Best Coaching Staff in SEO?

The Warrior
Riding the Bench

Re: Best Coaching Staff in SEO?

Post by The Warrior »

Trimble Juvenile wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:43 am
Happy McGavin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:27 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:09 pm Phil at Trimble is probably the best of the best in SEO
The addition of Brady Trace a few years back and Jacob koons when he finished at OU were great pickups too. Tomcat alumni who both play college ball. Them two run the defense
Those are certainly the best defensive coaches they've ever had.
Don't forget Phil Campbell! He was calling the shots on defense in Faires early years and he is still on the staff today making sure those young coaches don't get to out of control.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

The Warrior wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:53 am
Trimble Juvenile wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:43 am
Happy McGavin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:27 pm
The addition of Brady Trace a few years back and Jacob koons when he finished at OU were great pickups too. Tomcat alumni who both play college ball. Them two run the defense
Those are certainly the best defensive coaches they've ever had.
Don't forget Phil Campbell! He was calling the shots on defense in Faires early years and he is still on the staff today making sure those young coaches don't get to out of control.
Yea, he's the mainstay. The glue. :mrgreen:

putz
Waterboy

Post by putz »

Me and Lucky Charms, hands down

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

putz wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:22 am Me and Lucky Charms, hands down
You might be the best if you go back to Wahama, but not on this side of the river Putz. :lol:

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

This is a easy question it’s Lucasville valley with coach Crabtree no one has done more with less for so long

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I totally agree with beergogglebluez's mention of Portsmouth's Bruce Kalb.......he took over a program that was 30-70 the previous 10 years prior to his hiring.......are there any coaches in the SE district who have done a better job considering where Portsmouth football was before he became HC? The Trojans were regularly getting beat down in the OVC for several years, with frequent losses to Valley and West to open the season. Coach Kalb in just 2 seasons has reversed that trend. 2 straight wins vs. Ironton which hasn't happened in quite a while. First playoff appearance in 11 years, 17-5 overall, in just 2 seasons......quite remarkable.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

trojandave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:14 pm I totally agree with beergogglebluez's mention of Portsmouth's Bruce Kalb.......he took over a program that was 30-70 the previous 10 years prior to his hiring.......are there any coaches in the SE district who have done a better job considering where Portsmouth football was before he became HC? The Trojans were regularly getting beat down in the OVC for several years, with frequent losses to Valley and West to open the season. Coach Kalb in just 2 seasons has reversed that trend. 2 straight wins vs. Ironton which hasn't happened in quite a while. First playoff appearance in 11 years, 17-5 overall, in just 2 seasons......quite remarkable.
That's phenomenal!Coach Penrod at Gallia Academy took over after a 6-24 three year stint under the previous coach, with back to back 1-9 seasons, and currently holds a record of 21-7 with a playoff appearance last year and likely a second playoff appearance this season.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:55 pm I see why hardly anybody from NY gets on here anymore..^^
NY have always been fair weather fans. NY fans will come back if Athens beats Wellston and NY beats Alexander

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I don't disagree with anyone's suggestions. I believe all that have been mentioned are the best in their own right. I am going to go a slightly different route with my selection however. I believe Coach Cassidy Wilford, at Southern is doing a great job. Second year head coach of a team that is historically bad (minus a year here or there in which they found success). He is 11-6 or there about so far in his young head coaching career.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Fonzie wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:19 pm I don't disagree with anyone's suggestions. I believe all that have been mentioned are the best in their own right. I am going to go a slightly different route with my selection however. I believe Coach Cassidy Wilford, at Southern is doing a great job. Second year head coach of a team that is historically bad (minus a year here or there in which they found success). He is 11-6 or there about so far in his young head coaching career.
Actually, in the 5 years prior to Wilford taking over Southern averaged just over 6 wins a game. With him last year they won 6, and will probably win no more than 6 this year. So, he's maintained the status quo if he can win one more game this year.

dilligaf
S

Re:Thing Staff in SEO?

Post by dilligaf »

This should be every one name there coach thread lol

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Re: Re:Thing Staff in SEO?

dilligaf wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:04 pm This should be every one name there coach thread lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:03 pm GA screwed up first not giving Penrod the job when he had to leave ? One good Coach! Good Luck Blue .
I would not say they messed up the first time. Yes I believe that they should of hired him the first time. But there is a lot more to the story then he just didn’t get the job.

There are several area schools that passed on Penrod before Alexander gave him a shot.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Hey ! I'm just a straight shooter tell it how it was ! Old news move on .

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

svac83 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:04 pm
Geronimo wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:03 pm GA screwed up first not giving Penrod the job when he had to leave ? One good Coach! Good Luck Blue .
I would not say they messed up the first time. Yes I believe that they should of hired him the first time. But there is a lot more to the story then he just didn’t get the job.

There are several area schools that passed on Penrod before Alexander gave him a shot.
Hindsight is 20/20. I felt like Coach McClelland was the guy the first time around, but now they work together very well. Coach Penrod's best attribute is he knows who to surround himself with. He is relentless at getting and keeping guys on his staff who are great coaches. Even young guys. Coach Scott Cooper is the best line coach I've ever spent time around. He has great blocking schemes and is able to adjust to anything. Coach Penrod is also a master motivator. He trusts the guys around him to coach (because they are great in their areas) and allows himself to focus more on rallying the troops, keeping them up, and geetting the best he can out of them. That is what makes him a great coach.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:46 pm
Fonzie wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:19 pm I don't disagree with anyone's suggestions. I believe all that have been mentioned are the best in their own right. I am going to go a slightly different route with my selection however. I believe Coach Cassidy Wilford, at Southern is doing a great job. Second year head coach of a team that is historically bad (minus a year here or there in which they found success). He is 11-6 or there about so far in his young head coaching career.
Actually, in the 5 years prior to Wilford taking over Southern averaged just over 6 wins a game. With him last year they won 6, and will probably win no more than 6 this year. So, he's maintained the status quo if he can win one more game this year.
Cassady is great, and he followed a great coach is Coach Chancey.

RHAlum1986
Waterboy

Post by RHAlum1986 »

I can tell you all who has the worst! Mark Lutz And his merry band morons should be ran right on out of Rock Hill! Absolute Clown Show!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

There are a slew of great coaches on SEOPs after every game. :roll: :roll:

The coaches that consistently win games they have no business winning are the best!

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:38 pm
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:46 pm
Cassady is great, and he followed a great coach is Coach Chancey.
Well, looks like he's going to finish below average for the most recent 6 years so I wouldn't dub him as "great." We'll see what he does over the next few years, but I doubt he'll be called "great" in the end.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

I’m with art and beergoggleblues

Burg
Jackson
Valley
Portsmouth
And I’ll throw in billy Crabtree at northwest

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”

Return to “Football”