DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

I don't think votes were turned in before last nights games because a lot of teams had a lot riding on last nights games!

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Danicalifornia,
Do u know if I am correct or not , did the coaches have the option to turn in their online votes before last nights games or not , this is the way I understood it , but I may b in correct .

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

danicalifornia wrote:This is going to be the best thread ever tomorrow.
lol Dani u are right

GO EAGLES
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

EPN wrote:Danicalifornia,
Do u know if I am correct or not , did the coaches have the option to turn in their online votes before last nights games or not , this is the way I understood it , but I may b in correct .
The voting opened earlier in the week, I think Thursday morning and could vote at anytime before Midnight. I really hope that the coaches can adjust their votes as long as they do it before Midnight.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

1.East
2.Eastern
3.Peebles
4.Clay
5.NDame
6.Western
7.South Webster
8.Fairfield
9.Manchester
10.Whiteoak
11.New Boston

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

^^^^ I know the 4/5 doesn't matter because they play each other. But just thought it funny Beaverlover has Clay over ND. But any of top 7/8 could win it!

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

East
Eastern
Peebles
ND
WESTERN
CLAY
WEBSTER
THEN THE REST

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

After Peebles 18 point win tonight at Paint Valley, they are now 15-5 heading into next weeks games at Ripley and at home vs Lynchburg Clay which may decide the Shac big school title.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Mailman wrote:^^^^ I know the 4/5 doesn't matter because they play each other. But just thought it funny Beaverlover has Clay over ND. But any of top 7/8 could win it!
Ok then, switch those 2..lol

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Clay wins tonight to go to 15-4, nice season for the group of juniors. Three good games this week, Paint Valley, Western and Eastern then tournaments. Pretty good record for the 4/5 seed if thats where they fall.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

danicalifornia wrote:
EPN wrote:Danicalifornia,
The voting opened earlier in the week, I think Thursday morning and could vote at anytime before Midnight. I really hope that the coaches can adjust their votes as long as they do it before Midnight.
You are correct, coaches have up to midnight to turn in their votes, once submitted, they can continue to change them as they please before the midnight bell rings. I believe coaches do wait and see what teams did last night. But do know some coaches have it in their mind that no matter what this or that team is getting the seed. Would love to see who voted where, be interested to see any bone headed moves to avoid a team.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Peebles is 6-4 at home and 9-1 on the road. They definitely play better on the road. Hope this bodes well for them during the upcoming tourney run.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Mailman wrote:^^^^ I know the 4/5 doesn't matter because they play each other. But just thought it funny Beaverlover has Clay over ND. But any of top 7/8 could win it!
I don't understand why 4 & 5 should have to play each other. 1,2,3 get byes 4 should play 11,5 should play 10, 6 should play 9 and 7 should play 8. Penalizing 4 & 5 teams for having decent seasons JMO

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Last prediction before seeding:

1. East
2. Peebles
3. Eastern
4. Notre Dame
5. Clay
6. Western
7. South Webster
8. Leesburg Fairfield
9. Manchester
10. Whiteoak
11. New Boston

Ready for some tourney basketball!*

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
I don't understand why 4 & 5 should have to play each other. 1,2,3 get byes 4 should play 11,5 should play 10, 6 should play 9 and 7 should play 8. Penalizing 4 & 5 teams for having decent seasons JMO
4 vs 5 is a sectional final isn't it? They get byes from the sectional semi round...just like 1-3 seeds.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

4 vs 5 is in fact a sectional final. It's the only way to get the games to even out correctly. But I do agree they need to switch some seeds around. Highest seeds should be rewarded for their season play.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Ironman92 wrote:
Eaglepapaw wrote:
4 vs 5 is a sectional final isn't it? They get byes from the sectional semi round...just like 1-3 seeds.
Thanks I see that now looking at the brackets from the girls sectional.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

My last prediction before it's announced

1 East
2 Eastern
3 Notre Dame
4 Peebles
5 Clay
6 South Webster
7 Western
8 Fairfield Leesburg
9 Manchester
10 Whiteoak
11 New Boston

I just don't see the SOC schools respecting Peebles wins that much since the SHAL is so down this year. And trust me, I think Peebles is a daggon good ball club. Just my prediction!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Word has it that SHAL teams are voting Clay the #1 seed. I see SHAL teams working together to get as many conference teams favorable matchup in as they can.

That's the luxury of online voting. You don't have to look anyone in the eye when you put up a stupid vote.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

js7_22 wrote:Word has it that SHAL teams are voting Clay the #1 seed. I see SHAL teams working together to get as many conference teams favorable matchup in as they can.

That's the luxury of online voting. You don't have to look anyone in the eye when you put up a stupid vote.
LOL...that would sure make things interesting.*

Return to “Boys Basketball”