WK 11: Wellston (7-3) @ Ironton (9-1)

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Re: WK 11: Wellston (7-3) @ Ironton (9-1)

Post by Flyers58 »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:38 pm I know it's a home game for Ironton but they don't get to hire the officials do they? If not Wellston at least has a very slim chance in this one. Will Ironton charge for parking? Asking for a friend. :D

Ohio University charges to park on their lot and the church across from the field charges 2.00 and it is worth it......tons of free on street parking is available......

BigChuck
JV Team

Re: WK 11 Wellston (7-3) @ Ironton (9-1)

Post by BigChuck »

kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:48 am
portsmouth_98 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:14 am That D is crazy, we were averaging over 35 a game going into that contest. The Fossom kid I didn't hear mentioned much all week but he was very impressive last night.
Fossom's done some great things in his career at ironton. Hes a load coming at you. Carrico gets so much attention (and it is well deserved) but I tell you, it is really a team effort. I thought last night, I hate to single anybody out because so many of the other kids are stepping up and doing fantastic things. Take Kyle Hankins, he's been unbelievable but there I go again, mentioning particular kids. They're just becoming something very special. They've worked so hard at it.
Come on man...You goofy Ironton "fans" can't even get your player's names correct!! It's FOSSON with an "N" not FOSSOM....

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I park at central Christian church. 2.00 and the lot is monitored during the game. the money goes to the church. literally right across the street from the stadium. and the ohio university charges 2.00 as well. get there very early if you want a seat or a free parking space.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and that way when you come in you see tiger alley and all the history on the stadium, wayyyyyyyyy worth it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I was very impressed with ironton defense. If they continue to play like that Wellston doesn’t have a shot. I’m picking ironton by 28 or more.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I feel like if wellston couldn’t score against Vinton county it’s going to be tough scoring against ironton I’ve seen a lot of 3 and outs from ironton opponents the last few weeks

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congrats to wellston on a fine season.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I feel like Ironton just has too many weapons... I feel like the Tigers will win by at least 3 Scores.

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Who's ready to get down at the Tank?

Carrico, Gage and the Tigers running clock
tenor.gif
tenor.gif (1.76 MiB) Viewed 1186 times
Welcome to the Tank Wellson

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Rockets about to be hunted
90e1b3d34cf98dda24d4c36072493837.jpg
90e1b3d34cf98dda24d4c36072493837.jpg (19.29 KiB) Viewed 1181 times

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Yes, the odds are certainly stacked against you, having to play one of the best teams in SEO. You should be proud that you made the Playoffs, and I'm sure that the Rockets Fans and the whole community are as well.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I-TownFanatic wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:20 pm Who's ready to get down at the Tank?

Carrico, Gage and the Tigers running clock

tenor.gif

Welcome to the Tank Wellson
that's 20 seconds i'll never get back. still don't know what sex that is. I'm gonna go wash my eyes out now with sea salt. i'll be back shortly.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

he hasn't called me yet today and asked my opinion, lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

no disrespect to wellston , they have had a fine year. I have friends there. and nothing but respect for them.and I'm an ole seoal guy myself. but the opposition that wellston has played is not as strenuous as ironton's. with playing the like's of Ashland, burg, Russell, Portsmouth and gahs. I know Ashland beat ironton, but hard to win a game with 5 turnovers against a perennial powerhouse team like Ashland that has a locker room full of state titles. I just think the golden rockets are catching a team that has peaked and the right time. and basically they are destroying teams right now. I just feel ironton has the right mix and is too powerful and overwhelming right now for wellston.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but anything can happen. that's why we love sports so much.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Im just ready for gameday :!:

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Does anyone know what wellston brings to the game? I know what ironton has. What kind of offense and defense do they run? Who’s their top players?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:17 pm Does anyone know what wellston brings to the game? I know what ironton has. What kind of offense and defense do they run? Who’s their top players?

Cat...….the golden rockets will be coming down 93 S with a few weapons that could cause the fighting tigers some minimal issues....however em fighting tigers allow the golden rockets to hang around and be in the game they could cause some issues that Ironton doesn't want to have deal with in week 1 of the post season...Wellston has a nice QB in RJ Kemp that can both run and throw the pigskin...…he has a nice tall athletic WR in Hunter Smith,,,,,,Hunters dad was quite the FB/LB for Wellston way back when...….....the dad sure was a mighty fine fine football player and the apple didn't fall far from the tree.........in the backfield they have a combo of a thunder/lighting type duo.....the Garvin kid who plays the thunder part and plays it quite well.....kid has good size decent speed and runs the ball with authority downhill.....Wellston has true playmaker in their stud athlete Ryan Molihan…..he is the son of former Wellston standout athlete Nathan Molihan…..give the younger of the two Molihans the ball and he is capable of making something huge out of nothing.....kids a helluva athlete...

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they've won some fine games county.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:01 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:17 pm Does anyone know what wellston brings to the game? I know what ironton has. What kind of offense and defense do they run? Who’s their top players?

Cat...….the golden rockets will be coming down 93 S with a few weapons that could cause the fighting tigers some minimal issues....however em fighting tigers allow the golden rockets to hang around and be in the game they could cause some issues that Ironton doesn't want to have deal with in week 1 of the post season...Wellston has a nice QB in RJ Kemp that can both run and throw the pigskin...…he has a nice tall athletic WR in Hunter Smith,,,,,,Hunters dad was quite the FB/LB for Wellston way back when...….....the dad sure was a mighty fine fine football player and the apple didn't fall far from the tree.........in the backfield they have a combo of a thunder/lighting type duo.....the Garvin kid who plays the thunder part and plays it quite well.....kid has good size decent speed and runs the ball with authority downhill.....Wellston has true playmaker in their stud athlete Ryan Molihan…..he is the son of former Wellston standout athlete Nathan Molihan…..give the younger of the two Molihans the ball and he is capable of making something huge out of nothing.....kids a helluva athlete...

T’Will be interesting to see how I-Town’s D preps for an Athletic, QB, Lanky WR, & a Beast Back.

I hope the kids have fun, learn, & prep for the next steps in their mid-Late teen lives.

DO-OVER of the teen years please! Lol!

Return to “Football”