WK12: Ironton v. Amanda-Clearcreek

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Re: WK12: Ironton v. Amanda-Clearcreek

Post by CantonOrBust »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:45 pm Last time these 2 teams met was 2011 in 1st round playoffs. 8-2 Amanda was 3 seed and 6-4 ironton was 6 seed. Ironton won 12-9 at Amanda. I think this will be another close game.
I’m pretty sure they’ve played in the regular season since then. But what do I know?

2019 - WE restored the ROAR!
Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Wellston007 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 am
CantonOrBust wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am CC fell to Waverly by 35.
The Burg beat Waverly by 14.
Ironton beat The Burg by 24.

This means Ironton is 73 points better than AC, hopefully Pendleton doesn’t embarrass our guests too bad.
Dang, son. You got a mess going on inside that head of yours.

FYI: game is at a neutral site, so AC will definitely not be your guests. Crying or not.

I know, i know, you are obviously a know-nothing homer, so I'm not really concerned what your opinion is, but for those people out there reading that do actually understand that Saturday will be a match up of two great football teams, football is a game of match-ups. Amanda did not match up well against Waverly and might have made a mistake of thinking Shanks wouldn't play due to injury and possibly overlooked how good Waverly actually was due to their loss to Unioto. AC has since then revamped their secondary and shut down two very high-powered throwing teams. Bloom Carroll and Academy. Which is really neither here nor there because, on tape (against good competition), Ironton does not throw the ball all that well. They are a power football team. Which is exactly what Amanda is and which is exactly the sort of team they thrive against. (And they actually just went up against a bigger, stronger team a couple weeks ago in Teays Valley. They lost but kept it very close.)

From a player perspective, Ironton might have more flashy prospects, but this is a great match-up for AC. Ironton fans hoping for or counting on a blow-out should pump their brakes a little. This should be a really good clash of two very sold all-around football teams.
I hope AC thinks Ironton won’t and can’t throw because they will find out differently from the jump and find themselves in a hole they can’t get out of , the offense has taken a big turn since the Ashland game its more balanced so please load the box

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that definitely brings a new level to a team, when the turn into a team that is not one dimensional. it changes things. the key to passing effectively is doing it on unexpected occasions as well. instead of an obvious passing down. then you hit them with draw plays and qb rpo's as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Last times these played was a home and home series in 2013-2014 Ironton won both matchups 2013 14-7 2014 34-23

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton is probably a couple of scores better, so as long as they take care of ball and have a clean game, they should win. Amanda Clearcreek is a perennial playoff team that has two state championships and 3 runner up trophies in their cases. These guys expect, and play, to win. They won't be intimidated or just glad to be in this contest.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yeah we have played them a few times the past 8-10 years

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

There always physical and well coached

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Tripaces wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:58 am
CantonOrBust wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am CC fell to Waverly by 35.
The Burg beat Waverly by 14.
Ironton beat The Burg by 24.

This means Ironton is 73 points better than AC, hopefully Pendleton doesn’t embarrass our guests too bad.

FYI: game is at a neutral site, so AC will definitely not be your guests. Crying or not.

I know, i know, you are obviously a know-nothing homer, so I'm not really concerned what your opinion is, but for those people out there reading that do actually understand that Saturday will be a match up of two great football teams, football is a game of match-ups. Amanda did not match up well against Waverly and might have made a mistake of thinking Shanks wouldn't play due to injury and possibly overlooked how good Waverly actually was due to their loss to Unioto. AC has since then revamped their secondary and shut down two very high-powered throwing teams. Bloom Carroll and Academy. Which is really neither here nor there because, on tape (against good competition), Ironton does not throw the ball all that well. They are a power football team. Which is exactly what Amanda is and which is exactly the sort of team they thrive against. (And they actually just went up against a bigger, stronger team a couple weeks ago in Teays Valley. They lost but kept it very close.)

From a player perspective, Ironton might have more flashy prospects, but this is a great match-up for AC. Ironton fans hoping for or counting on a blow-out should pump their brakes a little. This should be a really good clash of two very sold all-around football teams.
I hope AC thinks Ironton won’t and can’t throw because they will find out differently from the jump and find themselves in a hole they can’t get out of , the offense has taken a big turn since the Ashland game its more balanced so please load the box

OR....
GO ahead & Spread the field.... :)——-PLEASE DO!
There’s some fellaz waiting to BRUTE it up, Brute it up, Brute it up, Brute it up, Brute it up.
Did I miss any Brute’s?

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:58 am
Tripaces wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:58 am

OR....
GO ahead & Spread the field.... :)——-PLEASE DO!
There’s some fellaz waiting to BRUTE it up, Brute it up, Brute it up, Brute it up, Brute it up.
Did I miss any Brute’s?

Or
Damed if you do or damed If you don’t , ironton is on a different level, playing lights out this team is different

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

341A92BD-4927-46A0-8E4B-305518712A76.gif
341A92BD-4927-46A0-8E4B-305518712A76.gif (821.74 KiB) Viewed 2133 times

Get Ready Tiger Fans!! About 82 hours!!!

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

CantonOrBust wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:46 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:45 pm Last time these 2 teams met was 2011 in 1st round playoffs. 8-2 Amanda was 3 seed and 6-4 ironton was 6 seed. Ironton won 12-9 at Amanda. I think this will be another close game.
I’m pretty sure they’ve played in the regular season since then. But what do I know?

I meant to say last time they met in playoffs. My mistake, it has been corrected.
Last edited by Giorgio Tsoukalous on Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Since the brothers left AC the Aces went down bigtime in playoffs appearances but they’re back with a good team. The Aces were the Winningest team in the 90’s. I see their schedule was a tough one and are on a tear! This is going to be a tight one with great defenses and it will come down to special teams and turnovers. Good Luck Ironton!!

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Weather will be a factor as area teams don't usually play in this cold. They need to stay loose and as warm as they can be. Easy to get injured when you tighten up in the cold.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

I hope we pack the stands. These boys deserve the support! Go Tigers!!

Tigerball19
Waterboy

Post by Tigerball19 »

14U wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:26 pm Since the brothers left AC the Aces went down bigtime in playoffs appearances but they’re back with a good team. The Aces were the Winningest team in the 90’s. I see their schedule was a tough one and are on a tear! This is going to be a tight one with great defenses and it will come down to special teams and turnovers. Good Luck Ironton!!
Brothers????

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:39 am Ironton is probably a couple of scores better, so as long as they take care of ball and have a clean game, they should win. Amanda Clearcreek is a perennial playoff team that has two state championships and 3 runner up trophies in their cases. These guys expect, and play, to win. They won't be intimidated or just glad to be in this contest.
exactly woby, ron hinton or not.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 12 - Ironton vs Amanda CC

Post by biggdowgg »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:08 pm Welcome to both communities!

Rowdy’s
Stockroom 601
Arch & Eddies
Cardos Pizza Buffet
LaRosa’s
Dakota’s

My recommendations for eating

Never go to Jackson without going to either Rowdys ,or Arch and Eddie's, but Arch And Eddie's has changed there Pork chop recipe ,so Rowdys it is...lol, great guy

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Tigerball19 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:26 pm
14U wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:26 pm Since the brothers left AC the Aces went down bigtime in playoffs appearances but they’re back with a good team. The Aces were the Winningest team in the 90’s. I see their schedule was a tough one and are on a tear! This is going to be a tight one with great defenses and it will come down to special teams and turnovers. Good Luck Ironton!!
Brothers????
Hintons

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Can it be Saturday already sheesh..

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »