Post by TigerBob »

Player transfers to Ironton - Recruited by Ironton
Player transfers to Wheelersburg - Recruited by Ironton

Good luck to the young man!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TigerBob wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:36 pm Player transfers to Ironton - Recruited by Ironton

He wasn’t recruited by Burg, he’s going for the education. He probably lives on the boarder of Wheelersburg anyhow, so he should have been going there anyhow lol.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Yup. Wheelersburg is actually the closest school to his house by 10-15 minutes. His house borders the Wheelersburg school district. The houses on the other side of the road are in Wheelersburg, his isn’t.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:36 pm Player transfers to Ironton - Recruited by Ironton

Transferring is not the same as recruiting.

Transferring is a kid and his family deciding to attend another school without interference or contact from said school.

Recruiting is when a coach or other person connected to the school reaches out to the student and asks them to transfer to said school.

In this case, Ironton made contact with this kid and his family, Wheelersburg did not.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Sounds like you have the Fighting Tigers dead to rights. Do you need OHSAA contact info so you can pass it along?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:47 pm Sounds like you have the Fighting Tigers dead to rights. Do you need OHSAA contact info so you can pass it along?
Wheelersburg school officials know this. Up to them decide how to handle it. More importantly, up to the Lattimore family. They are the ones that would get dragged into this.

Not my child, so not my place to report it.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:52 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:47 pm Sounds like you have the Fighting Tigers dead to rights. Do you need OHSAA contact info so you can pass it along?
Wheelersburg school officials know this. Up to them decide how to handle it. More importantly, up to the Lattimore family. They are the ones that would get dragged into this.

Not my child, so not my place to report it.

Besides, we’ve seen the Burg-Ironton series without Ironton bringing in a bunch of outside kids. It’s very one-sided and not much fun to watch. Plus, if Burg can’t beat Ironton, despite all of the recruits, they have no chance of winning the state anyway. So makes for a good measuring stick.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

RBH23 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:46 pm

Transferring is a kid and his family deciding to attend another school without interference or contact from said school.

Recruiting is when a coach or other person connected to the school reaches out to the student and asks them to transfer to said school.

In this case, Ironton made contact with this kid and his family, Wheelersburg did not.
Do you know this with 100% certainty. This could be slander or defamation of character if you don’t have 100% proof which you don’t cause it’s false claims all the time by the Pirate faithful. Coach Pendelton doesn’t have to recruit. His resume and the program does it for him. Plus isn’t this the kid that couldn’t cut it at Portsmouth because of Discipline issues. I Highly doubt anyone at Ironton wants any part of that. If he can’t make it at Portsmouth how is he going to go through what they do up here at Ironton.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I don’t know about anything with the above information but I do know this: Wheelersburg hasn’t had a losing regular season since 1964.

Since 1965,
Wheelersburg has been 502-146.
At least 9 undefeated regular seasons.
A 47-32 playoff record
34 Playoff Appearances
A slew of Conference Championships

As far as I can tell, none of the above is changing anytime soon.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

XandOs wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:40 pm

Do you know this with 100% certainty. This could be slander or defamation of character if you don’t have 100% proof which you don’t cause it’s false claims all the time by the Pirate faithful. Coach Pendelton doesn’t have to recruit. His resume and the program does it for him. Plus isn’t this the kid that couldn’t cut it at Portsmouth because of Discipline issues. I Highly doubt anyone at Ironton wants any part of that. If he can’t make it at Portsmouth how is he going to go through what they do up here at Ironton.
Yes, this is true.

Only people in the dark on this are Ironton fans. Parents and kids do talk, and many of them have close connections to people at Wheelersburg. This is not a new revelation.

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

STOP trying to reason with Itown people. You know with their poor education system they don’t understand.
Last edited by Bad Snap on Sun May 07, 2023 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

RBH23 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:00 pm

Yes, this is true.

Only people in the dark on this are Ironton fans. Parents and kids do talk, and many of them have close connections to people at Wheelersburg. This is not a new revelation.
It’s funny that none of those kids or parents have shown proof. You would think a kid at Wheelersburg or Portsmouth that had substantial proof would have turned it in after 5 years 🤣. It’s really funny to listen to you get on here daily and talk trash about Pendleton but I bet you’ve never spoke to the man. You should never talk about someone you don’t know. Remember this too. Kids and parents want to feel wanted. It’s easy for a kid to say they want me or this coach is recruiting me. It’s called attention and kids and parents and keyboard warriors strive for it today. All us Ironton fans could get on here and say Woodward and wheelersburg cheated for years with wire tapping and hasn’t won anything since the scandal. But we don’t cause we have no actual proof. Don’t throw stones in a glass house.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Transfer to Ironton!!!! That's flipping funny right there! So Perkins wasn't openly recruited to ironton he just "transferred" in?

The two kids from Ashland last year that were "living" in Ironton. They transferred in as well!!

You guys freaking kill me and still can't admit without the "transfers" you are mediocre at best.

What are you going to do this year with your recruiters all jumping ship and going to Kentucky to coach??

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

XandOs wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:14 pm

Yes, this is true.

It’s funny that none of those kids or parents have shown proof. You would think a kid at Wheelersburg or Portsmouth that had substantial proof would have turned it in after 5 years 🤣. It’s really funny to listen to you get on here daily and talk trash about Pendleton but I bet you’ve never spoke to the man. You should never talk about someone you don’t know. Remember this too. Kids and parents want to feel wanted. It’s easy for a kid to say they want me or this coach is recruiting me. It’s called attention and kids and parents and keyboard warriors strive for it today. All us Ironton fans could get on here and say Woodward and wheelersburg cheated for years with wire tapping and hasn’t won anything since the scandal. But we don’t cause we have no actual proof. Don’t throw stones in a glass house.
What I have shared has come directly from the kids themselves or the parents. Parents/kids have said it, you just don’t want to believe it. They could tell it to your face, and you still wouldn’t believe it!

