3/9 8PM Wheelersburg (24-0) v Alexander (17-7)

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Re: 3/9 8PM Wheelersburg (24-0) v Alexander (17-7)

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Wheelersburg 67
Alexander 51

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Ik BG77. I know exactly what you’re talking about. Maybe I’m just old school. I do know this, having a D1 athlete on the floor makes up for a lot of things.

Look at the numbers tho, northwest twice, valley twice, minford and west, oak hill in conference (under 45) and E Palestine, who’s just Turble.
Giving up 64 to Jackson, 62 to Webster, 59 to minford and 62 to Greenup co. And 2 of the four I would consider avg to above avg.
maybe it’s body language, how they go on and off the floor, I just think they could play harder on D than they do.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:32 am If you combine “Skill Set” with “Athleticism”, Wheelersburg is the most talented team in the Region. C.J. Anthony is a very talented guard but after that they are athletic but do not have the skill that Wheelersburg has. Wheelersburg is still my pick to win the Region.
I disagree: I think this is Prep’s best team ever. They have great depth, they’re very well-conditioned and play with solid chemistry. Of course, that’s every HP team to have come to Athens.

What sets this year’s team apart from previous HP teams is their overall basketball IQ as one unit: great. They’ll always look to make the extra pass when necessary, great situational awareness and they dig deep to make sure they score however possible every time they come down the court. CJ Anthony isn’t one of the best point guards in Ohio simply because of his skill: it’s his smarts.

Burg is capable of playing with HP and beating HP. The big thing and really tough thing about HP, as SE District teams have experienced and learned first hand over the years, is if you get down six or eight points to them, you better fight like hell right there and then or else a 6-8 point deficit turns into 15-20 in the blink of an eye. That’s what happened to FC in their second game vs Prep this year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:13 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:32 am If you combine “Skill Set” with “Athleticism”, Wheelersburg is the most talented team in the Region. C.J. Anthony is a very talented guard but after that they are athletic but do not have the skill that Wheelersburg has. Wheelersburg is still my pick to win the Region.
I disagree: I think this is Prep’s best team ever. They have great depth, they’re very well-conditioned and play with solid chemistry. Of course, that’s every HP team to have come to Athens.

What sets this year’s team apart from previous HP teams is their overall basketball IQ as one unit: great. They’ll always look to make the extra pass when necessary, great situational awareness and they dig deep to make sure they score however possible every time they come down the court. CJ Anthony isn’t one of the best point guards in Ohio simply because of his skill: it’s his smarts.

Burg is capable of playing with HP and beating HP. The big thing and really tough thing about HP, as SE District teams have experienced and learned first hand over the years, is if you get down six or eight points to them, you better fight like hell right there and then or else a 6-8 point deficit turns into 15-20 in the blink of an eye. That’s what happened to FC in their second game vs Prep this year.
I agree. There’s no room for a bad quarter against HP.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Now I get it a little, that there is very little talk about the Adena-Chesapeake game, But unless all you guys are still talking about the exciting finish to your Girls game, this is kind of unusual for no one from the Burg to be discussing your upcoming District Championship game. I guess mayby what has been said already, is all that needs to be said.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Just what I know of each team ( not much really have seen both teams twice) I don’t care who wins just hope no one gets hurt and the best team wins BUT

after reading visionquest spew his crap and scream how great the tvc ohio was I have to root for Wheelersburg. Sounds dumb but that’s how I feel

