Wheelersburg(48) @ (3)Ironton

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton (8/26)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:07 pm Wheelersburg nor Ironton are anything special. Big fish small pond.

Go beat some Cincy and Cleveland schools then talk.

And no Ironton, not about 20 years ago. 😂

Slow ball
We shall see

Big I fan
Waterboy

Post by Big I fan »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:01 pm
flash wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:29 pm The only people doing the talking, are the burg people.
Why would people be "salty"? And what is the situation? Do any of you really know the reason why he left? I would think most of those dads were glad to see him go! Puts their kid a step closer to being able to see a little playing time! People from Burg don't act like adults ever! They stab each other in the back daily to get their kid ahead! Why would this game be any different? It's ashame how people have to get on here and degrade kids over a ballgame. I wish good luck to all the boys and prayers for no injuries!

It doesn't matter. Fans don't play the game. If ironton pulls the upset, it will be on the shoulders of Salyers. I realize people from burg might be salty about the situation but he's still a kid. I hope adults show up at the field Saturday. In this game, burg is very deep in talent. Fatigue might get the tigers in this one. I believe burg takes another in the series.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Big I fan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:11 am
flash wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:29 pm The only people doing the talking, are the burg people.
Why would people be "salty"? And what is the situation? Do any of you really know the reason why he left? I would think most of those dads were glad to see him go! Puts their kid a step closer to being able to see a little playing time! People from Burg don't act like adults ever! They stab each other in the back daily to get their kid ahead! Why would this game be any different? It's ashame how people have to get on here and degrade kids over a ballgame. I wish good luck to all the boys and prayers for no injuries!

It doesn't matter. Fans don't play the game. If ironton pulls the upset, it will be on the shoulders of Salyers. I realize people from burg might be salty about the situation but he's still a kid. I hope adults show up at the field Saturday. In this game, burg is very deep in talent. Fatigue might get the tigers in this one. I believe burg takes another in the series.
It's no secret why he left or who was behind him leaving. It was probably a good decision. I wish him luck.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

You're right people act like idiots to give their kid an advantage. They don't teach them how to deal with adversity. They just pout about it. Life sucks. It's just a game.

As far as them being salty, got nothing to do with him actually leaving.

Laser
Last edited by laser breath on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big I fan
Waterboy

Post by Big I fan »

fbnut wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:03 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:01 pm No actually you don't have clue! Don't worry too much about it! You should be so excited he left. Now your boy will get in the game at some point this season! Don't spead gossip. Be a grown up!

It's no secret why he left or who was behind him leaving. It was probably a good decision. I wish him luck.
Last edited by Big I fan on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big I fan
Waterboy

Post by Big I fan »

laser breath wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:08 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:01 pm Please enlighten us all why this child left? You obviously have the inside story! And the big question is, why do you care so much?

You're right people act like idiots to give their kid an advantage. They don't teach them how to deal with adversity. They just pout about it. Life sucks. It's just a game.

Laser
Please enlighten us all why this child left? You obviously have the inside story! And the big question is, why do you care so much?

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

I'll tell you why ne leaft. to come to best football school in southernohio. We r still the best around. we have tridition we have a true love for our football and we have the gratest feild to play ball on.... you arogant burg people make me sick!

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

not too mentoin we have top educaption round

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:47 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:25 am I SO HOPE THIS IS AN UPSET OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS. GO TIGERS GO.
You've had the same hopes for a few years now.. burg rolls big!!

indeed I have, so we're due.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Big I fan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:07 am

Laser
Please enlighten us all why this child left? You obviously have the inside story! And the big question is, why do you care so much?
I don't know why he left. I'm sure his family had their reasons. I'm just relaying that through the winds of talk that there have been some things that have happened that people are upset with since he left. Since it's not from the true source, I'm not going to explain the details. I'm just relaying why the "salty" talk is out there.

Now you're enlightened as far as I can take you

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

victor creed wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:52 am If we would have had website's like this in the 80's and early 90's. We would have had much the same conversation about how arrogant ironton posters are. I graduated there In 83 and I know how much everyone took pleasure in an ironton loss. The fact is I live in burg now have a kid playing there now and I can promise you there are just as many idiots in ironton as burg. However there are just as many knowledgable fans and good people in both places. The problem is right now wheelersburg is really good and the program is great and these kids up here are working harder than anyone else. Period!!! Wheelersburg posters are only sayingwhat they believe based on the team they know they have. And it's tough to deal with if your not from burg. Ironton is a year or 2 away. The rivalry is gonna heat up in a few years. Or next year. All these other people on here from around both county's that have nothing good to say about wheelersburg and the arrogance. I bet we don't hear a word from you after Saturday if burg backs it up on the field
great post my friend.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

osumufan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:31 pm Blah, blah, blah same old Burg/ Ironton posts from the last 5 years. Kid's names have changed but that's about it! Same people making the same posts about the same topics! :lol: :lol: :lol: I click on this sometimes just to get a good laugh for the day. You can not read this for days and pickup and it is the same story! ;) ;) ;)

I would agree to that as well.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Uncle Creepy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:09 pm Sorry Fartin' Tiger, those days are over. People here in the trailer park say that the only thing coming back are Wheelersburg touchdowns when the refs try to keep it close.

OH SNAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S FUNNY.

Big I fan
Waterboy

Post by Big I fan »

laser breath wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:55 am

Laser
I don't know why he left. I'm sure his family had their reasons. I'm just relaying that through the winds of talk that there have been some things that have happened that people are upset with since he left. Since it's not from the true source, I'm not going to explain the details. I'm just relaying why the "salty" talk is out there.

Oh ok! I got it now. You like to spread gossip! Glad we got that all cleared up!

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Big I fan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:04 am
laser breath wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:55 am

Oh ok! I got it now. You like to spread gossip! Glad we got that all cleared up!
Now If I was spreading gossip, would not one think I would actually say what was going on? Again, I'm just letting the forum know why some , and I can't stress "some" enough, why some from burg are upset. Personally, I could care less. I live in the real world.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Big I fan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:48 am
fbnut wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:03 am
I don't have a boy period let alone one on the team. The burg is one of few schools that losing such a talented athlete won't really affect them. So I'm not sure why anyone would be upset or salty. Sounds like things are working out great at ironton. Like I said above I wish him luck and hope he has a great career.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

I just hope that it's a straight up clean game without injury and that the fans don't yell at players, coaches, or other fans. Coaches and players have families and lives outside of football. Let's keep things in perspective folks. Geez.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have nothing but love for our kids playing this honorable game. same with the fans, everyone I have met are good people. we all want our team to excel. and as I age I realize how important football and sports in general to these kids. sports helps mold these kids. many from broken homes. strengths they will draw on the rest of their lives. the point is keeping them active, out of trouble and in good shape. of course sports is about wins n losses. but you get like me closer to 60 than 50. and you just pray for the young'uns safety. glad to see friends from both sides,glad to get out of the house, watch something exciting, and wish everybody a safe trip home. so good luck to all the young'uns from the team to the band, to cheerleaders.maiorettes,coaches and all the people behind the scenes that are too countless to mention. god be with you and have fun n be safe.YTB.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AMEN LASER.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

laser breath wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:27 am I just hope that it's a straight up clean game without injury and that the fans don't yell at players, coaches, or other fans. Coaches and players have families and lives outside of football. Let's keep things in perspective folks. Geez.

I agree. I think it will be a good one. And it doesn't matter why he left and what went on. He's a good athlete and will do well for the Tigers.

Return to “Football”