SVC 2020/2021 🏀🏀🏀

se-alum
All Conference

Re: SVC 2020/2021 🏀🏀🏀

Post by se-alum »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:59 am Yikes, that probably shouldn’t be touched.

It is what it is, maybe if we played at a faster pace the stats would show up more, but it wins games, which is the ultimate goal at the end of the day.
Exactly! Lets also not discard the fact that player awards can do more harm to a program than good. Not that they always do, but it definitely happens!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

nodumpinpike wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:24 am How about we be thankful for where the athletes were voted and even mentioned instead of being butt hurt over every single thing that doesn't go our way. Have your kids to maybe more work in during the off season. I for one never thought we would get in 20 games this year. Very thankful for that.
But we did get the games in. Nobody is saying they aren’t thankful. I for one am thrilled with where my kid is on the list. But it is about the bias and contradictions for me personally. Every Piketon poster on seops would be on here belly aching some too if the roles were reversed.

And if you’re a coach and can’t win more than a couple league games in this league you shouldn’t even be allowed at those meetings.
Last edited by mlittle on Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:38 am No one let anything, the 8 league coaches voted on the top 15 players in the league. There is no set criteria for how a coach votes. Wins versus losses, standings in the league, head to head matchups, injuries, covid and quarantine (new to the game), behavior and character on and off the court, these are all issues, as well as some that I am forgetting that influence how a coach might vote for a player for all league. When you take human opinions into the equation, your going to have biases showing. No one that I know of on this board, was in that meeting, so we can speculate for a long time about why!

Football gives each team according to how they fall in the standings a set amount of picks for all league, then the coaches vote for the 20 different players of the year category. By having sooooo many choices for POY's at different positions, it keeps the complaining down, but IMO, waters down the prestige of the awards! Again, Just My Opinion!

BTW, there aren't 20 football choices, just emphasized for a point!
Your first point is valid. There is no criteria. I think the media should pick the all league teams and you’d take care of some or most of the biases.

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Maybe coach Miller just fought harder for his kids. Wonder if anyone took minutes of the meeting to see just how much each coach talked about their player.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

HamPorter wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:55 am
se-alum wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:51 am
mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:28 am

2 seasons in a row we’ve had less all league picks than teams that finished below us in the standings. It’s almost impossible to win POY or COY without winning the league so if so much emphasis is put in winning how are teams that finish below us getting more all league picks. We’ve went 25-3 in the league the last 2 seasons and have had the same amt of all league players or less than teams who’ve barely been .500. If this is really the case and those teams have that much more talent and we’ve put up that kind of record then there is a CLEAR gap in coaching between Hoops and the rest of the league. Or Little is a lot better than he’s getting credit for, or both
Sometimes bad teams have a couple really good players, and good teams have a lot of avg. to good players, which makes them a better team, but not necessarily full of all-league players. I do think Branson would've gotten on 3rd team, possibly 2nd had he played more at the beginning of the year. Also, I think Galloway not getting on one of the 3 teams isn't really related to his play. I also believe coaches aren't going to give Unioto players the benefit of the doubt.
Ah, yes. The ol’ let’s teach a freshman to not play the game with emotions by not voting him above a player that he wouldn’t play for 7 of the 8 teams in the league. I’ve seen it a million times and it’s always a good way to show that player that he needs to not play with emotion.

Or maybe it’s because that player marched in the BLM protests in Chillicothe. That could be something not related to his play.
There isn’t a coach in this league who wouldn’t take Galloway or Branson over some of their own players who were actually voted above them. Actually as I read that back to myself it sounds silly because there probably are coaches dumb enough in this league that would do that.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

nodumpinpike wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:29 pm Maybe coach Miller just fought harder for his kids. Wonder if anyone took minutes of the meeting to see just how much each coach talked about their player.
Nodump I’m not sure bud I’ve never been in one of those meetings but I don’t think that’s how it works. But maybe it is I really don’t know. But I’ve seen how some of these coaches prepare for actual games and there is no way they could possibly be able to vote with any intelligence about other teams players when they can’t even figure out their own. The problem with these conversations is the players on the list are kids. They did nothing wrong and should never feel like they shouldn’t be there. Who was picked is who was picked. I’m only bringing conversation to the contradictions of how the players are picked.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

nodumpinpike wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:29 pm Maybe coach Miller just fought harder for his kids. Wonder if anyone took minutes of the meeting to see just how much each coach talked about their player.
Lol. I’ve been in these meetings. What the coach says matters very very little compared to what the other coaches wanted to happen prior to even going to the meeting. Half of the coaches only see these players 2 times . Paint Valley must’ve had some season. 4 or 5 players making all league mention? That’s craziness but whatever. The 3rd best player on 3-18 team makes all league mention?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ed Ott wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:38 pm
Lol. I’ve been in these meetings. What the coach says matters very very little compared to what the other coaches wanted to happen prior to even going to the meeting. Half of the coaches only see these players 2 times . Paint Valley must’ve had some season. 4 or 5 players making all league mention? That’s craziness but whatever. The 3rd best player on 3-18 team makes all league mention?
Winning games is only important for COY and POY obvi

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Looking at the standings a little closer the bottom 4 teams combined to win a total of 13 league games and still placed 5 players in the top 15 of all conference so I get some of the last few post for sure. Not saying those kids are not deserving at all either. Maybe the coaches are just trying to spread the love. Its my understanding that each team does get 2 automatic Honorable Mention selection. Only got to see a couple games live so its hard me to say much but Galloway sure was impressive when I saw him!

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Anyone remember who was all league 10 years ago?

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Evan Legg
Dylan Gregg
Brick Davis
Michael brown
Logan markko

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

nodumpinpike wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:09 pm Evan Legg
Dylan Gregg
Brick Davis
Michael brown
Logan markko
😂

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Dylan Gregg
Brick Davis
Michael brown
Logan markko
Let me rephrase
Anyone remember or care without looking it up on svc sports zone?

😂😂😂

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

I tried to do it quick so it looked like I was just that smart
🤓

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

hbk1999 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:59 pm Anyone remember who was all league 10 years ago?
Where's the clapping hands emoji?

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

Dylan Gregg
Brick Davis
Michael brown
Logan markko
Those were some goooooood players. League was tough back then. I mean, it still is now, but definitely more even it felt like.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Not that it really matters but Zt is playing Westfall @ home Thursday for the battle of 4th place lol. Was told either team wanted to play but the league voted otherwise. I do know Zt hasn’t even practiced as most kids started spring sports this week. Should be a barn burner of a game 😂 🤷🏻‍♂️.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Svcguru wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:09 pm Not that it really matters but Zt is playing Westfall @ home Thursday for the battle of 4th place lol. Was told either team wanted to play but the league voted otherwise. I do know Zt hasn’t even practiced as most kids started spring sports this week. Should be a barn burner of a game 😂 🤷🏻‍♂️.
My last career game was a full week after both teams had been eliminated and we didn’t practice for it. But, we had to play it because it was going to decide a position in the final standings...it was awful. I imagine that one will be similar. Hope for an injury free game.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Zane Trace 60
Westfall 56

Final

ZT 9-12
WF 7-16

Return to “Boys Basketball”