Wheelersburg 38 Nelsonville-York 6

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: Region 19 #4 Nelsonville-York (9-2) @ #1 Wheelersburg (11-0)

Post by a_c_m »

Go Pirates!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

hateraid wrote:Burg fans remind me so much of UK basketball fans. It causes people to root against them because their fans are so arrogant and, quite frankly, annoying. But like UK of late they cant seem to win the big one. Also, NY is a historically good team. In the playoffs most years and the big dogs in their conference more years than not. You Burg fans think your school is the only one with a winning tradition. Some of the posts on here from Burg fans are laughable. Sad to see that some people lives revolve around a high schools football team and who they play that week. Must be a sad and lonely existence.
The whole town revolves around our High School. That is one of the main reasons our kids are able to be successful, not only in sports but academically. We support our kids 100%, nothing wavering. If that makes us a bad group of fans, so be it. Not everyone can be so involved in their kids lives. I am proud to be a Pirate and that my friend will never change. Call us annoying, call us anything you want, just don't call us disloyal. I stand by what I have said on this thread. I believe it all to be true. If I am wrong, I will be the first one to say well done and the first to jump on the NY bandwagon for the rest of the season. But you my friend, will just keep drinking your hateraid.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I could see burg cocky against teams with a losing record against them. .Being cocky against a team that your even against is arrogant. .We will chop burg down. .what would be great is Ny put a running clock on you. .

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

NY BUCKS wrote:I could see burg cocky against teams with a losing record against them. .Being cocky against a team that your even against is arrogant. .We will chop burg down. .what would be great is Ny put a running clock on you. .
Lol. Time will tell. We'll see who is on here around 10pm tonight.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

P(irate) wrote:
hateraid wrote:Burg fans remind me so much of UK basketball fans. It causes people to root against them because their fans are so arrogant and, quite frankly, annoying. But like UK of late they cant seem to win the big one. Also, NY is a historically good team. In the playoffs most years and the big dogs in their conference more years than not. You Burg fans think your school is the only one with a winning tradition. Some of the posts on here from Burg fans are laughable. Sad to see that some people lives revolve around a high schools football team and who they play that week. Must be a sad and lonely existence.
The whole town revolves around our High School. That is one of the main reasons our kids are able to be successful, not only in sports but academically. We support our kids 100%, nothing wavering. If that makes us a bad group of fans, so be it. Not everyone can be so involved in their kids lives. I am proud to be a Pirate and that my friend will never change. Call us annoying, call us anything you want, just don't call us disloyal. I stand by what I have said on this thread. I believe it all to be true. If I am wrong, I will be the first one to say well done and the first to jump on the NY bandwagon for the rest of the season. But you my friend, will just keep drinking your hateraid.

Well Said, there is a reason his name has Hate in it

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

NY BUCKS wrote:I could see burg cocky against teams with a losing record against them. .Being cocky against a team that your even against is arrogant. .We will chop burg down. .what would be great is Ny put a running clock on you. .

The Burg players and coaches take every Team serious , one game at a time not cocky , however very confident. AS THESE 2 Teams being even, well I guess we will find that out in a few hours....

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I will be on regardless Rooting for Ny

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Sport Fan wrote:

The Burg players and coaches take every Team serious , one game at a time not cocky , however very confident. AS THESE 2 Teams being even, well I guess we will find that out in a few hours....
It's fans like u that give schools a bad name. I've not seen any cock posts from burg. It's not cocky to say ur gonna win it's bein confident. As for ur comment that u hope ny posts a running clock on us. That is bein cocky. I'm not sayin we are the best around. It's possible for the running clock don't get me wrong but we have only had the running clock on us once and that was by cold h20 and ny is far from them. To make it to the playoffs yet alone be playin in wk 12 means ur a darn good team. Not to mention bein 29-1 in the last 3 seasons like we have that just gives u the confidence ur gonna win. Good luck to both teams. GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Cock posts? :lol:

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

Sport Fan wrote:After reading all this post, it seems to be that NY will be the Best Team that Wheelersburg will play so far this year, and Wheelersburg will be the best Team NY has played so far. After seeing both teams play I would have to give the edge to Wheelersburg because of the many athletes they have on both sides of the ball. They have a good balance of run and pass, and I think their special teams are much better than NY. NY have some great athletes #8, #1, #44, #48 stand out to me, QB looks to be more comfortable running instead of throwing the ball, when he is pressured he would rather run it than look down the field and throw . He must be contained at all times . I believe that the Wheelersburg Defense line will cause problems for NY OL.
WRONG!!
NY will not be the best team Burg has played all year. NY is not on the same level as Jackson, let alone Burg. NY best win was against an avg Athens team. However NY did run the gauntlet of Meigs, Alexander, Wellston and Vinton Co, so big congrats on that bruiser of TVC schedule. The only thing worse than your schedule is bragging about beating an SVC team. This game might be competitive for a minute. Emotion and adrenalin will keep NY in the game, but execution will take over and Burg wins 42-14. Let me know about 10:00 pm how close I was.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Just a Ponder on Annoying fans of certain Schools.......

I would NEVER consider Burg fans as annoying... you cannot fault Burg fans for Loving and Backing their Team 110%. It falls in the exact same realm as Ironton Fans, Portsmouth Fans or any other school. The purpose is... its about having Love for your school whether its in the best or worst of times. Its about a Supportive community and more or less a "Great Big ol' Family." As a whole, If your team loses to one of the schools in this area, please respect it. You Played your best, keep things classy 100% of the time. But when it comes down to the nitty gritty when one or two teams remain in our Area during the Playoffs. Support these teams! Back these Teams! These teams represent your Region, Your Small town lives, lifestyle and values. And for a David vs Goliath situation of playing against these "Big teams from Up North" These kids welcome support from ALL Fan Bases during these times. And sometimes seeing a Small town team with a Big Crowd just might get them through the turmoil of a bigger challenge.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

anyone know what happened on the NY fan side?
prayers to whoever it is!

we gripe and joke back and forth but it's a game and we hope all players and fans stay safe

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Neutron Man wrote:anyone know what happened on the NY fan side?
prayers to whoever it is!

we gripe and joke back and forth but it's a game and we hope all players and fans stay safe
I'm on the top row of the home side and i heard one of the people in the press box saying someone went into cardiac arrest.

Thoughts and prayers to ever it is and hope it's nothin serious

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

if what I heard was true, Major prayers go out to the person who needed medical assistance

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Neutron Man wrote:if what I heard was true, Major prayers go out to the person who needed medical assistance
I just sent u a pm

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
sean.king
JV Team

Post by sean.king »

Wheelersburg 6, Nelsonville-York 0 - End of 1

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you...
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Coldwater down 17-0 nearing halftime

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Crab's Brother wrote:Coldwater down 17-0 nearing halftime
WOW! :shock:

sean.king
JV Team

Post by sean.king »

Wheelersburg - 14, Nelsonville-York - 0 (2Q)

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you...
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Well it was being broadcast on 105.5, but something happened and it is no longer.

Return to “Football”