Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by bbjunky81 »

In terms of other players who will play in College, these are the ones for Ironton that I know of. Someone add/help to the list.

#2 Junior Jones has been getting some low D1 looks. Someone from Ironton mentioned Wisconsin was looking at him but I don't know the validity of that. That may be a bit of a stretch but he is very talented.

#44 Seth Fosson - I believe he was getting some low D1 interest.

The Kicker (Book).. not sure of his number. I'd have to think he's getting some low D1 looks in kicking. He's one of the better high school kickers this area has seen for quite some time.

As stated #28 Carrico is committed to Ohio State and #7 Salyers is committed to Youngstown State.

What about Ridgewood? Has the sophomore QB began getting looks yet? If not yet, he definitely will. Any other players getting college attention?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:05 pm In terms of other players who will play in College, these are the ones for Ironton that I know of. Someone add/help to the list.

#2 Junior Jones has been getting some low D1 looks. Someone from Ironton mentioned Wisconsin was looking at him but I don't know the validity of that. That may be a bit of a stretch but he is very talented.

#44 Seth Fosson - I believe he was getting some low D1 interest.

The Kicker (Book).. not sure of his number. I'd have to think he's getting some low D1 looks in kicking. He's one of the better high school kickers this area has seen for quite some time.

As stated #28 Carrico is committed to Ohio State and #7 Salyers is committed to Youngstown State.

What about Ridgewood? Has the sophomore QB began getting looks yet? If not yet, he definitely will. Any other players getting college attention?
At this point, #2 doesn't have the size nor elite speed that a big D1 school would look for. MAC school potential, no doubt. #6 was a stud for RIdgewood and the two junior D tackles were great. Ridgewood has size and speed. They have more depth than Ironton. Drew Pasteur now ranks them 2 in DV. When burg and Eastwood played, they were also ranked 1 and 2 by drew pasteur. Irotnon can move the ball. They need to control the ball and keep General offense off the field. Ironton can win this game.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

hereforthecomments wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:57 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:24 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:02 pm Carrico is healthy.
They really haven’t had to burden him Lately.
With the blowouts late season they’ve been able to develop others.
What I find interesting is that not many folks are mentioning the ability of Gage Salyers.
Inked @ Youngstown State prior to Senior campaign as IronTon QB & is very capable of doing many things on that field for the FighTing Tigers!!

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not too familiar with all the Tiger players, but that's good to hear about Gage Salyers. I'll look for him too if I decide to go. What's Salyers and Carrico's jersey numbers?

Carrico is #28 and Salyers is #7
Thank ya, Comments.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I watched R'Wood and Wheelersburg. You guys have a great team, and the fans will get their $$ worth in this one. I thought you guys had trouble stopping the run when it came straight at you. Although, there was 1-great goal line stand, you guy still gave up massive yards to Burg Qb on the draw. I agree #3 is an athlete, and will cause Ironton fits.

Ironton's strength is power football, and they'll come straight at you much like Burg QB did. They have 3-big powerful bruising backs and they're over 200-lbs. Their QB is also a gamer and can hurt you with his arm if you load the box. Overall Ironton's strength is their Defense. R'wood played Portsmouth the week after Ironton, so you can look at the results and gauge things from there. Personally, I can't wait for this one!! Good luck to ya!

Portsmouth:

Ironton L 7-48
Ridgewood L 21-56

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

coachK wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:47 pm
kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:41 pm
Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:38 pm
I actually went to that game on Friday it was a barn burner Trimble controlled that whole game just couldn’t finish they had a drive for over 9 minutes and ran out of time at the end of the half. Trimbles qb is an athlete I can’t believe they have him playing quarterback in the offense.
I know I was shocked to see they went down so quickly in the playoffs. Now, if the team that beat them doesn't win it all I'll be stunned.
You’ll be stunned, then Anna wins D6
Agree Anna is the real deal this year and should have already played there toughest game

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

This morning I was told Ridgewood came out pre-game and ran down by where Burg was and were trying to taunt/imtimadate Burg. Like in their face. Any truth to that?
Last edited by frankie on Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

I hope Ironton can pull this one out. Pulling for a river town team to represent in the state. Good luck to all and hope everyone stays injury free.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

This talk reminds me of all the talk before Ironton played Gallia Academy, it ended up the boys was tired of hearing all the Talk about getting beat , Gallia was bigger , faster , undefeated just better . Ironton was coming off a stretch of playing some really bad teams and had to hear about that too , that game was over quick could’ve put 100 on them . My point is how Irontons team responded to all the talk , they didn’t like it and came out to prove a point . I look for the same type of intensity this week . Don’t back a tiger in the corner

