Wheelersburg(48) @ (3)Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton (8/26)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I SO HOPE THIS IS AN UPSET OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS. GO TIGERS GO.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:25 am I SO HOPE THIS IS AN UPSET OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS. GO TIGERS GO.
You've had the same hopes for a few years now.. burg rolls big!!

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

If we would have had website's like this in the 80's and early 90's. We would have had much the same conversation about how arrogant ironton posters are. I graduated there In 83 and I know how much everyone took pleasure in an ironton loss. The fact is I live in burg now have a kid playing there now and I can promise you there are just as many idiots in ironton as burg. However there are just as many knowledgable fans and good people in both places. The problem is right now wheelersburg is really good and the program is great and these kids up here are working harder than anyone else. Period!!! Wheelersburg posters are only sayingwhat they believe based on the team they know they have. And it's tough to deal with if your not from burg. Ironton is a year or 2 away. The rivalry is gonna heat up in a few years. Or next year. All these other people on here from around both county's that have nothing good to say about wheelersburg and the arrogance. I bet we don't hear a word from you after Saturday if burg backs it up on the field

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

victor creed wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:52 am If we would have had website's like this in the 80's and early 90's. We would have had much the same conversation about how arrogant ironton posters are. I graduated there In 83 and I know how much everyone took pleasure in an ironton loss. The fact is I live in burg now have a kid playing there now and I can promise you there are just as many idiots in ironton as burg. However there are just as many knowledgable fans and good people in both places. The problem is right now wheelersburg is really good and the program is great and these kids up here are working harder than anyone else. Period!!! Wheelersburg posters are only sayingwhat they believe based on the team they know they have. And it's tough to deal with if your not from burg. Ironton is a year or 2 away. The rivalry is gonna heat up in a few years. Or next year. All these other people on here from around both county's that have nothing good to say about wheelersburg and the arrogance. I bet we don't hear a word from you after Saturday if burg backs it up on the field
Completely agree!! Nice post!

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

PirateBB wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:07 am I saw a preseason poll where Wheelersburg and Ironton were both pre-season Top 10 ranked in Division 5.

I have seen both teams scrimmage in the past couple weeks. Burg has lost two times in the past 33 months. I don't think they lose this week.

GO BURG!
Both teams are going to have successful years, but I just don't see this game as being close!
I'll take the BURG by 28 points.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Someone call a portable VAC truck and pump this thread down some, it is getting deep in here.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Blah, blah, blah same old Burg/ Ironton posts from the last 5 years. Kid's names have changed but that's about it! Same people making the same posts about the same topics! :lol: :lol: :lol: I click on this sometimes just to get a good laugh for the day. You can not read this for days and pickup and it is the same story! ;) ;) ;)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The game is not nearly as dramatic as the build up before it. Rarely is the end as exciting as the last second touchdown seen several years ago. By the time the third quarter starts, you know what what team has the advantage.

Side note. Burg has rarely not been good in its program. Its just ironton has changed from a town point of view and they haven't found the right way to deal with it yet. They will have decent teams but there's certain things that must be incorporated to have a successful high school program. Ironton has lost some of that but they will eventually figure it out.

Uncle Creepy
Waterboy

Post by Uncle Creepy »

Should this series between these two come to an end?? Hasn't been competitive for years.

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

Im soooooooo proud of my FARTING TIGERS!!!!!! weuns will regian pasts glorys!!

Uncle Creepy
Waterboy

Post by Uncle Creepy »

Sorry Fartin' Tiger, those days are over. People here in the trailer park say that the only thing coming back are Wheelersburg touchdowns when the refs try to keep it close.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

osumufan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:31 pm Blah, blah, blah same old Burg/ Ironton posts from the last 5 years. Kid's names have changed but that's about it! Same people making the same posts about the same topics! :lol: :lol: :lol: I click on this sometimes just to get a good laugh for the day. You can not read this for days and pickup and it is the same story! ;) ;) ;)
"click on it sometimes" ???? You need to click on it daily! This is grade A comedy here!

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Burg big

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

This thread has more talk then Mayweather vs McGregor!

Let's see which team puts their money where their mouths are...my money is on the more experienced and talented Mayweather (BURG)!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

falcons4life wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:04 pm This thread has more talk then Mayweather vs McGregor!

Let's see which team puts their money where their mouths are...my money is on the more experienced and talented Mayweather (BURG)!
Although I agree with Burg winning. McGregor is winning that fight.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

The only people doing the talking, are the burg people.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

flash wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:29 pm The only people doing the talking, are the burg people.
It doesn't matter. Fans don't play the game. If ironton pulls the upset, it will be on the shoulders of Salyers. I realize people from burg might be salty about the situation but he's still a kid. I hope adults show up at the field Saturday. In this game, burg is very deep in talent. Fatigue might get the tigers in this one. I believe burg takes another in the series.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:01 pm
flash wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:29 pm The only people doing the talking, are the burg people.
It doesn't matter. Fans don't play the game. If ironton pulls the upset, it will be on the shoulders of Salyers. I realize people from burg might be salty about the situation but he's still a kid. I hope adults show up at the field Saturday. In this game, burg is very deep in talent. Fatigue might get the tigers in this one. I believe burg takes another in the series.

No way does he pull the upset. I think he is going to be good but this is his first taste of varsity ball against the team that had big plans for him in there future. He best be prepared for some hard hits.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I don't think he will either but he and the carrico kid looked the best in previews. But he still is a kid.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Wheelersburg nor Ironton are anything special. Big fish small pond.

Go beat some Cincy and Cleveland schools then talk.

And no Ironton, not about 20 years ago. 😂

Slow ball

BTWN_THE_LINE

Return to “Football”