Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

fielddaddy
JV Team

Re: Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Post by fielddaddy »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:06 am
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:37 am Ironton needed that wake up call from Gallia they was sleep walking thinking they was unbeatable Gallia was a shocker.
Ironton is multi dimensional and West is a good team.
But I think Ironton will win by 3 scores and it will be close till after half time Ironton has depth and just to much skill position players to be slowed down.
Good luck Tigers may both teams come out healthy
You are not giving credit to west’s defense. Ignore the Waverly game.

21 point victory is not a stretch but I think it would be a tack on score late if it happens.
I’m not ignoring nothing.
And I care less about the Waverly game.
Ironton and Waverly are two different teams.
As is Ironton and Burg.
Ironton has to much depth at RB and receiver and it will take a toll on another team.
I think the Gallia game was needed to wake Ironton up.

Hunterbentley68
Waterboy

Post by Hunterbentley68 »

mattash wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:15 pm Who you got? Pick the final score
Ironton 37 West 6

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

If Ironton takes care of the ball and doesn't get the dumb penalties then I believe they can make a very deep run.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looks like 100% chance of rain Friday, hopefully it’s over by game time.

NoseyRosey
Waterboy

Post by NoseyRosey »

BigSpoon wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:44 am
NoseyRosey wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:08 pm I am rooting for a Sider victory here. All the transfers from all over the country ending up in Ironton is about as fishy as the ladies at the splash pad on 3rd St on a hot summer day. Can't really respect that type of team and their coach. Speaking of coaches, Coach G at West has done a great job with that program and their kids play and work hard. You don't see him sucking up to college boosters or chasing recruits at basketball games. Just shows up and putting effort into the kids that want to play for their school. Winning with class the right way
[/quote

Why don’t you just tell us you’re small minded and ate up with play where you were born BS 🤣
People are small minded for appreciating a coach working hard with the kids he has instead of running around at exposure events, basketball games, and college camps trying to recruit? It's just more rewarding to see coaches invest in improving student athletes rather than trying to replace them.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Rain will be done at 3 pm Friday,not an excuse like the old days when you had to play in mud and slop after rains.

Another reason today's kids are to soft

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

when was the 1st meeting ? i thought ironton gave West their only loss this year ? i could be wrong on that and don’t quote me sayin that’s true. i just think it. any one confirm ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:58 pm when was the 1st meeting ? i thought ironton gave West their only loss this year ? i could be wrong on that and don’t quote me sayin that’s true. i just think it. any one confirm ?
Fairland beat West this year.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Pinwheel wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:38 am Rain will be done at 3 pm Friday,not an excuse like the old days when you had to play in mud and slop after rains.

You must be speaking of your team, Ironton kids aren't soft.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

frankie wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:43 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:38 am Rain will be done at 3 pm Friday,not an excuse like the old days when you had to play in mud and slop after rains.

Tigers take this game to advance.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

frankie wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:43 pm

Neither are the West boys.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

David vs Goliath for a trip to the regional finals. Kind of reminds me of the movie friday night lights. It’s a shame it’s not on natural grass, 1-2 inches of rainfall expected sounds like a lot of fun.

WWE HALL OF FAME
Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Omg ,I'm talking all kids ,if you think todays kids " most of them" aren't softer then the kids before social media and video games , you're one of them ,jeeez , defensive much 😂😂.

But I will take the west kids over Ironton as far as Physical,just comes natural down thar

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Pinwheel wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:53 pm Omg ,I'm talking all kids ,if you think todays kids " most of them" aren't softer then the kids before social media and video games , you're one of them ,jeeez , defensive much 😂😂.

But I will take the west kids over Ironton as far as Physical,just comes natural down thar
you got me thar, pinhead. :lol:

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Pinwheel wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:53 pm Omg ,I'm talking all kids ,if you think todays kids " most of them" aren't softer then the kids before social media and video games , you're one of them ,jeeez , defensive much 😂😂.

