Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #10

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #10

Post by 93Bulldog »

Since I lobbied for Warren at 1, I think Maddox needs to give me free access to that EB game Saturday! Lol

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:51 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:45 pm Is Hillsboro not 14-2?
They beat Western Briwn 53-50 to move to 14-2
He has them at 14-1

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

smurray, they are 14-2 ... it's 14-2 on my big board too - I fumbled away one of their L's from the Big Board to typing it onto this weeks rankings ... I corrected it - thank you ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

smurray wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:55 pm
They beat Western Brown 53-50 to move to 14-2
He has them at 14-1
... IF you could see the pfloyd "war" room doing the rankings every Saturday late night and early Sunday morning you would be patting me on the back and asking " How does he keep track of all of this STUFF?" ... my hoops study is so full of game wrap-ups, napkin stat sheets, the first 9+ weeks of game results and past ranking sheets - it amazes ME that anything gets from Point A to Point B ... and then there's I92 who does EVERYTHING from his freaking PHONE !!! ... I'm just old school trying to get by in a young man's information overload world ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Marietta 83
Federal Hocking 70 a final

... a game that had both teams taking a total of 45 threes ... Marietta going 12/18 in the first 2 quarters led by Tyler Kytta's 8 treys in the first 2 periods jumping all over Fed Hock 27-16 after one and 52 to 34 at intermission ... shooting the 3 ball is a funny thing - USUALLY when a team is red hot at the beginning of the game they cool off by the 2nd half - the opposition adjusts defensively and when they do it forces the hot shooting team to actually "play the game" ... happened in this one - 52 in a half for MHS BUT Fed Hock had put up 34 - a great first half number ... FHHS held Marietta to 8 second half fgs only one 3 ball found the bottom of the net for the Tigers - it was really "a game" in the final 2 quarters - I thought the Lancers with only 9 players in uniform on varsity were going to pull it out getting all the way back to just 7 points down at 6:50 in the 4th 59-66 ... Fed Hock had outscored MHS 21-14 in the 3rd led by Hunter Smiths 11 pts (26 for the game)/ 2 triples from Nathaniel Massie 6 pts in the qtr (14 for the game)/ 4 from Elijah Lucas (17 for the game) ... the final quarter the Tigers were put on the line for 14 FTs making 11 to go with 4 at the rim pts from Tony Munos (22 pts for the game) ... 9 pts from Elijah Lucas in the final period was not enough as Hunter Smith was sat down on the bench most of the qtr with 4 fouls (0 points in the 4th) ... Tigers hung on to pick up the W - Marietta 83 Federal Hocking 70 a final

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Federal Hocking

Scoring ... Hunter Smith 26, Elijah Lucas 17, Nathanial Massie 14, Tyler Rogers 6, Wes Carpenter 5, Tarig Cottrill 2
3 Pointers ... 8/22 ... Hunter Smith 4, Nathanial Massie 3, Wes Carpenter 1
FTs ... 12/19
TOs ... 13
PnP ... 17 fgs / 34 points in the paint
PnT ... 6 fgs/ 12 points in transition
Pbck ... 3 fgs/ 6 points on putback buckets

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Marietta

Scoring ... Tyler Kytta 34, Tony Munos 22, AJ Graham 13, Mark Duckworth 6, Zach Bartlett 4, Adam Coil 4
3 Pointers ... 13/23 ... (12/18 in the first half) Tyler Kytta 9, Tony Munos 2, AJ Graham 2
FTs ... 16/21
TOs ... 21
PnP ... 13 fgs/ 26 points in the paint
PnT ... 4 fgs/ 8 points in transition
Pbck ... 1 fg/ 2 points on putback buckets

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Great win last night for Warren against a VERY physical New Philly team. Having almost a week off before seeing them again and then turning around for a top 5 matchup against a very good EB team Saturday night at the Coliseum is not going to be easy (here's to hoping the free livestreams continue lol).

Go Blue
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Pfloyd, great job as always. Sometimes I wonder if we even realize how much time and effort that you put in doing this. I do know that you love doing it.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:00 pm Pfloyd, great job as always. Sometimes I wonder if we even realize how much time and effort that you put in doing this. I do know that you love doing it.
... thanks VetteMan ... it gets me through the winters ... I'm watching the Portsmouth vs Portsmouth West game right now LOL ... haven't heard trojandave yet LOL

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:03 pm

He has them at 14-1
... IF you could see the pfloyd "war" room doing the rankings every Saturday late night and early Sunday morning you would be patting me on the back and asking " How does he keep track of all of this STUFF?" ... my hoops study is so full of game wrap-ups, napkin stat sheets, the first 9+ weeks of game results and past ranking sheets - it amazes ME that anything gets from Point A to Point B ... and then there's I92 who does EVERYTHING from his freaking PHONE !!! ... I'm just old school trying to get by in a young man's information overload world ...
I can’t imagine!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:03 pm

He has them at 14-1
Lol...you have all the records making life tougher but much appreciated and when you inevitably mess up a record or two the other 11 people on this site should help you get it corrected...like I did with Fairfield, in doing so learned more about Fairfield myself. You watch way more games, keep stats to many of them. I just place them 1-71 with a good deal of knowledge of their game outcomes. I still mess up and 12 seconds after I post one of those Athens bullies corrects me.

