Fairfield Union @ Logan Elm 1/22

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Re: Fairfield Union @ Logan Elm 1/22

Post by TravisHill222 »

Does anybody on here think LE can pull off the upset in this game?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

9-9 after 1 quarter of play

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

LE 19 FU 19 Half

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Braves87 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:57 pm LE 19 FU 19 Half
... 2 very good TEAMS and 2 outstanding coaching staffs = excellent game ...

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:58 pm
Braves87 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:57 pm LE 19 FU 19 Half
... 2 very good TEAMS and 2 outstanding coaching staffs = excellent game ...
We’ll see how the 2nd half goes because this is just like the 1st game when FU had a 1 point lead @ the half and then blew the game open in the 3rd

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

LE 32 FU 24 after 3

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Unfortunately I called this one earlier in the week . Just had a bad feeling.

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

LE 41 FU 30 Final

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Still a long way to go in the league. Lots of tough games to come for everyone.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Will TravisHill aka Pissy Paul now back off? Will this be good enough?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VisionQuest wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:42 pm Will TravisHill aka Pissy Paul now back off? Will this be good enough?
... I think we know the answer to that one LOL ... each time Coach Stiverson and the youngin's hit the floor ... never mind ... :roll:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Excellent "W" for Logan Elm ... Sectional Seeding implications AGAIN ! ... I was talking to Coach Maddox during the Alex vs Warren Freshmen game last night ... I told him that I felt after having seen every team in the Logan Sectional now - ANY of the top 6 teams can beat any of the top 6 teams ...

... Warren beats Athens, Athens beats Vinton County, FU beats Sheridan , LE beats FU ... Athens beats Marietta ... Marietta beats Warren/Warren returns the favor and beats Marietta ... LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... probably a lot of coaches scouting tonight with LE vs FU being one of the few games in town - I know that the Warren coaching staff was making the trip over to watch this one this evening ...

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:27 pm ... probably a lot of coaches scouting tonight with LE vs FU being one of the few games in town - I know that the Warren coaching staff was making the trip over to watch this one this evening ...
Pfloyd,
Circleville and Amanda was there too. The MSL is crazy this year. Anyone in the league can win on any given night. LE played Stiverson ball tonight. Slowed the game down, handled the ball well, played defense and rebounded. Saturday night against Amanda should be interesting. Missed you at the gym tonight!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Braves87 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:37 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:27 pm ... probably a lot of coaches scouting tonight with LE vs FU being one of the few games in town - I know that the Warren coaching staff was making the trip over to watch this one this evening ...
Pfloyd,
Circleville and Amanda was there too. The MSL is crazy this year. Anyone in the league can win on any given night. LE played Stiverson ball tonight. Slowed the game down, handled the ball well, played defense and rebounded. Saturday night against Amanda should be interesting. Missed you at the gym tonight!
... I had plans of coming over but my "day job" required me to do some work tonight here at the casa ... I ALWAYS enjoy coming over to Braves Country ! ... I'm a big fan of the defense that Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert play - love their philosophy and despite some of the negative posts - this group of youngsters are special ! to do what they do at both ends of the floor vs the teams they play ... any thoughts to the contrary are ridiculous ... you don't shutdown FU ,hold them to 30 points without team discipline and the ability to execute the game plan as it was drawn up ... outstanding ... I'll get out to see the LE boyz again before tourney time for sure ...

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

Either this was a good win by LE or FU just isn’t the same FU in the past. I’ll let all you experts tell me

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:01 pm Either this was a good win by LE or FU just isn’t the same FU in the past. I’ll let all you experts tell me
Spartan12 . FU is NOT the team of the past 4 years - missing that big man (Colin Woodside) down low - that go to guy when the outside shot isn't falling ,that big that you can pound the ball in to on the blocks - Harrah is a nice, finesse post player, not a banger, not going to force his way into a low post position on the blocks ... they don't have 2/3 deep threats that they had with Luke Thompson/Spencer Conrad/Conley ... Conley is there & Chase Poston will get you some triples but not that "I'm open when I cross mid court perimeter scoring threat" with that said they DO have length Magill/Moll are long - nice scorers & defensive players ... imo when you are missing that BIG MAN teams don't need to pack it in on Harrah - they can play honest on everyone which allows them to defend the perimeter - he's good but not Colin Woodside good - a different type of BIG ... FU is a nice TEAM ... disciplined at both ends - they played LE who is just as disciplined , executes at both ends and plays stifling D ... FU holds LE to 41 points ! outstanding - will win 8 or 9 outta 10 games for you with the goal to hold your opponent under 50 BUT LE one upped the 41 point D by holding FU to 30 points ...you hold your opponent to 30 points my guess is you will win 10 outta 10 games LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:01 pm Either this was a good win by LE or FU just isn’t the same FU in the past. I’ll let all you experts tell me
... sorry Spartan12 - by me answering your post it can be argued that "I" view myself an "expert" - which I am not ...BUT I will throw my views out there to be argued for or against ... I posted just my opinion from seeing FU last year and this year - making my own comparison ...

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

Thanks for the info pfloyd

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:27 pm
... sorry Spartan12 - by me answering your post it can be argued that "I" view myself an "expert" - which I am not ...BUT I will throw my views out there to be argued for or against ... I posted just my opinion from seeing FU last year and this year - making my own comparison ...
I understand. Your points sound valid and spot on.

Return to “Boys Basketball”