Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson (2-0) vs Gallia Academy (2-0)

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:33 pm
BlueLion4Life wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:25 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:18 pm

I promise you he’s that fast....but a small freshman that isn’t focused truly on football I don’t believe.
Trust me he is that fast. He has already won a state championship in track and field at the middle school level. But as Ironman92 said, he's not as focused on football. He does play on Friday nights but it's usually in the second half.
Just a simple know his number and if he lines up out there....just be aware and give a step and he won’t be a factor. If gets a touch just take an extra safe angle to make sure. I doubt he gets a touch but I had to put his name out there.
I agree Ironman, I don't think he gets a touch!! but it's always worth noting.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:35 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:33 pm
BlueLion4Life wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:25 pm

Trust me he is that fast. He has already won a state championship in track and field at the middle school level. But as Ironman92 said, he's not as focused on football. He does play on Friday nights but it's usually in the second half.
Just a simple know his number and if he lines up out there....just be aware and give a step and he won’t be a factor. If gets a touch just take an extra safe angle to make sure. I doubt he gets a touch but I had to put his name out there.
I agree Ironman, I don't think he gets a touch!! but it's always worth noting.
Leave no stone unturned!

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:46 pm
BlueLion4Life wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:40 pm
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Whoa, who did gallia play? Meigs and river valley, really? Jackson would have spanked them worse than what they did to wellston. Probably at least put up 60+ against both of those Teams.
Jackson’s backs are slow? they aren’t slow at all, they are fast and will run right over you or around you. Two for example, spires and haller, they both will run right over you, through you and around you. They both run very hard and down hill. I watched some of the meigs and river valley game you all played, not too impressed. Gallia’s backs are slow. Jackson could be predictable but they aren’t, they have so many weapons they can get the ball too on each play with the likes of Evans, landrum, graham, spires, Yates, haller, and more. The d-line is gonna be too fast for the o-line of gallia. First home game for Jackson and I know the boys are pumped and ready for this one right now.
Jackson barely put up 30 points on a very weak Fairfield Union team. they punted 5 times. I saw the Wellston/Jackson game and I wasn't impressed with Jackson at that game. and the offensive stats weren't impressive at the Fairfield Union game either. If your backs are so fast and can run around anyone.....then why did Jackson punt 5 times against FU? in the past a Jackson team would have easily put up 400+ yards of offense on a team of FU's caliber. with that being said..... I realize GA has their fair share of issues. GA's defense as been wishy washy at points....but they do a GREAT job at stopping teams in the red-zone when and if they make it that far.
Barely as in 27 at halftime and then subbed out after the running clock started . Didn’t courthouse give up 42 to Blanchester ?
BTW, I'm a WCH grad!! but lived in Gallipolis for 10 years. now live in between Jackson and Chillicothe. My wife still teaches as GA. and to be completely honest, I root for WCH, GA and Jackson. unless WCH or GA is playing Jackson......Can't root for the Ironmen then. I will also add, Blanchester is notorious for being that sneaky team in the beginning of the season. also they have been .500 or better in the last few seasons. Blanchester is not a bad football team. nearly beat Clinton Massie in the 2016.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ok wow let’s start with Woodson. Woodson is back on every kickoff return deep with valentine. So you get to pick our poison on the return. In a flat foot race Woodson may be faster. Going up and down a football field valentine smokes him.

The blue devils are one of the few if not only football team in southern Ohio that when the kickoff goes out of bounds does not take ball at 35. They make the team rekick and so so far it has paid off for them all those returns took back way past 35.

He is sometimes back for punt returns and he is a gunner on the punt team. They work him with the 1’s a lot in practice we just haven’t seen it in a game much yet. Kid had 1800 yards in 8 jr high games last year kid will be ok.

34 points against meigs really deceiving. Meigs defense scored 1 TD and Gallia coverage teams had a horrible night. Meigs got the ball on Gallia side of 50 like 8 possessions. Blue devils had stupid penalties or blown coverages that set up meigs big plays. Meigs had 3 drivers in first quarter that started inside Gallia 20 scored zero points.

Gallia had less lapses week 2 but still not a complete game.

Gallia might not have best skill players in southeast Ohio. But I will say pullins, Woodson, Armstrong, call, Cox, mccellond, and I am forgetting some people would not be embarrassed by any group.

People in Jackson may not know who valentine is. But your coaching staff knows Him the kids know him and he is a game changer. These stats are approximate but he had 7 catches on season for about 220 yards and 2 he has 7 rushed for close to 100 yards and 2 td’s. 5 kick returns for well over 300 yards and 1 TD and 3 punt returns for close to 90 yards. And he really only played maybe 12 to 15 snaps on offense versus river valley. But about half the starters only played a couple of series before we started cycling in players.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

svac83 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:39 pm Ok wow let’s start with Woodson. Woodson is back on every kickoff return deep with valentine. So you get to pick our poison on the return. In a flat foot race Woodson may be faster. Going up and down a football field valentine smokes him.

