District Championship …Trimble vs Western. Updates

Brokeboy 2323
Waterboy

Re: District Championship …Trimble vs Western

Post by Brokeboy 2323 »

I don’t think they can stop chase carter offensively and I think Sean Kerns is gonna lock up defensively and kolten Miller is dropping 25 Indians by 12

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Brokeboy 2323 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:19 am I don’t think they can stop chase carter offensively and I think Sean Kerns is gonna lock up defensively and kolten Miller is dropping 25 Indians by 12
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Brokeboy 2323 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:19 am I don’t think they can stop chase carter offensively and I think Sean Kerns is gonna lock up defensively and kolten Miller is dropping 25 Indians by 12
I think I see what you are doing. Joined a few days ago to come and get the Cats fired up. Well then, carry on. :mrgreen:

Space Between
Waterboy

Post by Space Between »

Wouldn't be surprised to see Trimble block out the noise from their first 2 performances and make a statement against Western

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

Considering I havent even heard of Sean Kerns I think Trimble will be fine. Howie will have a game plan and have the Tomcats ready. Guffey will be to much and I dont think they really need the bulletin board posts. I am also hearing that Weber is getting close to 100%. Tomcats by 7

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Space Between wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:44 am Wouldn't be surprised to see Trimble block out the noise from their first 2 performances and make a statement against Western
That's what I been saying. Cats are primed. They know what's at stake. This one is for Howie, the team, the school, the community and for the TVC. Go Cats!

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Harambe wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:49 am Considering I havent even heard of Sean Kerns I think Trimble will be fine. Howie will have a game plan and have the Tomcats ready. Guffey will be to much and I dont think they really need the bulletin board posts. I am also hearing that Weber is getting close to 100%. Tomcats by 7
Hey that bulletin board material worked for the Lady Cats. Just ask sneaky pine. So I say let them keep it up. Also doesn't hurt to have a few homies posting pretending to be predicting against the Cats. We gotta use whatever we got. :mrgreen:

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

Well that I disagree with. If they are as good as you claim them to be then they definitely do not need it. I believe they are that good. Notre Dame was just a match up problem for them I believe. Western will not be. Trimble will run run and run on them which is what they should have done more to Notre Dame. Weber will shut down MIller and #42 wont have an impact on Trimble like he did against Fed Hock.

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

PFloyd has seen the Tomcats multiple times, I doubt he has seen Western I would like to know what hes thinking about this game?

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Harambe wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:07 am Well that I disagree with. If they are as good as you claim them to be then they definitely do not need it. I believe they are that good. Notre Dame was just a match up problem for them I believe. Western will not be. Trimble will run run and run on them which is what they should have done more to Notre Dame. Weber will shut down MIller and #42 wont have an impact on Trimble like he did against Fed Hock.
We need everything because we want to play a perfect game and win by as much as possible while the starters are in. Not to run the score of course.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Harambe wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:08 am PFloyd has seen the Tomcats multiple times, I doubt he has seen Western I would like to know what hes thinking about this game?
He has seen Western. Stated on a different thread they are one of the better "teams" he has watched all year. Very similar to Trimble. Well coached, fundamentally sound, play team basketball for 4 quarters.

JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

Gray Cat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:18 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:36 am If Weber is still hurt I actually think Western is a slight favorite here. They need him especially on the defensive end.

Both squads fully healthy I like Trimble in a close one..... but they haven't looked too good in their first 2 games against teams that Western is clearly better then. Howie has his work cut out for him.
Brokeboy 2323 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:58 am Western is going to state led by Sean Kerns
We appreciate the bulletin board material guys. As if the Cats needed it, but thanks. :o
This isn’t bulletin board material. This is someone thinking they’re funny at the expense of a player. A player that plays hard but limited minutes. And It’s not funny.
So, even for the Trimble folks don’t give any more oxygen to this please.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

JustAnObserver wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:21 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:18 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:36 am If Weber is still hurt I actually think Western is a slight favorite here. They need him especially on the defensive end.

