Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by I'mproudofmyboys »

rubberchicken wrote:Coshocton is 7 miles from Ridgewood. The 2 haven't played each other since 08. Coshocton runs the Wing T and is certainly a team that hangs their hat on the running game. They have 4 backs and a Qb that are very big for skill players, all well over 200 lbs. the backs are big and physical, not a lot of speed. The Qb throws intermediate routes ok, mostly in the flats. Only run a select few pass plays, in which typically Qb rolls out, usually to his right. Wr is not really used in passing game at all. Tight end #39 is a big kid yet Oline is not real big, backs are bigger. Gonna see a lot of the FB on belly and trap plays. Run jet sweep, buck sweep, Tackle trap and a double inside handoff off of buck sweep action.
Defensively they run 4-4. Defensive tackles are small not great, 39 is one end, big kid solid player. Their Rbs are their linebackers and safety's, best players on defensive side as well.
Coshocton kids play hard, will not be intimidated. Burg is better team IMO. Good luck from the Wood
You said The Wood Quit playing Coshocton due to them being a Bigger Division...Is that not correct?But, Coshocton still plays Dover,(which was a Division 3 School!)And 2 others that was a division 4 school!Again...We will play better teams to prove our worth!And to back up our play!We only lost to Dover because we held two of our Running Backs out that Game!I see the hate!I for one will always root for Our local teams to do well.Riverview and Ridgewood!Unless it is against us!I will say...Many Ridgewood fans didn't think we would beat Ironton!Or Garaway!Not to mention Burg!Why?Cause Ridgewood got their asses handed to them by two of those teams!And would never want a team that has beat them up for several years to do better!Sad to say!I have coached kids from Ridgewood,Riverview on my Coshocton Girls Softball Team.And i know many of parents from all sports of all local Schools!!!I'm proud of our Boys!Win or lose this next game.Coshocton team can say they made it to the Final 4 of 32 teams!!!

I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

I'm a Coshocton Alumni...I'm not one to down someone or team.Just want to say...These are High School Kids.Be Happy for their good year.My response to some fans(not saying any team.I've seen it every week!And i've seen it in all Divisions!)So please...Don't think i'm attacking you!Encourage the kids.And never talk bad of them.Even if they didn't play their best game!Good Night and God Bless our Children!!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

BobSugar wrote:
Gbo98 wrote:
BobSugar wrote:Wow. Never seen a kid just completely fall apart like that in a game. Five or six fumbles in the first half? Two back-to-back in the first possession? Should have been pulled after the first quarter. Just my opinion, but if Lowery starts the second quarter, they don't go into a 16-pt hole and Burg probably wins this game.

Credit to Coshocton, they played solid, but most of the errors were unforced and were the Burg doing it to themselves. Definitely not the same team that played all year. Nelsonville-York could have won last week if this Burg team showed up.
And again.... which kid are you picking on? Seems to me like you can't blame ONE player.
Not picking on anyone, just stating facts. Talking about Burg's starting QB. For most of the first half, couldn't catch a snapped ball. Which should be routine for a QB. Anyone who went to the game could see that.
BobSugar, your posts are absolute trash too. Shame on you for calling a kid out like this in a public forum.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

The Oaf wrote:Hail to the Redskins and congrats on the win and moving on. Fine season for Burg, hate it for the kids to fall a little short like that. Sport Fan, you are being an absolute POS and making your community look very bad with your pathetic, embarrassing posts.
I agree! With sportsfan, BobSugarhead and Yabba(Probably the same guy) blaming the Refs are not in respect for the game and are purely classless remarks. They are the IBTTs of da Burg.

Also, I was very surprised on the announcers from burgfan.com complaining about the refs. Usually, they are classy. but when faced with defeat another animal came out. One announcer said, "Not one holding call was called the entire game until it mattered on a screen, and it was against us (Burg!)" Come on guys, Hows about not playing four quarters of solid football. BTW, it was a blatant hold on a play that mattered and that's when they call it. It used to be West was known as the sore losers, but now I have to say it W'burg.

There are too many remarks on here on what use to be Wheelersburg football handling a loss and not saying, "We just didn't get the job done tonight and another team was better." Now it's the refs, the coaches, or the wrong QB.

Why you got beat is because it's the attitude and culture.

I would suggest the book by Urban Myer: Above the Line.
Last edited by 85yards on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

BobSugar wrote:
Gbo98 wrote:
BobSugar wrote:Wow. Never seen a kid just completely fall apart like that in a game. Five or six fumbles in the first half? Two back-to-back in the first possession? Should have been pulled after the first quarter. Just my opinion, but if Lowery starts the second quarter, they don't go into a 16-pt hole and Burg probably wins this game.

