. That ain’t coaching that’s genius recruiting

There’s a reason he is the athlete director and owns real estate

Burg recruiting comes from education success so they get ‘em early but theyd be average too if their school wasn’t goid

lol

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

mustard wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:07 pm Lol 😂 both burg and Ironton fans bragging up their super duper teams with a ballooned cb.

burg been having those kids come in early
Ironton late

Pendleton goes 6-5 first year out lol 😂
Goes into portal for next 4 years. And goes to 3 out of 4 state games. That ain’t coaching that’s genius recruiting

There’s a reason he is the athlete director and owns real estate

Burg recruiting comes from education success so they get ‘em early but theyd be average too if their school wasn’t goid

lol
One flaw in your claim about Burg. They had closed borders for a long time; they were the last school in the area to open their borders. Burg success in the 70’s and 80’s were with closed borders. CB would have been zero in those years.

Also, the football talent in those years was actually better. Just compare the two state champ teams. The Soph-Sr classes from the 1989 state champ team produced:
- QB who went football to OU
- RB that went football to Fairmont State
- RB that went football to Morehead
- FB that went football to Miami of Ohio
- Center that went football to Fairmont State
- Linebacker that went baseball to OSU
- Linebacker that walked on football to Marshall

The 2017 state champ team sent most of their players to small schools (not even MAC level). Only Holden was D1 talent.

So to say Burg would be average goes against actual historical results.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Could we get all the Burg poop off this thread. For a school bragging about their educational system they can’t tell the difference between a Ironton and a Burg thread!

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

osu 77 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:43 am Could we get all the Burg poop off this thread. For a school bragging about their educational system they can’t tell the difference between a Ironton and a Burg thread!
Burg is just a softball school now 🥎

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Will Ironton have enough this season to win another state title?

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:13 pm Will Ironton have enough this season to win another state title?
No. Southeastern Ohio teams can't compete very well with the teams out of their region . Not impossible but the odds are very long against it. I believe since 89 only burgh in 17 and Amanda cc in the late 90s have won a state title out of the se region.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good to see The Ohio State Coaches in Tigertown watching workouts today. Keep up the hard work, and as always:

Go Fighting Tigers…..

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Sure is great to see all of the Colleges stopping in Tigertown looking at our Athletes working out. WVU was in town today. Keep up the hard work, and as always:

Go Fighting Tigers……..

RRX.2020
Waterboy

Post by RRX.2020 »

I wish the people from Wheelersburg would stay on their own form, we don't care about what you think you may know about Ironton Football. do you think those kids would have gotten the collage offers they got if they had stayed at Valley or anywhere else. They chose to come to Ironton and now playing Collage Balls. Have you noticed how many different College has been in Ironton the last few weeks? Many! And the All Ohio Show case?
Just a couple reasons kids want to go to Ironton to play football.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RRX.2020 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:17 pm I wish the people from Wheelersburg would stay on their own form, we don't care about what you think you may know about Ironton Football. do you think those kids would have gotten the collage offers they got if they had stayed at Valley or anywhere else. They chose to come to Ironton and now playing Collage Balls. Have you noticed how many different College has been in Ironton the last few weeks? Many! And the All Ohio Show case?
There was definitely a lot of Colleges in town this week. Coach Pendleton and Staff have built a tremendous network and are doing great things in Tigertown.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

What a big day at the tank today:

All Ohio Football Show Case, good luck too all that have signed up for this great event.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:00 pm
RRX.2020 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:17 pm I wish the people from Wheelersburg would stay on their own form, we don't care about what you think you may know about Ironton Football. do you think those kids would have gotten the collage offers they got if they had stayed at Valley or anywhere else. They chose to come to Ironton and now playing Collage Balls. Have you noticed how many different College has been in Ironton the last few weeks? Many! And the All Ohio Show case?
There was definitely a lot of Colleges in town this week. Coach Pendleton and Staff have built a tremendous network and are doing great things in Tigertown.
That's cool. I'm being told there will be a D-1 coach coming to Northwest this week.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:55 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:00 pm
That's cool. I'm being told there will be a D-1 coach coming to Northwest this week.
Not possible. Only Ironton can attract D-1 coaches :)

Return to “Football”