Both squads fully healthy I like Trimble in a close one..... but they haven't looked too good in their first 2 games against teams that Western is clearly better then. Howie has his work cut out for him.
Brokeboy 2323 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:58 am Western is going to state led by Sean Kerns
We appreciate the bulletin board material guys. As if the Cats needed it, but thanks. :o
This isn’t bulletin board material. This is someone thinking they’re funny at the expense of a player. A player that plays hard but limited minutes. And It’s not funny.
So, even for the Trimble folks don’t give any more oxygen to this please.
Probably a Trimble person trying to get their players pumped up.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Ellifritz
Waterboy

Post by Ellifritz »

I've been trying to work the Trimble boys into my schedule for some mental time because I think that could have helped them stay focused. Hopefully I can get them in before the regional games. I could help them in their tournament run.

Getting players, coaches and teams mentally prepared to perform at the highest levels. Go Bobcats!
Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

Gray Cat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:19 am
AnkleBraces wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:17 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:46 am I'll try to tune in to this one, as a neutral fan. Not sure who i'd predict to win. I think Western will try to press and turn the game into a track meet. When I saw Western before, they play sloppy at times. They can't have runs of empty possessions, if they get the turnovers, they need to score. Trimble will be physical. Western did try to draw some charges in the game I saw, so depending on how that goes, could be a difference maker. Should be a good game.
10 turnovers a game. 35% from 3. 70% from the line.

Carter has drawn 20 charges at center.

Western averages 9.5 free throws attempted against them which I find impressive since they press nearly the entire game.

20+ ppg winning margin. 8th in D4 in the state
38 ppg allowed. 8th in D4 in the state.

Trimble and Western strength of schedule is almost identical according to Martin RPI.
That center would be well advised to not try to draw a charge against our Bigs. Alls that will get him is foul trouble and a sore back from hitting the floor. Meanwhile our Bigs will be scoring and getting getting plenty of and-ones. If that's their strategy this game won't be close.
Usually, you land on your back when taking a charge. Are you insinuating they won't call charges on your bigs? I can promise you, they won't be intimidated.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Seeing Trimble play their last two games, taking care of the ball is very concerning to me. Haven’t seen Western play, so I don’t have the right to make a prediction. All I know is that this far into the tournament, it’s hard to win when you lose in the turnover category. Hoping the cats worked on breaking out of the press and constant pressure, because if the Indians watched any film, that’s what the Cats got coming. Good luck Cats!

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Seofanatic wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:58 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:19 am
AnkleBraces wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:17 pm

10 turnovers a game. 35% from 3. 70% from the line.

Carter has drawn 20 charges at center.

Western averages 9.5 free throws attempted against them which I find impressive since they press nearly the entire game.

20+ ppg winning margin. 8th in D4 in the state
38 ppg allowed. 8th in D4 in the state.

Trimble and Western strength of schedule is almost identical according to Martin RPI.
That center would be well advised to not try to draw a charge against our Bigs. Alls that will get him is foul trouble and a sore back from hitting the floor. Meanwhile our Bigs will be scoring and getting getting plenty of and-ones. If that's their strategy this game won't be close.
Usually, you land on your back when taking a charge. Are you insinuating they won't call charges on your bigs? I can promise you, they won't be intimidated.
Nah, I think he was referencing one of his previous post about how Howie teaches the kids to either avoid delivering the charge and get fouled, or just take the blocked shot instead of getting hit with an offensive foul.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

If anyone has played a sport, especially in high school, realizes bulletin board material is great for a pep rally only. After the first few minutes athletes couldn't care less what was said prior to tipoff or kick-off. Bulletin board material is fantasy.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

FIDO wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:56 am If anyone has played a sport, especially in high school, realizes bulletin board material is great for a pep rally only. After the first few minutes athletes couldn't care less what was said prior to tipoff or kick-off. Bulletin board material is fantasy.
Thats' funny right there. But if you really feel that way and want recent proof that you are wrong just look back at how Ghost's comments on here motivated the Trimble Lady Cats to put a whipping on his Jeeps after losing to them earlier in the season. So yea bulletin board material does help teams be motivated and to prove the doubters wrong. But you go ahead and keep thinking that it doesn't. Meanwhile we'll keep using it. :mrgreen:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FIDO wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:56 am If anyone has played a sport, especially in high school, realizes bulletin board material is great for a pep rally only. After the first few minutes athletes couldn't care less what was said prior to tipoff or kick-off. Bulletin board material is fantasy.
Depending on the coach….that’s false

Return to “Boys Basketball”