Credit to Coshocton, they played solid, but most of the errors were unforced and were the Burg doing it to themselves. Definitely not the same team that played all year. Nelsonville-York could have won last week if this Burg team showed up.
And again.... which kid are you picking on? Seems to me like you can't blame ONE player.
Not picking on anyone, just stating facts. Talking about Burg's starting QB. For most of the first half, couldn't catch a snapped ball. Which should be routine for a QB. Anyone who went to the game could see that.
Yea...I was at the game!On the other side.I will say...I thought it was pathetic of the so called Burg Fans to leave before the time had ran out!This Burg team gave you a great season!And so many left early to beat the traffic!Even thou it was said that both teams would get an Award!Then to have some call out a player for having a bad night!!!Check your selfs!!!If the shoe was on my foot.I would still stay for these kids to get their award for a great season!!!Can't believe so many fans showed disrespect!!!Next year...Stay home!These kids don't deserve this!!!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Sport Fan wrote:
marshallman wrote:The storm was nothing but a sprinkle. The defense got exposed for the weak defensive line. They didn't play a team like this all year. Better to lose this game then to get Mercy ruled by Coldwater again. Every team in the SOC was young this year. There will be better teams in the SOC as well as PHS and Ironton too next year. Funny how evey year burg is gong to be better next year than this year and no one else will. I don't drink that koolaid. Break out the basketballs![/qu

News Flash Burg dominates SOC again next year!!!!!!!
. Turn out the lights the parties over. News flash Waverly is all back. West and Minford will be better too. Why not add the Steelers, Buckeyes, Alabama and patriots to your schedule, I'm sure you think Burg would dominate that Schedule too

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

A little disturbing to see high school kids being called out on an internet site. It's just a game folks.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

bman wrote:A little disturbing to see high school kids being called out on an internet site. It's just a game folks.
Would you expect anything else with the bunch of clowns that have posted on here the last couple years? They are totally disrespectful to the other local teams.

Is that other post true about Portsmouth dropping Wheelersburg?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BuBuBurgistheWORD wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
BuBuBurgistheWORD wrote:I am terrified of Coshocton's size which I think is going to be a problem for Wheelersburg. I think they will just pound it and pound it and Wheelersburg will quit. As much as I don't like to say it, Im taking the Skins by a TD. I think Wheelersburg is looking past this game to the state semis and will get caught sleeping. Still a great year for Wheelersburg.
Evidently you haven't watched very many Burg sports teams. I have never in the 45 years I have lived here watched a Burg team give up and lie down for anyone. It doesn't matter if they are up by 30 or down by 30 they play hard to the final whistle.

Coshocton looks big and slow from what I can see on the film. Burgs speed should have their way with them and if we can get up 14-0 or 21-0 and force them to pass it will be the same result as the NY game.
Pretty sure everyone laughed me out of the room when I posted about Coshoctons size scaring me. Got called a troll and everything else. Hmmmmmm not so funny now huh?
I think they were laughing at you because you said the burg kids would quit. They got down and sure didn't quit. The burg kids battled all night. Good job young men you were fun to watch. Great job seniors, ended career 29-1 in regular season games and 7-3 in playoffs? Someone correct those numbers if they aren't correct.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Oak wrote:
bman wrote:A little disturbing to see high school kids being called out on an internet site. It's just a game folks.
Would you expect anything else with the bunch of clowns that have posted on here the last couple years? They are totally disrespectful to the other local teams.

Is that other post true about Portsmouth dropping Wheelersburg?
Call the posters out then. Don't call out a bunch of highschool kids, many of which just played the last football game of their lives.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ManitouDan2 wrote:Burg falls a game shy of the final 4 and the haters come out of the wood work , they cant do this , they were weak against the run , got outclassed , got to schedule better , and all sorts of expert advice from the arm chair QB's on SEOP . Congrats Burg on a great great season. No shame in losing a regional final.
Hate to tell you this but this is the same stuff people have said all year long. Burg was suspect with their run defense and they've needed to get a stronger schedule. Don't think anyone discussed being outclassed simply got beat by a better team on that particular night. All season long everyone just defends it and calls it hating. It's not hating in the least bit it is a statement of what people believe they see from a team no different then any other team people say stuff about. ONLY difference now, Burg lost and now you think people are coming out saying new stuff because Burg lost. NOPE, same stuff said all year long just now people seen it in person and realize it was true and feelings are hurt. Call it arm chair QB call it whatever you want but in the end everything people were voicing their concern about with Burg and moving forward was true, minus the outclassed part don't think anyone said that but if they did that part I don't believe.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO BURG ON ANOTHER FINE YEAR OF PIRATE FOOTBALL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

85yards wrote:
The Oaf wrote:Hail to the Redskins and congrats on the win and moving on. Fine season for Burg, hate it for the kids to fall a little short like that. Sport Fan, you are being an absolute POS and making your community look very bad with your pathetic, embarrassing posts.
I agree! With sportsfan, BobSugarhead and Yabba(Probably the same guy) blaming the Refs are not in respect for the game and are purely classless remarks. They are the IBTTs of da Burg.