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... anyone playing a 24-0 team as Wheelersburg will be the underdog ... apparently the DECIDED underdog since some folks have Alexander scoring less than 30 points? while giving up almost 70 points ?? ... numbers have AHS scoring 55 ppg and giving up 43 ppg on the defensive side ... although vs some of the better teams on the Alex schedule those numbers ARE reversed in losing efforts (Chillicothe/Athens x2/Warren/Oak Hill/Jackson) ... the best scoring output vs the better teams on the AHS schedule was vs Chillicothe losing 54-66... Alex has to get scoring out of the post to have a chance ... the ONLY way Alex GETS scoring out of the post is IF the offense runs THROUGH the post ... vs Valley in the semi-final I saw what I haven't seen in the 3 games watching AHS - the ball going into the post down on the block - the result being 3 fgs (6 pts) ... the big man was fouled/went to the line 2 for 2 from the FT line ... 3 blocked shots ... 2 altered shots ... THAT IS what needs to happen for 4 quarters vs the Burg for Alex to have an opportunity in this one imo ... the ball has to go into the paint ... Caleb Terry has to see the ball down on the blocks ... CT has to convert in the paint ...IF the ball goes down low CT WILL go to the line where he should have a minimum of 10 FT attempts for the game ... Im going for a stat line for Terry of 18 -20 points / 8 of those points from the FT line ... 7 blocks ...10 rbs ...5 assts... IF CT is THAT active in the paint Stone Markin/Dylan Mecum will get touches where they can be effective as well in the paint ... Kearns will need to handle the perimeter pressure by the Burg with the goal of feeding the post ... or feeding Mecum/Markins in the high post both looking to get the ball into the low post or finding Kearn on the perimeter - JK has to hit some perimeter shots - which he is more than capable of doing - in bunches ... Mecum is the wild card - he can get his on the perimeter, off the boards or in the paint at the rim - his size will be an asset in the paint - as long CT is being effective D Mecum/Stone Markin will be effective as well ... Holden for Wheelersburg IS a D1 player - can't get around it, he's going to get his 20 somewhere - he's that good - have to make him work for everything/frustrate him inside/make him get his from outside ... I like the Alex perimeter D - Mecum/Markins/Kearns/Riley/Brown/Easley/Chapman are all excellent defenders ... relax and play D ... you're in the District Final - Might as well go for the "W" ... Best of luck to both teams ...

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Hoping for a injury free game and a hard fought and exciting game IMO if Burg can start hitting their threes like they normally do they will win but if they struggle like the last 2 games then it will be close I look for Connor Mullins to finally have a breakout game in the playoffs I think he is the key for Burg tomorrow

Burg grad 85
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Harvest Prep 71
Columbus Academy 67

Sandy Valley 67
Garaway 53

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:11 am Harvest Prep 71
Columbus Academy 67

Sandy Valley 67
Garaway 53
Sandy Valley surprised me. Garaway has been a machine.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Good luck to the Spartans! I fee an upset brewing! 48-45 Alex

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Told you Sandy is good. They’ve beat the 1 and 2 seeds meadowbrook and garaway. If they handle the Athens environment they’ll play well. Garaway solid but they’ve had better teams. Good luck Sandy !

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

E High wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:21 am Told you Sandy is good. They’ve beat the 1 and 2 seeds meadowbrook and garaway. If they handle the Athens environment they’ll play well. Garaway solid but they’ve had better teams. Good luck Sandy !
Magnolia Ohio, population 967, salute !!!!! (Nobody expected this)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

As I have said from the beginning Meadowbrook and Garaway was not as good as they were last year. The same is true for Harvest Prep. Wheelersburg is the most talented team in the Region. Harvest Prep was pushed to the brink last night by Columbus Academy. Columbus Academy does not have close to the talent Wheelersburg does. It will be a upset if Wheelersburg is not in Columbus.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

D3 Regional Semis moved to 3/14. Thursday.

Sheridan has girls in the State Semi that night and if their boys win tomorrow it was a conflict.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Safe travels to all The Wheelersburg fans today.

Logan and Athens are pretty well placed and you have plenty of time between games.

Good Luck!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Game Day! GO BURG

Burg grad 85
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg fans if Schwarzel does the game:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:15 pm Burg fans if Schwarzel does the game:

If he does guarantee he gets Holden and Truitt out of the game early.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg players do commit a lot of charges but they didn’t call them the last game

Return to “Boys Basketball”