All Conference

Re: State Championship Location Announced

Post by Rolltanks »

What a joke

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Well, with seating limited to 1500 per game, they could have had it at many different locations. At least it isn't up in Canton. This is a 70 mile drive from Athens, and you don't have to drive into Columbus and deal with the traffic. Interesting choice.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:38 am What a joke
Why is that a joke? It should be in a central location every yr. I’m shocked they choose that location but IMO it should be in columbus every yr

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Given the environment that Ohio high school football is operating in, Obetz is a good compromise for the championship round of games.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Excellent choice for S. E. Ohio. about time the SE got a break on travel. Miles=cost, + wear & tear on d'bus.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Practically in my back yard. I think it's a good choice for an unusual year. Obetz officials get a thumbs-up for landing both the state cross-country meet (November 7), and now the state football championship this year. And I know they will make sure the field measures 100 yards in both directions. 8-)

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Much better , as far as: “A centrally located Stadium”& great option for this environment we are unfortunately forced to deal with.

Good luck to all squads who advance to finals!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I think It's great. No particular school affiliation in general. It's the old Columbus Motor Speedway property on Williams Rd on the Redneck South end of C-bus. It's only 5 or 10 minutes off I-270, Rt. 23, Rt. 33, Alum Creek drive and South High street. Their are many eating places within 5 minutes regardless off which way you come in, North -South - East or West. It sits between the Groveport-Madison, Hamilton Township and Marion-Franklin school districts. They had to find something to do with the property after the Speedway went out so they built this for Soccer, Rugby, Football, Concerts, etc. and the famous yearly big town of Obetz biggest event, the "Zucchinifest". I personally wouldn't mind if they would hold it here evey year since it's only 15 minutes from my house. :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:23 pm I think It's great. No particular school affiliation in general. It's the old Columbus Motor Speedway property on Williams Rd on the Redneck South end of C-bus. It's only 5 or 10 minutes off I-270, Rt. 23, Rt. 33, Alum Creek drive and South High street. Their are many eating places within 5 minutes regardless off which way you come in, North -South - East or West. It sits between the Groveport-Madison, Hamilton Township and Marion-Franklin school districts. They had to find something to do with the property after the Speedway went out so they built this for Soccer, Rugby, Football, Concerts, etc. and the famous yearly big town of Obetz biggest event, the "Zucchinifest". I personally wouldn't mind if they would hold it here evey year since it's only 15 minutes from my house. :D

Agreed!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:34 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:23 pm I think It's great. No particular school affiliation in general. It's the old Columbus Motor Speedway property on Williams Rd on the Redneck South end of C-bus. It's only 5 or 10 minutes off I-270, Rt. 23, Rt. 33, Alum Creek drive and South High street. Their are many eating places within 5 minutes regardless off which way you come in, North -South - East or West. It sits between the Groveport-Madison, Hamilton Township and Marion-Franklin school districts. They had to find something to do with the property after the Speedway went out so they built this for Soccer, Rugby, Football, Concerts, etc. and the famous yearly big town of Obetz biggest event, the "Zucchinifest". I personally wouldn't mind if they would hold it here evey year since it's only 15 minutes from my house. :D

Agreed!
.......and it's centrally located, seats 8,000 and could be expanded easily for more seating.....and when you're talking about overhead with places like Ohio Stadium, Fawcett (Tom Benson) and/or other bigger venues it would have to be a lot cheaper. Not as much pomp, circumstance and hoopla but that keeps the cost down in itself. Get it done OHSAA, sign a contract for the future and save yourself some money at the same time and I'm sure the schools and fans from SE, SW and NW Ohio would appreciate it greatly !!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:42 pm

Agreed!
.......and it's centrally located, seats 8,000 and could be expanded easily for more seating.....and when you're talking about overhead with places like Ohio Stadium, Fawcett (Tom Benson) and/or other bigger venues it would have to be a lot cheaper. Not as much pomp, circumstance and hoopla but that keeps the cost down in itself. Get it done OHSAA, sign a contract for the future and save yourself some money at the same time and I'm sure the schools and fans from SE, SW and NW Ohio would appreciate it greatly !!!!!

Whoever owns this, if they were smart should expand the seating so that the Finals can be held here every year. Centrally located for the entire state. Take for example if Kirtland and Ironton make the finals. 2hr37 minutes for Kirtland. 1hr58 minutes for Ironton. Had it been in Canton. 1hr 7 minutes for Kirtland. 3hrs58 minutes for Canton. Do people really think something isn't wrong with that picture? Ironton would more than likely have to spend the night if there game was early. How much money would that not only save the OHSAA by not having to put Ironton in a hotel plus money saved for Ironton?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:48 pm

Agreed!

Whoever owns this, if they were smart should expand the seating so that the Finals can be held here every year. Centrally located for the entire state. Take for example if Kirtland and Ironton make the finals. 2hr37 minutes for Kirtland. 1hr58 minutes for Ironton. Had it been in Canton. 1hr 7 minutes for Kirtland. 3hrs58 minutes for Canton. Do people really think something isn't wrong with that picture? Ironton would more than likely have to spend the night if there game was early. How much money would that not only save the OHSAA by not having to put Ironton in a hotel plus money saved for Ironton?
Agree wholeheartedly. It's sorta like when people try to live beyond their means for something bigger and better trying to impress other people. That's usually Ok for a few years till the bills catch up with them. :lol:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Agreed!

I said the same thing when burg made it. 2 hr 18 min drive for eastwood and almost a 4 hr drive for burg. The funny thing about that one was I believe we had more fans there

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

The OHSAA pays for hotel rooms for participating schools??? Since when?

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

State pays hotels

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Agreed!

I have always said it should be located somewhere in or around Columbus. We don’t care where it is. We just want the opportunity to play in it. I made it in 56 minutes last year. Looks I’ll be driving a little further this year if we make it

6O HORN3TS 🐝
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:28 pm

I have always said it should be located somewhere in or around Columbus. We don’t care where it is. We just want the opportunity to play in it. I made it in 56 minutes last year. Looks I’ll be driving a little further this year if we make it

And you guys would probably be the farthest away at 2hrs37minutes. I think that’s more than fair. Almost an equal drive for everyone

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:33 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:28 pm

And you guys would probably be the farthest away at 2hrs37minutes. I think that’s more than fair. Almost an equal drive for everyone
Agree it’s fair. 4 hrs vs 1 hr was a little lopsided but I don’t make the decision on that. We will come anywhere as long as we get the opportunity

6O HORN3TS 🐝
rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Agreed!
If the Obetz team makes the finals some year, every team will say "NO Fair"

Return to “Football”