The kids I’m specifically referencing have ties to Burg schools. I do not know what went down with the Ashland kids or Felder since they do not have such ties. But some of these kids from Scioto county? Yes, I do know details; even more than I have shared because I’m not going to tell sources.

That said, I’m not the only one who has given details. Others have discussed this many times on here, and of course the Ironton fans say the exact same thing.

As for badmouthing Pendleton over this, I have actually done the opposite. He’s smart to do this. His job is to win football games, and he knows this is what it takes to be a winner at Ironton.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

RBH23 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:40 pm

Yes, this is true.

What I have shared has come directly from the kids themselves or the parents. Parents/kids have said it, you just don’t want to believe it. They could tell it to your face, and you still wouldn’t believe it!

The kids I’m specifically referencing have ties to Burg schools. I do not know what went down with the Ashland kids or Felder since they do not have such ties. But some of these kids from Scioto county? Yes, I do know details; even more than I have shared because I’m not going to tell sources.

That said, I’m not the only one who has given details. Others have discussed this many times on here, and of course the Ironton fans say the exact same thing.

As for badmouthing Pendleton over this, I have actually done the opposite. He’s smart to do this. His job is to win football games, and he knows this is what it takes to be a winner at Ironton.

I think everyone knows who you’re referring to. Why don’t you ask that family. I think the move paid off the kid. I doubt he ends up where he’s at if he didn’t move and everyone but burg fans know this . I also have spoke to people who know the family and they haven’t indicated anything you’re accusing but once again it’s easy to say that. Maybe their other kid was recruited by another school in Scioto county and that’s why they moved her there. Don’t throw stones in glass houses.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

:lol:

Ironton and burg fans trying to polish up those recruiting resumes lol

news flash tiger and pirate fans. You’d all be mediocre without them so stop tryn to sell everyone that you’re an attraction

What you guys got, 1 state championship between you since the 1980s?

Kirtland and Marion local both have more in one decade than you twos have combined. 😂 without the recruiting and open enrollment

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

XandOs wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:46 pm

I think everyone knows who you’re referring to. Why don’t you ask that family. I think the move paid off the kid. I doubt he ends up where he’s at if he didn’t move and everyone but burg fans know this . I also have spoke to people who know the family and they haven’t indicated anything you’re accusing but once again it’s easy to say that. Maybe their other kid was recruited by another school in Scioto county and that’s why they moved her there. Don’t throw stones in glass houses.
Let’s be clear, I think kids should get to choose where they play. After all, it’s their life. Also, I think Pendleton is being smart reaching out to these kids. He probably won’t win a state title even with them, but without them, he wouldn’t get out of the region.

My point of bringing it up is to mock the Ironton fans that are in denial over it. Your second oldest rival refuses to play Ironton because of this. Other OVC coaches have accused Ironton of recruiting and now the OVC and Ironton are parting ways. Parents and kids are talking about it. But many Ironton fans remain in denial. LOL!!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

mustard wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:58 am :lol:

Ironton and burg fans trying to polish up those recruiting resumes lol

news flash tiger and pirate fans. You’d all be mediocre without them so stop tryn to sell everyone that you’re an attraction

What you guys got, 1 state championship between you since the 1980s?

Kirtland and Marion local both have more in one decade than you twos have combined. 😂 without the recruiting and open enrollment
Burg is attractive relative to where the town is located. But Kirtland is most definitely a nicer community with more money and opportunities. Same with the location of the MAC schools. These areas haven’t been hit as hard with businesses leaving, drugs, and break-up of families. More stable environments.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

RBH23 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:57 am
XandOs wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:46 pm

Let’s be clear, I think kids should get to choose where they play. After all, it’s their life. Also, I think Pendleton is being smart reaching out to these kids. He probably won’t win a state title even with them, but without them, he wouldn’t get out of the region.

My point of bringing it up is to mock the Ironton fans that are in denial over it. Your second oldest rival refuses to play Ironton because of this. Other OVC coaches have accused Ironton of recruiting and now the OVC and Ironton are parting ways. Parents and kids are talking about it. But many Ironton fans remain in denial. LOL!!
The 2nd oldest rivalry recruits more than any program in the Tri-state. Just ask South Point. Half their starters a few years ago lived in South Point . Their Basketball Coach was also busted for calling parents of other schools and recruiting their sons.

There is only one school and one coach that cries about Ironton in OVC. Which there’s no one from that school moving to Ironton nor would they play if they did. Ironton was looking to get out of conference from what I was told to be better prepared for Canton.

Pendletons first year at Ironton by game 11 they just about beat the State runner-up at their place. A turnover kept Ironton from winning the game. The same team who put a running clock on Wheelersburg 3 weeks later. Don’t say it’s the recruits. It’s the people and program he’s established.
Last edited by XandOs on Mon May 08, 2023 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Girls girls settle down. You’re both recruiting and not winning with said recruits. Quit arguing and team up to see if you all can make a trade to benefit your schools. Maybe you guys can go on visits together, look over the transfer portal to see who’s in it….you guys are idiots arguing about this on a prep forum. Facts are facts proof isn’t needed on either side. Everyone knows what you guys do, maybe you guys should talk football instead, yeah?

Return to “Football”