Also, I was very surprised on the announcers from burgfan.com complaining about the refs. Usually, they are classy. but when faced with defeat another animal came out. One announcer said, "Not one holding call was called the entire game until it mattered on a screen, and it was against us (Burg!)" Come on guys, Hows about not playing four quarters of solid football. BTW, it was a blatant hold on a play that mattered and that's when they call it. It used to be West was known as the sore losers, but now I have to say it W'burg.

There are too many remarks on here on what use to be Wheelersburg football handling a loss and not saying, "We just didn't get the job done tonight and another team was better." Now it's the refs, the coaches, or the wrong QB.

Why you got beat is because it's the attitude and culture.

I would suggest the book by Urban Myer: Above the Line.
The problem was there were a lot of holding plays in the game and only two were called. If officials aren't going to call them fine but don't call them with two minutes left on the clock. Yes the burg kid held but at least be consistent. I'm sure that's not the first time those guys complained about officials, probably won't be the last. Those guys tell it like it is.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

wobycat wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
Haven't seen Coshocton video yet, but if they are a power running team that will make for a good game. Control the clock keep ball out of our hands.

NY had success early on moving the ball on ground against us, if we have work to do it is probably controlling the LOS on the defensive side of the ball.

But I like our chances.

Rather see this one in Athens than Logan honestly.
I can't believe what I'm reading. The strength of this team is the defensive line. Lol. Nelsonville had 54 yards total!,before the long pas play. SMH
Finally warmed up after a cold night and ride home. Hats of to Coshocton they executed when given the opportunity, and fought back when we made a run in the second half.

Some of us were concerned about facing a physical style of team that controls the LOS and TOP, and last night that style of football won. In November in Ohio that type of football can be tough to play against. Athletic wise we matched up well, but they were the better team last night.

Enough of the commentary about players, get a grip fellas.

Great job to the kids and staff for an exciting season of Wheelersburg football.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Burg on another good season

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote:
ManitouDan2 wrote:Burg falls a game shy of the final 4 and the haters come out of the wood work , they cant do this , they were weak against the run , got outclassed , got to schedule better , and all sorts of expert advice from the arm chair QB's on SEOP . Congrats Burg on a great great season. No shame in losing a regional final.
Hate to tell you this but this is the same stuff people have said all year long. Burg was suspect with their run defense and they've needed to get a stronger schedule. Don't think anyone discussed being outclassed simply got beat by a better team on that particular night. All season long everyone just defends it and calls it hating. It's not hating in the least bit it is a statement of what people believe they see from a team no different then any other team people say stuff about. ONLY difference now, Burg lost and now you think people are coming out saying new stuff because Burg lost. NOPE, same stuff said all year long just now people seen it in person and realize it was true and feelings are hurt. Call it arm chair QB call it whatever you want but in the end everything people were voicing their concern about with Burg and moving forward was true, minus the outclassed part don't think anyone said that but if they did that part I don't believe.
You can feel it in the tone of the writer if they are sincere but let's face it, people hate the burg. Heck I've had people say it to my face. Lol. It's actually embarrassing. All non burg fans are gloating like this morning but those fans have been hearing a basketball bounce for the last three weeks. Burg will put another regional runner up trophy in the case. Yes I'm being cocky! No need to quote it. I've lived in this town a long time. I know what these players do to prepare and what the coaches do. This was just a lost game but the pirates weren't losers at all. 12-1 record.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

People gonna hate its just the way it is. It's ok to do so just leave the kids out of it.
It's not unlike how burg fans jumped all over a certain Ironton poster after week one after he was telling everyone how they were going to pound the burg the last 2 years.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

That's different. Ironton is rival game. A local team gets to the regional and people come on the topic to express how they feel but 99% aren't Coshocton fans. Hmmm. And to the player in question, I haven't read one comment saying he sucked, the worse ever. He's actually a great player who had a bad go at it last night. Burg has ran a two QB system the entire year. Both are good at the position.

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

The eye opener should have been in week 10. Burg got shoved around some by a very mediocre team from the West side.

Burg had a nice season. Take nothing away from this team. They just got punched in the mouth by a more physical team last night. When they counterpunched the Skins stayed focus and played their game. Congratulations Coshocton and good luck versus Coldwater.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Just went back and read a post to make sure it was still there, it was totally uncalled for about a highschool kid. Right or wrong when you dominate an area like the burg has, when you go down your going to hear about it. All the running clock predictions in every game the burg plays doesn't help. Why can't people just say I think if my team plays the way their capable of playing I think they will be ok?

Return to “Football”