2020 Ironton 33 - 11 Cincinnati Sycamore(D1)

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: 10-2 - Ironton vs D1 Cincinnati Sycamore

Post by MrFirstTake »

Just saw where the game with southpoint counts as a tie thats lame

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Sycamore could have beat Princeton after watching this game they had the ball on the 2 yd line about to score and lined their runningback up at qb in the wildcat and he fumbled the snap and princeton recovered. This was after a drive to get them down to the goal line and would have tied the game at 14 at this point

traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

Would this game happen if Fairland beat Gallia?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Ironton,running clock.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

traf1 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:35 pm Would this game happen if Fairland beat Gallia?
Idk but im glad they didnt ironton needs this game for sure

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I believe it would. South point cancelled not fairland or Gallia. Props to ironton for scheduling this game. They needed to have a better game than south point

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Being a tiger fan I’m not quite sure this was a good move. I hope the boys win and come out of this game injury free. I guess we will find out after the game tomorrow night if we are trying to prove we can hang with Kirtland this year who has already beat 2 Division 1 schools in Shaker Heights and Solon or should we have took a couple of weeks off to rest and be ready for the playoffs? I hope this is a positive experience for the Tigers. Go Tigers!

TIGERSFAN08
Waterboy

Post by TIGERSFAN08 »

Tigers win 38-27

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I think they will be fine you have to play teams like this IMO to get ready for a run you riak injuries in any game anyways . Sycamore has good team speed on defense probably the fastest team defense they will see until the final 4 if they make it

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:39 pm I think they will be fine you have to play teams like this IMO to get ready for a run you riak injuries in any game anyways . Sycamore has good team speed on defense probably the fastest team defense they will see until the final 4 if they make it
Just curious are you a coach? You said your watching Sycamore game from this year or where can you watch it?

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

TigerMania wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:34 pm Being a tiger fan I’m not quite sure this was a good move. I hope the boys win and come out of this game injury free. I guess we will find out after the game tomorrow night if we are trying to prove we can hang with Kirtland this year who has already beat 2 Division 1 schools in Shaker Heights and Solon or should we have took a couple of weeks off to rest and be ready for the playoffs? I hope this is a positive experience for the Tigers. Go Tigers!
Trust me this was the right move.. Ironton needs to face competition closer to their level before playing some of these teams in playoffs. Two weeks off would have been a nightmare.. this game will create more hype for the team heading into playoffs and a teams overall energy is something to never overlook

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

TigerMania wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:44 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:39 pm I think they will be fine you have to play teams like this IMO to get ready for a run you riak injuries in any game anyways . Sycamore has good team speed on defense probably the fastest team defense they will see until the final 4 if they make it
Just curious are you a coach? You said your watching Sycamore game from this year or where can you watch it?
https://youtu.be/4E0LyfCkHF0

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Im no coach lol just a former ironton/gallia academy player. The sycamore game is on youtube Sycamore vs Princeton and Sycamore vs Mason (ICRC-TV) youtube channel

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:53 pm
Im no coach lol just a former ironton/gallia academy player. The sycamore game is on youtube Sycamore vs Princeton and Sycamore vs Mason (ICRC-TV) youtube channel
Thanks for the information. I’m going to check it out.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:51 pm
TigerMania wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:34 pm Being a tiger fan I’m not quite sure this was a good move. I hope the boys win and come out of this game injury free. I guess we will find out after the game tomorrow night if we are trying to prove we can hang with Kirtland this year who has already beat 2 Division 1 schools in Shaker Heights and Solon or should we have took a couple of weeks off to rest and be ready for the playoffs? I hope this is a positive experience for the Tigers. Go Tigers!
Trust me this was the right move.. Ironton needs to face competition closer to their level before playing some of these teams in playoffs. Two weeks off would have been a nightmare.. this game will create more hype for the team heading into playoffs and a teams overall energy is something to never overlook
I guess we will find out. I know how people are though if Tigers win and no injuries then it was a good move, but if they get some injuries then people will be upset with Pendleton. Hopefully the Tigers win and come out of the game injury free. Go Tigers!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Im glad they're playing for sure i hope they stay injury free to but i would feel worse if somebody got injured against south point because thats possible also.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

https://youtu.be/4E0LyfCkHF0

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Muxh needed for Ironton at this point.

The last they have been up against a competitive football team is Jackson.

And Jackson was just a scrimmage. Back in August to boot.

Cincinnati Scyamore will forever remember the Ironton Tigers from little ol SEO after this.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”