Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

RBH23
SE

Re: Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

Post by RBH23 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:53 pm I keep thinking with Irontons present uncertainty on both sides of the ball albeit due to injury, departure, or graduation, mental errors, penalties, distraction, I'm not sold on the idea of this helping make Ironton better on the field. Getting beat up for 4 quarters by kids they just can't physically match up with? Is it just me or given now that reality has showed us that Ironton is very beatable even by D6 teams, would they have not benefitted much more on the field by playing a Ashland or maybe a Waverly or a Cabell Midland. Or if they still wanna schedule up, a Bishop Hartley? I just don't see much benefit wise beyond it being money and promotion.
You are exactly right. This game makes zero sense for Ironton given the significant mismatch.

There are many other teams that would offer a challenge while being a competitive game. Moeller, however, is not one of them.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

TE Joshua Kattus 84 6-04 240 Sr.

This is Eric Kattus' kid, Eric played for Colerain then played at Michigan, then played for the Bengals. Eric played with Harbaugh in college and Josh is committed to Michigan.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

frankie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:35 pm TE Joshua Kattus 84 6-04 240 Sr.

This is Eric Kattus' kid, Eric played for Colerain then played at Michigan, then played for the Bengals. Eric played with Harbaugh in college and Josh is committed to Michigan.
And a 6ft 6 QB who can throw a mile. It's gonna be pitch, and catch, and lights out early at tanks memorial.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

https://247sports.com/player/josh-kattus-46097462/

FightingTiger99
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:07 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:53 pm I keep thinking with Irontons present uncertainty on both sides of the ball albeit due to injury, departure, or graduation, mental errors, penalties, distraction, I'm not sold on the idea of this helping make Ironton better on the field. Getting beat up for 4 quarters by kids they just can't physically match up with? Is it just me or given now that reality has showed us that Ironton is very beatable even by D6 teams, would they have not benefitted much more on the field by playing a Ashland or maybe a Waverly or a Cabell Midland. Or if they still wanna schedule up, a Bishop Hartley? I just don't see much benefit wise beyond it being money and promotion.
You are exactly right. This game makes zero sense for Ironton given the significant mismatch.

There are many other teams that would offer a challenge while being a competitive game. Moeller, however, is not one of them.
I have my reservations with the idea that the moeller game is going to result in any real on the field benefit but I do think it benefits the program in other ways. I think at present, Ironton would benefit on the field more so against a team closer to what they will face in week 11, 12, 13. Just getting ran over by athletes they are gonna struggle to realistically match up with physically isn't going to change much from an x & o's perspective. I also do not foresee getting the scoreboard ran up in front of ya own home crowd a morale boost for a team with so much uncertainty

When Ashland canceled on burg, I said to myself, a week 4 rematch w Burg would be much more beneficial to Ironton presently from an on the field aspect. Hypothetically speaking of course. I just don't think THIS game benefits THIS team on the field in the way the fans envision it doing. Respectfully.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Not only does Ironton lack physically vs Moeller.
But also in skill.

Moeller has the leading passer & the leading rusher in their league/conference

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 754377001/

FightingTiger99
JV Team

FightingTiger99 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:36 pm

And a 6ft 6 QB who can throw a mile. It's gonna be pitch, and catch, and lights out early at tanks memorial.
735 passing yards and 9 TD's in 3 games against teams that would beat Ironton pretty handily right now.
Just last week Ironton could barely score against a d6 team. I just don't think this game has a lot of on the field benefit moving forward. I don't think many of the fans from what I am reading understand this for what it is. Irontons like a mac team right now playing Ohio State or Alabama early. Showing up to get paid and good for them for that. But it's nothing more.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

A Wr who runs a 10.4 100 meters. I wanna know WHO is matching up w these guys defensively fri night? 3 of their WR's are top 5 in their conference right now also. I don't really think by what I have read that some of our fans get what this is going to look like in real life vs in the hypothetical world.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I don’t know what’s going to happen in that game, but I certainly hope the Ironton Tigers kick their tails all the way back to Cincinnati….just as I hope Burg beats the Wattersons and Jackson beats the Licking Valleys (didn’t get a chance). I think we need to start supporting each other rather than tearing each other down.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good grief, this game was scheduled before all of the injuries and so forth. You would think we just scheduled them last week with all the BS on here.

Go Fighting Tigers…….

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:33 pm I don’t know what’s going to happen in that game, but I certainly hope the Ironton Tigers kick their tails all the way back to Cincinnati….just as I hope Burg beats the Wattersons and Jackson beats the Licking Valleys (didn’t get a chance). I think we need to start supporting each other rather than tearing each other down.
I saw on the news that Wheelersburg is playing Pikeville, KY

FightingTiger99
JV Team

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:53 am Good grief, this game was scheduled before all of the injuries and so forth. You would think we just scheduled them last week with all the BS on here.

Go Fighting Tigers…….

Ironton could add Carpenter, Keys, and Carter and its not much better of a matchup realistically. They just do not match up at all.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Hey 99,hope you didn’t have this attitude when and if you played for Lutz.you would have been on the bench quick even if you were a starter.Go Tigers!

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:38 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:07 pm

I have my reservations with the idea that the moeller game is going to result in any real on the field benefit but I do think it benefits the program in other ways. I think at present, Ironton would benefit on the field more so against a team closer to what they will face in week 11, 12, 13. Just getting ran over by athletes they are gonna struggle to realistically match up with physically isn't going to change much from an x & o's perspective. I also do not foresee getting the scoreboard ran up in front of ya own home crowd a morale boost for a team with so much uncertainty

When Ashland canceled on burg, I said to myself, a week 4 rematch w Burg would be much more beneficial to Ironton presently from an on the field aspect. Hypothetically speaking of course. I just don't think THIS game benefits THIS team on the field in the way the fans envision it doing. Respectfully.
Well said.

Go2Guy
Waterboy

Post by Go2Guy »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:33 pm I don’t know what’s going to happen in that game, but I certainly hope the Ironton Tigers kick their tails all the way back to Cincinnati….just as I hope Burg beats the Wattersons and Jackson beats the Licking Valleys (didn’t get a chance). I think we need to start supporting each other rather than tearing each other down.

Well said

Go2Guy
Waterboy

Post by Go2Guy »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:49 pm

735 passing yards and 9 TD's in 3 games against teams that would beat Ironton pretty handily right now.
Just last week Ironton could barely score against a d6 team. I just don't think this game has a lot of on the field benefit moving forward. I don't think many of the fans from what I am reading understand this for what it is. Irontons like a mac team right now playing Ohio State or Alabama early. Showing up to get paid and good for them for that. But it's nothing more.

September of 2004 OSU beat Marshall by a field goal in the last seconds of the game.... Anything can happen just takes the right alignment of the stars and alot of of determination, and heart.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:09 am Hey 99,hope you didn’t have this attitude when and if you played for Lutz.you would have been on the bench quick even if you were a starter.Go Tigers!
Honesty is a frowned upon trait in Ironton?

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Go2Guy wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:49 am
FightingTiger99 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:49 pm

September of 2004 OSU beat Marshall by a field goal in the last seconds of the game.... Anything can happen just takes the right alignment of the stars and alot of of determination, and heart.
It's a nice platitude. It's not going to change the outcome however.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:20 am
artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:09 am Hey 99,hope you didn’t have this attitude when and if you played for Lutz.you would have been on the bench quick even if you were a starter.Go Tigers!
Honesty is a frowned upon trait in Ironton?
I guess you can read the future 99.This is one sad alumni.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Once the 10.4 guy gets lit up,he won’t be a factor.Trust me,Pendleton knows that.

Return to “Football”