Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by Ironmen98 »

Congrats Burg !

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:27 pm
The Nature Boy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:18 pm So, I don't know what they are serving in the Kool Aid down South but I'm glad I'm not drinking it. Might be the river water. Idk. Anyways, I believe Ironton wins this ballgame and should win this ballgame. But, having watched the Burg for over 30 years, this game has the feel of both teams are going to come out fired up and try to inflict as much of their own will on the other team as possible. I would say 28 to 24. It can go either way.
Could definitely go either way but I would be kinda shocked with that score. Both teams have impressive defenses and the offenses can both take their time. 16-14 Burg wins with a TD and 3 FGs one late in the game to take lead, Ironton with 2 TDs. If Irontons scores 3 TDs they likely win cause I dont see the Pirates scoring more than 17 points against the Tigers unless there's a bunch of big breakout plays.
I was so close to predicting this game down to the detail till that final TD from the Burg 😤 lol

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Program win for Burg tonight. Those kids are running on pure grit and heart and just won a game they probably had no business winning. Phenomenal job Woodward and his staff have done with this team this season. Been saying all year Burg will be just fine going forward and tonight they delivered.*

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Congratulations burg. Thank you to the Ironton seniors and best of luck to them in life. All you other players remember how this felt and use it for the off-season. And coach I hope you use this off season to reflect on somethings as well. Go Tigers!

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Great atmosphere and fun game to watch in person. Yes #7 is a beast for Ironton and we were asking the same question on why he was not in the game more or getting the ball more. Two questions just curious as how others seen it. The second Ironton touchdown I thought the players knee hit the field on about the one yard line and the ball came out, the officials gave Ironton a TD on that play. Happened almost in front of us. The second question when the Ironton player wrapped up our receiver on the pass in the first half, why was there a no call on that in front of the official. Thanks

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Congrats to burg. Sloppy game by ironton and Pendleton’s play calling was even worse. I think irontons defense was on the field the entire game. I’m not a fan of either but fun to see a game at Portsmouth week 13 it was packed and a amazing atmosphere

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:49 pm Congrats to burg. Sloppy game by ironton and Pendleton’s play calling was even worse. I think irontons defense was on the field the entire game. I’m not a fan of either but fun to see a game at Portsmouth week 13 it was packed and a amazing atmosphere
Portsmouth did a solid job hosting this one. Only suggestion I’d have is to turn up the PA system volume. But other than that, great atmosphere tonight.*

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:52 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:49 pm Congrats to burg. Sloppy game by ironton and Pendleton’s play calling was even worse. I think irontons defense was on the field the entire game. I’m not a fan of either but fun to see a game at Portsmouth week 13 it was packed and a amazing atmosphere
Portsmouth did a solid job hosting this one. Only suggestion I’d have is to turn up the PA system volume. But other than that, great atmosphere tonight.*
Hate to say it but we're not exactly used to really loud crowds at Portsmouth Coliseum 😅 that was one of the best atmospheres i've seen there ina while.

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

Ironton lost to a bad Burg team. How did that happen.
Last edited by SEO95 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Burgball#1 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:48 pm Great atmosphere and fun game to watch in person. Yes #7 is a beast for Ironton and we were asking the same question on why he was not in the game more or getting the ball more. Two questions just curious as how others seen it. The second Ironton touchdown I thought the players knee hit the field on about the one yard line and the ball came out, the officials gave Ironton a TD on that play. Happened almost in front of us. The second question when the Ironton player wrapped up our receiver on the pass in the first half, why was there a no call on that in front of the official. Thanks
I was a long way from Wilson TD but I was surprised he was given TD. Didn’t know he potentially lost it.

I felt that play should have been DPI. Maybe they felt ball was uncatchable? Not sure, it was a severe under throw but you see DPI on those all the time.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

SEO95 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:58 pm Ironton lost to a bad Burg team. How did that happen.
Yep, a bad Burg team that is once again playing for a regional title :)

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Sorry kirtland80 maybe next year

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:58 pm
Burgball#1 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:48 pm Great atmosphere and fun game to watch in person. Yes #7 is a beast for Ironton and we were asking the same question on why he was not in the game more or getting the ball more. Two questions just curious as how others seen it. The second Ironton touchdown I thought the players knee hit the field on about the one yard line and the ball came out, the officials gave Ironton a TD on that play. Happened almost in front of us. The second question when the Ironton player wrapped up our receiver on the pass in the first half, why was there a no call on that in front of the official. Thanks
I was a long way from Wilson TD but I was surprised he was given TD. Didn’t know he potentially lost it.

I felt that play should have been DPI. Maybe they felt ball was uncatchable? Not sure, it was a severe under throw but you see DPI on those all the time.
Hey thank you, was just curious.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

TigerBob wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:58 pm

Watched the Wilson TD play up close and it was very very close. Would have loved to see it in slow-mo.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Burg isn’t a bad team cut it out

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:09 pm Burg isn’t a bad team cut it out
No but the offensive play calling for us sure is.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

TigerMania wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:10 pm
I’m not going to speak on it we lost even with the playcalling if we just don’t turn the ball over it’s game muffed snap on field goal it was a poorly executed night all around won’t be so easy next week I don’t think Prep will give so many gifts Burg can win though

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Great season by the Fighting Tigers

Congratulations to the Pirates on the win.

Thank you Portsmouth for hosting tonight Great job.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:12 pm
TigerMania wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:10 pm
I’m not going to speak on it we lost even with the playcalling if we just don’t turn the ball over it’s game muffed snap on field goal it was a poorly executed night all around won’t be so easy next week I don’t think Prep will give so many gifts Burg can win though
Well at least your not denying it.

Return to “Football”