Wheelersburg 24 Waverly 13

Sports-nut
JV Team

Re: WK7 Wheelersburg (6-0) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by Sports-nut »

:x
BurgGrad6 wrote:
toast wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:I think burg plays smash mouth football this game. They haven't done it yet this year but I think they see it as a weakness on the tiger d.
That sure would be interesting and go against what they're done all season. I'm sure both teams will throw in a few new things and go against tendencies to some degree. Does Burg run the screen play often? That play scares me to death and can be hard to defend. Can really change course of a game.
Burg runs the screen a lot. Both side and over the middle. What's going to be interesting is the line play from both teams. I feel like this is a weak link for both. Who steps up?
Oh god I hope burg plays the screen. :lol:

toast
All State

Post by toast »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Did Waverly send any tickets to the Burg for presale????

What time do the gates open?
I was told if you have a ticket you can get in at 5:30. The gate real close to the basketball gym. If not they will start selling tickets at 6:00. I imagine there will be a long line by then. Perhaps they will start selling earlier? Or maybe they should. LOL

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

P(irate) wrote:
Sports-nut wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Burg wins big. Waverly hasn't played anyone.

BTW Canton Central Catholic one of the best teams in D5 won't make the playoffs. Unreal in D5 a team can beat 4-2 D2 Massillon Perry and be on the outside looking in. CCC has to beat 6-0 D1 Massillon Jackson to get in :shock:
I believe the teams Waverly has defeated is better than burgs.
Here we go. :roll: What would be Waverly's statement win? Burg's would definitely be Jackson. Seeing how they were the only legit competition they have seen thus far.
Omg burg beat Jackson. Well this Waverly game may as well not be played cause burg beat Jackson.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

EPIC Game!
Good luck to both.
Hope for no injuries.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sports-nut wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
Sports-nut wrote: I believe the teams Waverly has defeated is better than burgs.
Here we go. :roll: What would be Waverly's statement win? Burg's would definitely be Jackson. Seeing how they were the only legit competition they have seen thus far.
Omg burg beat Jackson. Well this Waverly game may as well not be played cause burg beat Jackson.
Idk what you're looking for? I asked a question. Do you have an answer or are you so bent on being sarcastic and condescending that you can't seem to gather your emotions before you hit the submit button.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bighitsinc wrote:EPIC Game!
Good luck to both.
Hope for no injuries.
No doubt. I have a feeling Waverly will see the same thing ZT saw last year. We all know how that turned out.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Sports-nut wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
Sports-nut wrote: I believe the teams Waverly has defeated is better than burgs.
Dude, you made the statement that Waverlys opposition is better than burgs. (p)irate asked a question and u come back like a menstruating woman... Why? All he asked was who is Waverlys statement Win was against? And he stated why Jackson was burgs statement game.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

P(irate) wrote:
Sports-nut wrote:
P(irate) wrote: Here we go. :roll: What would be Waverly's statement win? Burg's would definitely be Jackson. Seeing how they were the only legit competition they have seen thus far.
Idk what you're looking for? I asked a question. Do you have an answer or are you so bent on being sarcastic and condescending that you can't seem to gather your emotions before you hit the submit button.
S. I. V.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

You guys think Jackson was a statement win. That's cute. Who had Jackson beat. Let's see Piketon we shut them out their quarterback has thrown for over 200 yards in every game except Waverly. Against Waverly 53 yards. Zane Traces Austin Harris has rushed for a ton of yards. Against Waverly maybe 50 yards. Unioto was expected by most to beat Waverly. They scored one touchdown one against our starters. The next three we won't even talk about. So take your pick of one of the first three weeks game as a signature win if you need to. These tigers are good but just keep on putting them down as overrated.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly doesn't have statement win. They beat 5-1 Piketon 39-0, 4-2 Zane Trace 42-0, & 4-2 Unioto 33-13 at Unioto.
The only common opponent was Fairland: Waverly shut them out 50-0 while Wheelersburg beat them 38-7. Not much difference.

RECAP OF SOME HOUSE KEEPING:
Pre-sale ticket holders can get in through the gate beside the gym starting at 5:30p.m.
The regular ticket booth (two windows/lines) will open at 6:00p.m.
Parking on the stadium lot (500+ spots) will cost $2.00 (not a bad spot on the lot).
Due to high traffic coming into the stadium you may want to use Morningside Drive off of Rt. 23 instead of Clough St. and enter the parking lot at the north entrance.
There is street parking around the stadium as well as other areas if you do not want to pay the $2.00.
Arrive as early as possible to avoid traffic congestion and to make sure you get in before kickoff.

