Freshman Team

Re: WK3 Trimble @ Vinton County

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Maybe VC returns the covid card thimble played last year

Tee Higgins
Riding the Bench

Post by Tee Higgins »

Trimble bounces back after two tough games but VC will fight as they are also a better team than their record indicates. Good luck and good health to the two TVC squads.

There's three things in life that's certain: Death, taxes, and 85 will always be open.
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:52 am Maybe VC returns the covid card thimble played last year
That would prolly be a good idea. If they know how pi**ed off this team and coaches are about the "dodge" comments and how hungry they are for a win they prolly will think it's better to do that than to get the brakes beaten off of you. :o

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:15 pm
Lonesome Polecat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:52 am Maybe VC returns the covid card thimble played last year
That would prolly be a good idea. If they know how pi**ed off this team and coaches are about the "dodge" comments and how hungry they are for a win they prolly will think it's better to do that than to get the brakes beaten off of you. :o
I sure hope they play this game and that Thimble wins it. Eastern could sure use the playoff points and their coaches have guaranteed they will beat Thimble.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Word on the street is that Trimble has been hit by the Covid bug over the weekend. Not sure how many but the number is growing according to sources.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I got Trimble 20-6

ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:56 am
ManInBlack wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:02 pm Trimble running clock
Trimble is so sick of hearing from VC people that we "dodged" them last year that I won't be surprised if this is what happens. We showed glimpses of greatness against a River team that many predicted would put a runner on us. I think River, who everyone says is loaded with some of the best talent they've ever had, found out just how hard Trimble plays and even on a down year has talent. I realize we got beat by a bad NY team but that bad NY team will win the Ohio and we had our worst game in a decade against them and still kept it close. I think we just might beat the brakes off of VC.
All I know is VC can’t run 3 basic run plays against Trimble and expect any results. Cats seem pretty well coached from the few times I seen them play last year. I’m sure they will continue to get better every week and dominate tvc hocking again.

Viking defense got pushed around by rock hill. I expect Trimble to be a ton better. Anyone that believes otherwise just isn’t paying attention

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

ManInBlack wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:10 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:56 am
ManInBlack wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:02 pm Trimble running clock
Trimble is so sick of hearing from VC people that we "dodged" them last year that I won't be surprised if this is what happens. We showed glimpses of greatness against a River team that many predicted would put a runner on us. I think River, who everyone says is loaded with some of the best talent they've ever had, found out just how hard Trimble plays and even on a down year has talent. I realize we got beat by a bad NY team but that bad NY team will win the Ohio and we had our worst game in a decade against them and still kept it close. I think we just might beat the brakes off of VC.
All I know is VC can’t run 3 basic run plays against Trimble and expect any results. Cats seem pretty well coached from the few times I seen them play last year. I’m sure they will continue to get better every week and dominate tvc hocking again.

Viking defense got pushed around by rock hill. I expect Trimble to be a ton better. Anyone that believes otherwise just isn’t paying attention
Trimble isn't very good, but neither is VC. Yes Trimble will walk through the Hocking but that doesn't take a whole lot most years. This will be a real battle in my opinion. Both teams struggling, one that is used to beating up on pretty much everyone they are playing, and one team that was supposed to be one of the best in the area according to the pre season hype. I'd like to say whoever wins will turn their season around but really win or lose they'll both have pretty easy wins coming up in the TVC games they play. I'll guess VC has the edge in talent and Trimble has the advantage in coaching. Should be a good one.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

I firmly expect that Trimble will get their first win of the season vs VC. No disrespect to the Vikings.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

Lakers23
Riding the Bench

Post by Lakers23 »

If Trimble comes out and runs the same offense all 4 quarter’s like the 2nd half against River I see them scoring 4 or 5 TDs.VC will not keep up with them scoring.

Lebron236
Waterboy

Post by Lebron236 »

Trimble is Trimble, they will find a way to get better, and they will find a way to win, don’t know much ab vc other than they a physical and will get to the ball

Bagger Vance
Riding the Bench

Post by Bagger Vance »

Trimble is the pick. 26-13

Mydogskippy
Waterboy

Post by Mydogskippy »

Vinton County has the better team, with significantly more experience.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Mydogskippy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:33 am Vinton County has the better team, with significantly more experience.
They lost to Rock Hill

Dragon551990
Waterboy

Post by Dragon551990 »

Go Trimble!

ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

Is this game going to be streamed on BMG this week?

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Hard one to pick! VC with all its pre season hype has shown nothing through 2 weeks. Trimble who is down this year but still is Trimble. It’s a coin flip. I’ll take Trimble in a close one on the road!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

ManInBlack wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:01 am Is this game going to be streamed on BMG this week?
Yes.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

I got vc winning 14-13. but neither team has been impressive what so ever this year after all the hype. just going with vc winning because somebody has to win

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:56 am I got vc winning 14-13. but neither team has been impressive what so ever this year after all the hype. just going with vc winning because somebody has to win
I agree that neither team has been a stand out so far. I do give Trimble some credit for giving a big, solid River team a run for their money last week. This should be a good one with the hype from last year. Apparently Trimble dodged VC, this that and the other. Should live up to the hype. Hoping for an injury free game for both teams!

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.

Return to “Football”