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tripaces wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:15 pm This talk reminds me of all the talk before Ironton played Gallia Academy, it ended up the boys was tired of hearing all the Talk about getting beat , Gallia was bigger , faster , undefeated just better . Ironton was coming off a stretch of playing some really bad teams and had to hear about that too , that game was over quick could’ve put 100 on them . My point is how Irontons team responded to all the talk , they didn’t like it and came out to prove a point . I look for the same type of intensity this week . Don’t back a tiger in the corner
OH MY, after watching Gallia play against Waverly this isn't anywhere in the same ballpark as that. Maybe that week Gallia was talking it up, I have no idea, but after watching them it was no surprise of the final score against Ironton. I like you're trying to plant the us against the world mentality but it's week 13 and no one is buying that when you're sitting there as the #1 seed. All teams at this stage have been tested to some degree, some more than others but each team deserving.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:20 pm
Tripaces wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:15 pm This talk reminds me of all the talk before Ironton played Gallia Academy, it ended up the boys was tired of hearing all the Talk about getting beat , Gallia was bigger , faster , undefeated just better . Ironton was coming off a stretch of playing some really bad teams and had to hear about that too , that game was over quick could’ve put 100 on them . My point is how Irontons team responded to all the talk , they didn’t like it and came out to prove a point . I look for the same type of intensity this week . Don’t back a tiger in the corner
OH MY, after watching Gallia play against Waverly this isn't anywhere in the same ballpark as that. Maybe that week Gallia was talking it up, I have no idea, but after watching them it was no surprise of the final score against Ironton. I like you're trying to plant the us against the world mentality but it's week 13 and no one is buying that when you're sitting there as the #1 seed. All teams at this stage have been tested to some degree, some more than others but each team deserving.
Good gravy !!!! What did I say it wasn’t about the team they were playing it was about how they responded to the talk . Gallia wasn’t the team everyone said they was not the point

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tripaces wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:31 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:20 pm
Good gravy !!!! What did I say it wasn’t about the team they were playing it was about how they responded to the talk . Gallia wasn’t the team everyone said they was not the point
So they responded to the talk by beating a team that wasn't nearly as good as everyone talked it up to be??? You get what you're saying right?? I mean Gallia went into week 11 against waverly and was simply outclassed in every aspect of the game.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

frankie wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:59 pm This morning I was told Ridgewood came out pre-game and ran down by where Burg was and were trying to taunt/imtimadate Burg. Like in their face. Any truth to that?
Came nowhere close to any Burg players. Just taunting from the middle of the field. Still more than what I would have preferred. But Wood had the ball on the 2 yard line with over 2 minutes left and could have punched it in again but chose to take 4 knees and give the ball back to Burg. That tells you about the Wood coaching staff.
Last edited by hammer89 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

https://youtu.be/AXUNHoRwNrI

WLR -VS- Garaway.

Gives you an idea if you’ve not seen them in action.

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

hammer89 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:37 pm
frankie wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:59 pm This morning I was told Ridgewood came out pre-game and ran down by where Burg was and were trying to taunt/imtimadate Burg. Like in their face. Any truth to that?
Came nowhere close to any Burg players. Just taunting from the middle of the field. Still more than what I would have preferred.
You are probably thinking of when Burg did it to Ridgewood a couple years ago. They ran through the Ridgewood players who were standing at the 50

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Came nowhere close to any Burg players. Just taunting from the middle of the field. Still more than what I would have preferred.
Thanks hammer. They said it was overboard, but I know how emotional kids can get.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Came nowhere close to any Burg players. Just taunting from the middle of the field. Still more than what I would have preferred. But Wood had the ball on the 2 yard line with over 2 minutes left and could have punched it in again but chose to take 4 knees and give the ball back to Burg. That tells you about the Wood coaching staff.
Yeah I was listening to the ending of this one on the way home and thought that was pretty classy as did the radio announcers and they expected burg to do the same, which they did.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Wood coaching staff has always been that way. Could have put up 100 easy in over half the games this year but always chose to get the younger kids in and get some valuable experience.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

hammer89 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:48 pm Wood coaching staff has always been that way. Could have put up 100 easy in over half the games this year but always chose to get the younger kids in and get some valuable experience.
Same can be said about the Tigers.

Where did the poster go that said Ridgewood will score every possession? I want to know if he wants to put his money where his mouth is? lol

FBfan007
Waterboy

Post by FBfan007 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:43 pm
You are probably thinking of when Burg did it to Ridgewood a couple years ago. They ran through the Ridgewood players who were standing at the 50

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

I am a Wood fan and I don't believe that. I doubt anyone from the Wood does.

Return to “Football”