Waterboy

Re: Week 12: WOOD BURG

Post by ohioriverfisher »

Good job wood! Very good team

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Great job wood. Really good football team.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Great game great game from the Wood good season for Wheelersburg. BUTTTTTTTT THE WOOD IS THE WORD!!!!!!!! Bring on the Tigers.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Wheelersburg needs to schedule up

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:02 pm Wheelersburg needs to schedule up.
dawg they played Hartley and Ironton. The only thing they need to schedule up on are the tackling drills

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:59 pm
The Nature Boy wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:31 pm Maybe Logan
Put it back here at Lancaster so we can hear people belly-ache about back-to-back appearances at the same neutral site, and how it would “be an advantage for Ridgewood.”
Why would you care? You won't have to be there. Tiger fans are happy to still be in and will show up wherever they decide to play it.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Man it was cold up there, we stopped at five guys in Chillicothe on the way home and it felt 10 degrees warmer.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

frankie wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:20 pm
The Nature Boy wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:31 pm Maybe Logan
Put it back here at Lancaster so we can hear people belly-ache about back-to-back appearances at the same neutral site, and how it would “be an advantage for Ridgewood.”
Why would you care? You won't have to be there. Tiger fans are happy to still be in and will show up wherever they decide to play it.
And yet some posters, usually ones that have nothing to add to the discussion, will make a deal of it. Lighten up. Not everything that’s a playful comment is an attack toward an individual poster, or a fanbase. There’s comedy to be had when people get overly sensitive and outrageous over nothing-burgers.
Last edited by formerfcfan on Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:15 pm dawg they played Hartley and Ironton. The only thing they need to schedule up on are the tackling drills
I’m being sarcastic. This is the time of the year where everyone says teams just need to schedule better and throw the ball better.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

As an IronTon Graduate of 1982, I think the Burg had a great year and way over achieved based on the start of the season and the adjustments they made to win their conference and make the final 16.

They played one of the toughest division 5 schedules and finished 8-4.

They need not schedule up.

Continue doing as is & the Burg is always a threat!

Congrats on a good season!

Heads up!
March on!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:39 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:15 pm dawg they played Hartley and Ironton. The only thing they need to schedule up on are the tackling drills
I’m being sarcastic. This is the time of the year where everyone says teams just need to schedule better and throw the ball better.
You’re a turd most times but you’re spot on with this post.

vladimir
S

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:34 am
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:04 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Drew Pasteur had them as a playoff quirk as a team that could possibly making it in at 4-6. I find it amusing that Minford fans will post about how burg isn’t that good instead of posting how good Minford actually is, which is what I believe
Not from me, I never said how good one is or how bad the other is. I just think they're very similar and one isn't head and shoulders better than the other. If I'm dead honest, both Burg and Minford are mediocre DV playoff teams at best, and both are not anywhere near the caliber of R-wood or Ironton.

Now that the season is over, I'd say Minford is lucky they're not facing this team b/c I know R-wood is 3 or 4 more scores better. Same with Ironton, they would beat Minford by the same or more as the did the burg in week 1. If by some miracle Ironton plays burg again, it's going to be the same result just only in Week 13. However, no way that happens, I'm sticking with my prediction of Ridgewood +24.5 over the burg.
Based on what? Your feelings?
Burg beat Ashland. The team that beat ironton. I’ll take your +24.5 bet.
With a 42-17 score that's 25-points, so I was spot on with my Ridgewoood by 24.5 prediction. I take my coffee black sir.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ridgewood just a buzzsaw right now.congrats to the burg senior class you accomplished a ton over the course of your football career.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Good luck to Ridgewood next week. Great season for the Burg just wasn't in the cards to advance ran into a very good Ridgewood team. Just one of those games but oh Well Burg will be back as always year in and year out

Burg grad 85
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:37 pm
frankie wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:20 pm
And yet some posters, usually ones that have nothing to add to the discussion, will make a deal of it. Lighten up. Not everything that’s a playful comment is an attack toward an individual poster, or a fanbase. There’s comedy to be had when people get overly sensitive and outrageous over nothing-burgers.
I didn't make a deal out of it, just ask why you would care where it's played. I didn't get any sarcasm or humor from your post and I am definitely not overly sensitive or outrageous. Done with it. :roll:

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Congrats to the burg on a great season. A week 12 exit on a “down year” is nothing to hang your head about. This wood team is something special. Looking forward to our meeting with the tigers with the regional championship on the line. As always. GO WOOD!

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I don’t care where it’s played.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Amicis_Addict wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:31 pm Congrats to the burg on a great season. A week 12 exit on a “down year” is nothing to hang your head about. This wood team is something special. Looking forward to our meeting with the tigers with the regional championship on the line. As always. GO WOOD!
Yeah, what may be considered to be a “down year” for the Burg would be something many programs wish they could experience. Burg had tremendous fan support from beginning to end, as to be expected from a proud community. So did Ridgewood. The game was all-but-decided way earlier than expected, but as a neutral observer this was the sort of atmosphere on both sides that epitomizes the values and standards we hold dear to ourselves in high school sports. Both teams will be back, as they’ve been here to stay for quite some times as two of the best small school programs in their respective parts.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Ridgewood is a good football team!!! They mixed it up on offense until they saw something and that’s burgs Dbacks and burnt them all night. Ridgewood defense is discipline and good. Finals is going to be a good one. Can’t wait to see where it’s at.

Return to “Football”