I appreciate when those who rarely post make an appearance and fill us in more in depth on their team....ex Treyman3 with Sheridan. I’ve been trying to get borodad from Hillsboro to open up more on here. Those guys really help out if we are open to listen 😁

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I want folks to have their own opinions of the teams they see, their own teams that they support as they are the ones who are in-the-know as to why a team has lost a game they shouldn't have or why that same team has gotten better ... agreeing to disagree is what brings out the information we are ALL looking for ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... by the numbers ...

Unioto 42
Adena 48 a final

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Unioto

Scoring ... Desean Branson 11, Isaac Little 9, Carson Debord 9, Gunnar Greenwalt 5, Cameron Debord 4, Tayvion Galloway 4
3 Pointers ... 2/8 ... Carmeron Debord 1, Gunnar Greenwalt 1
FTs ... 10/16
TOs ... 15
PnP ... 12 fgs/ 24 points in the paint
PnT ... 3 fgs/ 6 points in transition
Pbck ... 0

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Adena

Scoring ... Preston Sykes 17, Logan Bennett 13, Jarrett Garrison 11, Dilon McDonald 7
3 Pointers ... 1/7 ... Dilon McDonald 1
FTs ..... 7/14
TOs .... 12
PnP ... 19fgs/ 38 points in the paint
PnT ... 2 fgs/ 4 points in transition
Pbck ... 3 fgs/ 6 points on putback buckets

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

While I enjoy the rankings, I actually use these threads as a way of tracking records more than anything else.

Like, I check where us and the rest of the SVC are once. After that, I might check the thread 4-5 more times to find a record.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:39 pm While I enjoy the rankings, I actually use these threads as a way of tracking records more than anything else.

Like, I check where us and the rest of the SVC are once. After that, I might check the thread 4-5 more times to find a record.
... probably what MOST people do - check the records ... soooooo if I just put up the records for the 71 teams in the SE district - THAT would satisfy MOST posters ... sure would make it easier ... may need to do that in the future - mattash had the running records last year - should let him do that and be done ... maybe just put up the records each week, and put in the weekly results for each team and not worry about ranking anyone ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:55 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:39 pm While I enjoy the rankings, I actually use these threads as a way of tracking records more than anything else.

... probably what MOST people do - check the records ... soooooo if I just put up the records for the 71 teams in the SE district - THAT would satisfy MOST posters ... sure would make it easier ... may need to do that in the future - mattash had the running records last year - should let him do that and be done ... maybe just put up the records each week, and put in the weekly results for each team and not worry about ranking anyone ...
Yeah don’t do that lol, I’d be much more involved if not for the whole coaching thing. Hopefully we can build the amount of posters who come to this site to get it back to where it was a few years back.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... is there a window as to WHEN seedings by individual coaches can be sent in? or are the seedings done online, during a virtual meeting of all of the D4 coaches, then all of the D3's, then all of the D2's ??? I liked the seeding meetings that were done in person in Jackson year in year out ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd Factoid : 3 teams have not lost to a team from the Southeast District in the 2020-21 season #1 Warren at 12-1 (losing to ECOL leading Dover) ... #3 Fairland (losing to Buckeye Valley/Olentangy Berlin/ Fort Frye) ... #5 Wheelersburg (undefeated) ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:52 pm Since I lobbied for Warren at 1, I think Maddox needs to give me free access to that EB game Saturday! Lol
... Athens radio coverage of a non-TVC game ??? - you're seeing the light ! :lol:

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

IMO, St Joe should be ranked ahead of South Webster since they beat them 59-40 at SW.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:14 pm ... is there a window as to WHEN seedings by individual coaches can be sent in? or are the seedings done online, during a virtual meeting of all of the D4 coaches, then all of the D3's, then all of the D2's ??? I liked the seeding meetings that were done in person in Jackson year in year out ...
Between Thursday (at 12:00 am) and Friday (at 11:59pm) is when coaches can vote.

Still the other way this year. Maybe that will change in the future, but not for this year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”