Yeah I heard they are built different on Carey’s Run.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:34 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:00 am
BigSpoon wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:10 am

Couldn’t stop Hall? Did you not see the score?
Oh, I'm sorry did I talk about the score?? Nope I talked about Hall--153 yards on 24 carries or 6.4 yards per carry to the only player on CG that Ironton had to worry about stopping, so no they didn't stop him. When you stop a guy see you do like Kirtland did they knew they had to stop Ironton's rushing attack so in back to back years 48 yards rushing and 45 yards rushing as a team R. Carrico 11 rushes 35 yards in game 2. See that's stopping. 100% Ironton won the game and walked all over CG but the only game plan going up against CG is stop Hall or slow attempt to slow him down, didn't happen.
Hall had two big runs and a TD in his first few Carrie’s then it was shut down city on him including a fumble.
Take those away he is looking at 75 yards for roughly a 3.5 carry or so.
Ironton made adjustments and shut hall down.
Oh so now we're taking away plays he made? Interesting I didn't realize we could do that in football but hey if that's what gets you to the we shut him down point have it. We all know it's not true, Kirtland 2 years in a row shutdown the rushing attack for the entire game, not a big run here or there entire game, that's shutting down.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:47 pm

Even using Portsmouth though really doesn't compute because honestly outside of Ironton, no one in the OVC played defense this year. Ironton held Portsmouth to 7 twice, problem I see that West is going to have is that Ironton does have the capability to throw it all over the field and probably can on West sorry they're just not that good against the pass. At the same time West isn't going to be able to lineup to stop the the pass because Ironton prefers to run it, it's a dang if you do danged if you don't situation. You have to stop something or the West coaches have to be on their game in trying to stay ahead of the Ironton offense and hopefully hit the right defense at the right time.

Ironton does prefer to go downfield more so than sticking with the short stuff, so if West can limit the big play sustain drives this could be a good game. Ironton wasn't able to stop Hall for CG and that was the only thing CG could do at least West has the capability to get downfield with the pass. If I'm West I'm making this an ugly game playing keep away and see just how patient Ironton can be, all the pressure is on Ironton. Good Luck

Oh, I'm sorry did I talk about the score?? Nope I talked about Hall--153 yards on 24 carries or 6.4 yards per carry to the only player on CG that Ironton had to worry about stopping, so no they didn't stop him. When you stop a guy see you do like Kirtland did they knew they had to stop Ironton's rushing attack so in back to back years 48 yards rushing and 45 yards rushing as a team R. Carrico 11 rushes 35 yards in game 2. See that's stopping. 100% Ironton won the game and walked all over CG but the only game plan going up against CG is stop Hall or slow attempt to slow him down, didn't happen.
😂😂😂😂😂 definitely cg mentality right there

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

NoseyRosey wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:17 am
BigSpoon wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:44 am
NoseyRosey wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:08 pm I am rooting for a Sider victory here. All the transfers from all over the country ending up in Ironton is about as fishy as the ladies at the splash pad on 3rd St on a hot summer day. Can't really respect that type of team and their coach. Speaking of coaches, Coach G at West has done a great job with that program and their kids play and work hard. You don't see him sucking up to college boosters or chasing recruits at basketball games. Just shows up and putting effort into the kids that want to play for their school. Winning with class the right way
[/quote

Why don’t you just tell us you’re small minded and ate up with play where you were born BS 🤣
People are small minded for appreciating a coach working hard with the kids he has instead of running around at exposure events, basketball games, and college camps trying to recruit? It's just more rewarding to see coaches invest in improving student athletes rather than trying to replace them.
Oh boy, here we go! Salty AF i see

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigSpoon wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:59 pm

😂😂😂😂😂 definitely cg mentality right there
OOOOK, makes absolutely zero sense but hey go for it man. Most Ironton fans simply can't handle the true numbers anyways sort of a head in the sand approach, it's no big deal you guys won the game. Sort of funny how you guys cling to me mentioning his rushing stats, you guys won what 55-6 and you're still bitter about Hall running the way he did against you and all those D1 guys you hang your hats on, lol. You guys are some different kind of fans.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:02 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:34 am

Hall had two big runs and a TD in his first few Carrie’s then it was shut down city on him including a fumble.
Take those away he is looking at 75 yards for roughly a 3.5 carry or so.
Ironton made adjustments and shut hall down.
Oh so now we're taking away plays he made? Interesting I didn't realize we could do that in football but hey if that's what gets you to the we shut him down point have it. We all know it's not true, Kirtland 2 years in a row shutdown the rushing attack for the entire game, not a big run here or there entire game, that's shutting down.
I am saying Ironton made adjustments to shut Hsll down.
You tried to make it sound that Hall was unstoppable I’m not taking nothing away from the young man he is a tremendous Football player.
Yes Kirkland shut down Ironton’s running game 2 years in a row.
Kirkland is a tremendous football team.
How did Burg fair against Kirkland ???????
Oh that’s right Burg didn’t make it to the State Championship game 2 years in a row to get blasted by the best team in Div V those 2 years.
Win or not it’s still something to get that far.
Burg didn’t couldn’t get there Ironton did and did their best with a young coach only getting better every year with or without transfers like it or not.

Return to “Football”