The blue devils are one of the few if not only football team in southern Ohio that when the kickoff goes out of bounds does not take ball at 35. They make the team rekick and so so far it has paid off for them all those returns took back way past 35.

He is sometimes back for punt returns and he is a gunner on the punt team. They work him with the 1’s a lot in practice we just haven’t seen it in a game much yet. Kid had 1800 yards in 8 jr high games last year kid will be ok.

34 points against meigs really deceiving. Meigs defense scored 1 TD and Gallia coverage teams had a horrible night. Meigs got the ball on Gallia side of 50 like 8 possessions. Blue devils had stupid penalties or blown coverages that set up meigs big plays. Meigs had 3 drivers in first quarter that started inside Gallia 20 scored zero points.

Gallia had less lapses week 2 but still not a complete game.

Gallia might not have best skill players in southeast Ohio. But I will say pullins, Woodson, Armstrong, call, Cox, mccellond, and I am forgetting some people would not be embarrassed by any group.

People in Jackson may not know who valentine is. But your coaching staff knows Him the kids know him and he is a game changer. These stats are approximate but he had 7 catches on season for about 220 yards and 2 he has 7 rushed for close to 100 yards and 2 td’s. 5 kick returns for well over 300 yards and 1 TD and 3 punt returns for close to 90 yards. And he really only played maybe 12 to 15 snaps on offense versus river valley. But about half the starters only played a couple of series before we started cycling in players.
Yeah....everyone knows Valentine and will have big plans against him.

Can’t wait for Friday evening

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Taking GA in an upset. 22-15

Woodson makes his case for a starting role this week.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Since somebody on the GA/RV thread mentioned replacing McClelland at QB next year, how do y'all think a wildcat set would work for GA with Armstrong and Woodson both being lightning fast?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Woodson like valentine. Isn’t ready to start full time as a freshmen. Just like with valentine I think he will get regular time on defense before the offense. But I know they have offensive packages ready to go for him and he will get worked in.

As far as next year goes blue devils very happy with where the sophomore QB is at. They have several direct snap plays in current offense. They just haven’t had to work them in yet.

I don’t know when you will see it maybe this week. But valentine and Woodson split wide to one side. Call and either pullins or Cox to other. And Campbell in motion in backfield and you see this whole coaching staff get a huge smile and everyone perks up a little.

Once they get everyone healthy and can get the speed up with that group because they want to go fast out of that set. There arent that many defenses that have perspersonnell for that.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This is the hardest hitting Ironmen defense I can remember.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:27 pm Taking GA in an upset. 22-15

Woodson makes his case for a starting role this week.
He's gonna have to play quite a bit for that to happen! and I don't see that happening. he will play but not enough to show enough growth to be a starter.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Gallia fans don’t use the main drag entrance on Hurron Street, use the secret entrance off 139. Still cost you to park but you won’t wast $5 in gas and 30 minutes waiting to turn up to the hill.

Blue Devils may pull the upset here.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Dandy Don wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:31 pm Gallia fans don’t use the main drag entrance on Hurron Street, use the secret entrance off 139. Still cost you to park but you won’t wast $5 in gas and 30 minutes waiting to turn up to the hill.

I've been in that position before!! and I won't make that mistake again. ALWAYS USE THE 139 entrance

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Like to see GA win ! But Jackson is good ! Home field helps !

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I have no doubt that these kids are as fast as you say they are. But they are pretty young,and this is not Track & Field. I would think that the Jackson coaching staff when given time would already have a plan in place to contain this speed. The Parker kid from Portsmouth H.S. is probably one of the best and fastest kids around SEO.It seems as if the Portsmouth West coaches had a plan in place on how to contain him.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson doesn’t have any burners . But they do have many football players who will block tackle and hit. How good they will be is yet to be determined but they went to the Harding avenue school of hard knocks like many many players before them.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:51 pm I have no doubt that these kids are as fast as you say they are. But they are pretty young,and this is not Track & Field. I would think that the Jackson coaching staff when given time would already have a plan in place to contain this speed. The Parker kid from Portsmouth H.S. is probably one of the best and fastest kids around SEO.It seems as if the Portsmouth West coaches had a plan in place on how to contain him.
Maybe more nerve racking out of the backfield as they get way more touches but also a lot going on and watching and bodies in the way...but hard to use top end speed when vision and cutting are huge. The speed at wideout the QB has to do a big part and Wr has to clear off LOS if defense is jamming.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:31 pm Gallia fans don’t use the main drag entrance on Hurron Street, use the secret entrance off 139. Still cost you to park but you won’t wast $5 in gas and 30 minutes waiting to turn up to the hill.

Your hoping Don ! 😂

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson is Linebacker U this year. Our defense is very impressive and each position more than solid. Love what they do each game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Looks like JuckFackson is trending on Gallia twitter accounts. Awesome

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

I agree Ironman. Love to see the fire back in this game. I hope to hope it continues in the future.

Return to “Football”