NHL 15-16

Mister Bee
Varsity

Re: NHL 15-16

Post by Mister Bee »

Sharks 3 Pens 2 F/OT

"WE'LL I'LL BE COW KICKED!!!"

Sharks get a late 3rd period goal with 4 seconds left on a 4 min powerplay to send this one to overtime.

Goaltending has been strong for both teams in this series and all 3 games have been decided in either the last 3 minutes of regulation or OT. Exciting hockey to watch.

Pens lead the series 2-1 with game 4 Monday night in San Jose. It would be very nice to get a Pittsburgh win to have a chance to win it in game 5 back in the 'Burgh.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 3 Sharks 1 F

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ELVIS HAS JUST LEFT THE BUILDING!!!"

Pens score a 1st period goal on a quick rebound wrister from Cole. They add a second goal on the powerplay from Malkin. Malkin's line delivers 2 goals tonight.

Pens stop the Shark attack with their 3rd goal from Hagelin with 2 minutes left to seal the win.

"HE BEAT HIM LIKE A RENTED MULE!!!"

Game 5 back in the 'Burgh and a chance for the Pittsburgh fans to enjoy something since haven't had since the Pirates 1960 World Series win over the Yankees, a championship victory won in the 'Burgh.

Pens need to continue to keep the Sharks power play off the ice and use their speed to create scoring chances.

Game 5 in the 'Burgh Thursday night for the Cup. It's going to be a madhouse in the Consol Energy Center.

"GET IN THE FAST LANE GRANDMA, THE BINGO GAME IS READY TO ROLL!!!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

R.I.P Mr. Hockey

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Go Pens. Looking good so far

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

d-5 wrote:R.I.P Mr. Hockey
Yes sir, R.I.P. Mr Hockey. 88 years young for #9.

You are the gold standard in the world of hockey.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 3 Sharks 1 F

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ELVIS HAS JUST LEFT THE BUILDING!!!"

"LORD STANLEY, LORD STANLEY, BRING ME SOME BRANDY!!!"

Pens win the Stanley Cup 4-2 over the Sharks. It was a great series to watch even for the causal hockey fan.I thought it would go 7 games.

After losing game 5 in Pittsburgh, the Pens bounce back in San Jose to lift the Cup and go 7-1 in the playoffs in games after a loss.

A tip of the cap to the Sharks and especially to their goalie Martin Jones who stole game 5 in Pittsburgh with his outstanding goaltending and who nearly single handedly won the Cup for San Jose. He only has 2 years of experience but played like a veteran.

Also, a big tip of the cap to Pens goalie Matt Murray who started the season in the minors, came on in relief when starting goalie Feury went down with a concussion on March 31 and had a regular season record of just 9-2-1 when the playoffs started AND turned 22 years old during the final series. He too, also played like a seasoned veteran.

Pittsburgh started the season very uneven and changed coaches in mid-December. Christmas Day they were in 12th place in the Eastern Conference and by Memorial Day they were in the Stanley Cup Final and June 12th, they are Stanley Cup champions.

A lot of factors went into this turnaround but this team finally gelled as a team and did not depend on Crosby or Malkin to carry the load.

A big celebration is planned in the 'Burgh later this week and deservedly so.

The Cup will enjoy a summer full of travels in one of the great traditions of the players getting a day to take the Cup wherever they want.

"CALL ARNOLD SLICK FROM TURTLE CREEK AND LETS GO HUNT MOOSE ON A HARLEY!!!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I don't know why, but I just got a taste for some brandy and Lord Stanley brought me some.So I hopped in the cordoba and headed down to the river to party all summer! I have NEVER been more proud of a team than I was last night.This by far was the sweetest of the four Stanley Cups.I cant put into words how happy I am right now.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Black Panther wrote:I don't know why, but I just got a taste for some brandy and Lord Stanley brought me some.So I hopped in the cordoba and headed down to the river to party all summer! I have NEVER been more proud of a team than I was last night.This by far was the sweetest of the four Stanley Cups.I cant put into words how happy I am right now.
I agree. I think Crosby is VERY satisfied at how management put this team together and how this season turned out. I know that I am. What a great job from Mario on down the line. Wow.

Bookgert
Waterboy

NHL 15 16

Post by Bookgert »

Im still here. I saw the Wild game last night and I thought they played well except for being terrible in the shootout.

Im not getting NHL Center Ice this year but will watch as many games as I can, since Ive given up on football entirely and hockey is all I have until baseball comes back.

Black Panther
SEO

Re: NHL 15 16

Post by Black Panther »

Bookgert wrote:Im still here. I saw the Wild game last night and I thought they played well except for being terrible in the shootout.

Im not getting NHL Center Ice this year but will watch as many games as I can, since Ive given up on football entirely and hockey is all I have until baseball comes back.
:?: :?

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland

Return to “Pro Sports”