At last look Wheelersburg lead the picks contest 42-5. Many posters on this thread predict a Wheelersburg blowout.
Waverly has not been in this position or this kind of game since 2007 and last beat Wheelersburg 10 years ago (2006). Waverly was 9-1 in 2007 with their only loss being at Wheelersburg. The young men suiting up for the Tigers have never been in this type of game so yes, Wheelersburg would be the heavy favorite coming in. There is a new attitude in Waverly and these young men are very good athletes, we'll see tomorrow night just how good they are.

GO TIGERS!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Sports-nut wrote:You guys think Jackson was a statement win. That's cute. Who had Jackson beat. Let's see Piketon we shut them out their quarterback has thrown for over 200 yards in every game except Waverly. Against Waverly 53 yards. Zane Traces Austin Harris has rushed for a ton of yards. Against Waverly maybe 50 yards. Unioto was expected by most to beat Waverly. They scored one touchdown one against our starters. The next three we won't even talk about. So take your pick of one of the first three weeks game as a signature win if you need to. These tigers are good but just keep on putting them down as overrated.
Your emotions are obviously getting involved in your post. Must have a kid on the team..? Look no one thinks Waverly is overrated. I personally think they are a good team. I just don't think they are ready to play with burg yet... Don't mean they won't be soon. If Waverly pulls off the win I will congratulate them, and cheer them on the rest of the way. On the flip side, if burg wins I will not be surprised. Even if it is a blowout.. I won't be on here bashing the tigers. However, Jackson would smash anyone that the tigers have played so far. I would even venture to say that ironton would be on top of most if not all of those games as well. Both the pirates and the tigers have played a weak schedule, but burgs is tougher only because of the Jackson game.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the Jackson point. I think Waverly is ready and will win. I have no kids that play for Waverly. As a matter of fact I didn't play for Waverly. Emotions in check as usual

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Wish I could take this one in! Good luck to both teams hopefully ever one comes on out injury free!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

This will not be a blow out. Waverly is a great team this year. Coldwater was out sized by Burg last year and had a running clock on them at half time. Burg fans need to respect their opponents and stop thinking every games a blow out. I I'll take Waverly in this one by 10.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I don't think anyone on waverlys schedule could play with jackson. Burg played what was arguably one of Zane traces best teams ever last year and we know how that turned out. I haven't seen waverly but it sounds like both teams are pretty similar, looking forward to a good game.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GO BIG WAVE!!! FLIP OVER THE PIRATE SHIP!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You guys kill me. No body has said Waverly is overrated. It actually seems that some posters, maybe not Waverly Fans, who support Waverly here are the ones who think they are overrated. If not, why bring it up? Waverly is muchanged improved from years past. Good, I love seeing teams turn things around. Does thathat mean they have ARRIVED after beating the likes of Piketon and Unioto of sorts? Most definitely not. You all just keep thinking the way you are and you'll find out how wrong you are in a little over 12 hours.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

A tough game for 4 quarters and a little adversity would be great for Burg. They haven't had much worries all season. Waverly better play their best game and control the nerves. Seems like Burg kids in all sports show up to the big games better then anyone.

Good luck to both teams and hopefully injury free as both teams look to go into the playoffs!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

P(irate) wrote:You guys kill me. No body has said Waverly is overrated. It actually seems that some posters, maybe not Waverly Fans, who support Waverly here are the ones who think they are overrated. If not, why bring it up? Waverly is muchanged improved from years past. Good, I love seeing teams turn things around. Does thathat mean they have ARRIVED after beating the likes of Piketon and Unioto of sorts? Most definitely not. You all just keep thinking the way you are and you'll find out how wrong you are in a little over 12 hours.
Everybody from Waverly knows we are the big underdog and Wheelersburg is the decided favorite. Everybody from Waverly knows Wheelersburg is good year in and year out while Waverly has struggled the past 9 years.
But we also know this 2016 team is much like the 2006 squad. Stud 3 sport Junior QB, great tailback, excellent WR's, quick mean LB's, big quick DE's, a nice secondary, overall great team speed (arguably faster than the 2006 team) and hadn't won many games coming into that season.

This is a social media forum and people can say what they want (to a degree, lol) but I think some of the Waverly posters are taken back a bit over the "blowout" suggestions. No one knows how it will play out. Waverly is in unfamiliar territory but they were in 2006 as well. The Tigers will need to control the emotions and nerves early on and play the best game of their lives - everybody knows that.

GO TIGERS!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Less than 12 hours now! Looking forward to a good game. Good luck pirates!

Return to “Football”