Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Wow!!! Wheelersburg is in the Regional tournament because they have two transfers starting. Kid from Portsmouth (Lowery) and the kid from South Webster (Truitt). Now they are upset because a school has transfers! Serious? The Division IV schools have been dealing with these school in the Regionals for years.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Wheelersburg has been on the winning end of transfers more than any school in SE Ohio in the last 10 years. Before that I would have said Ironton, but it’s slowed down there. Wheelersburg consistently has the best athletes in the area and this shows with State Titles in Baseball and Football. They’re athletic enough to make it interesting against Harvest, but I don’t think they can win.

I’m more intrigued to see how Holden does. He’s above and beyond more athletic than basically every other kid around here. This is the first time maybe in his career (other than AAU) where he’ll be facing kids as athletic as he is. If there’s D1 schools that are interested in Holden, they’ll definitely want to see him vs this type of competition.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

Hilarious. Wheelersburg complaining about transfers.

The reason Wheelersburg is still playing is transfers.

The reason Wheelersburg won the State in football is 30 out of district football players.

They run into a team that recruits better than they do and the crying begins :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:48 pm Wow!!! Wheelersburg is in the Regional tournament because they have two transfers starting. Kid from Portsmouth (Lowery) and the kid from South Webster (Truitt). Now they are upset because a school has transfers! Serious? The Division IV schools have been dealing with these school in the Regionals for years.

When are you clowns going to get it??? Lowery didn't transfer in, his family moved to the Burg. His Mom teaches at Burg.

You are missing the point. Even if Burg does have two transfers, that is just two. HP is made up from players all OVER Columbus not just one or two schools. Same as Wellington and Columbus Academy and so on.

You're right, DIV has been dealing with this for years and I didn't think it was right then.
Noitall wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:42 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:49 pm Lol I said smaller scale but really the same thing, but on a smaller scale but in reality it’s basically same situation, ask teams from schools in league, what is there thoughts here, , just might be my opinion, but that’s how I believe.

You went t get no where, they used to beating up on the little guys in that weak division with all they transfers and can't handle they on the opposite side this time and for anyone that don't think this team can't beat them,by 20-25 they need to go watch some real,basketball outside that league lmao
Then what do you think these teams should do then?? Get out of the league and start playing teams from around the country like Lebron and ASVSM did when he was there and the teams Mayo and company played where ever he was at, either NCH or Huntington? The two teams left from the SOC, Burg and Oak Hill have to play the teams in the league if they want to stay in the SOC. It gets rather expensive to start traveling around the country to play teams unless you have sponsors footing the bill so I guess these little podunk teams from Southeast Ohio will never play for a Championship again then according to you. hell, they all just might as well drop basketball all together since they can't beat put together AAu talent year in and year out.

Defensewins
Waterboy

Post by Defensewins »

Ohio should have 2 state championships. They can have one for public schools and one for private schools. They can make a ton of money on public school state championship.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Urban wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:26 pm Hilarious. Wheelersburg complaining about transfers.

The reason Wheelersburg won the State in football is 30 out of district football players.

They run into a team that recruits better than they do and the crying begins :lol:
:lol: what’s the recruiting pitch for burg? We’ve got Fred’s restaurant?
No one was crying transfers, comprehension is a lost art. They were saying that transfers in basketball at a prep school are completely different then a county school. Sometimes teams down here can pull it off. Like Webster and Oak Hill. They were able to use their transfers to win championships. CB is not going to effect basketball. You can load up and still play for d3 and d4 championships.

As far as football, only one transfer for burg that moved in during the high school was Lowery, when it was already explained that they moved there and mom teaches there. The rest of the players have attended there since grade school, and played in the pee wee system. You really need to come into the realization that burg is a really good football team year in and year out.
Last edited by wobycat on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:49 pm Lol I said smaller scale but really the same thing, but on a smaller scale but in reality it’s basically same situation, ask teams from schools in league, what is there thoughts here, , just might be my opinion, but that’s how I believe.

You went t get no where, they used to beating up on the little guys in that weak division with all they transfers and can't handle they on the opposite side this time and for anyone that don't think this team can't beat them,by 20-25 they need to go watch some real,basketball outside that league lmao

Your comments are very similar to the ones made during the playoffs in football. Every team Burg played from week 12 on which were all Columbus school thought Burg had no chance because they played in a pitiful league on the rover banks of Ohio. Not sure if you follow that sport but it didn’t bode well for them.

Not saying Burg will win this game but do not go in thinking this Columbus school will dominate Wheelersburg. In all sports this school shows up and competes. HP might win but I bet people will walk out of that game knowing they were in a battle.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg will show up and play hard

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Wburgfan wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:53 am

Your comments are very similar to the ones made during the playoffs in football. Every team Burg played from week 12 on which were all Columbus school thought Burg had no chance because they played in a pitiful league on the rover banks of Ohio. Not sure if you follow that sport but it didn’t bode well for them.

Not saying Burg will win this game but do not go in thinking this Columbus school will dominate Wheelersburg. In all sports this school shows up and competes. HP might win but I bet people will walk out of that game knowing they were in a battle.
Burg basketball is not Burg football. Not even close. Comparing the two is laughable.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

This Wheelersburg team doesn't even crack the top 5 Wheelersburg teams since 1990. The Southeast District D3 wasn't very good this year. I am afraid that Harvest Prep wins this one by 30 plus.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

N2Hoops wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:36 am This Wheelersburg team doesn't even crack the top 5 Wheelersburg teams since 1990. The Southeast District D3 wasn't very good this year. I am afraid that Harvest Prep wins this one by 30 plus.
I do agree that D3 was very down. Wheelersburg has great athletes and a few very good basketball players. I have no doubt that they will be able to handle the physicality side of this game... it's the speed of the game I have concern about.

If I had to pick a score today I'd go with something like:

Harvest Prep 67
Wheelersburg 49

Which, all things considered, would be a good showing for Wheelersburg.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Wheelersburg needs to go old school Barrick ball and take the air out of it.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Urban wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:26 pm Hilarious. Wheelersburg complaining about transfers.

You can’t stand the fact Wheelersburg won a state title in football and have been successful in academics and athletics for quite some time and you like so many others have been trying to find anything to grasp at to try to justify your envious demeanor. Give it a rest and go back to hiding under your bridge troll.

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

Any game at this point in post season is difficult, but that's the beauty of Madness. You play your guts out as the Underdog, and try whatever you can to mess up the "Favorites" world.
I cannot say that Burg is my team, but I sure am a Burg fan Wednesday night! lol I'm a SEOhio fan, and the Burg is a representation of that for all of us small town folk on Wednesday night.
I wish them the absolute best, and I hope they win by 100.
#SlowDownTheGame

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

bleed_blue wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:48 am

You can’t stand the fact Wheelersburg won a state title in football and have been successful in academics and athletics for quite some time and you like so many others have been trying to find anything to grasp at to try to justify your envious demeanor. Give it a rest and go back to hiding under your bridge troll.
I just tell it like it is.

All football season Wheelersburg fans down the local teams while saying how great you are. When Wheelersburg is nothing more than a private school that poaches players from all the local teams. When Lutz was kicking your tails at Ironton every year Wheelersburg fans called them the Lawrence County Allstars.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Good luck Burg. Tall, tall task at hand. Would love to see Prep get beat.

Making offers you can't refuse
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Urban that’s the most truthful, honest post on here. You sir said it all and quite eloquently, everything else is trying to make excuses of who moved here, who has been here. I seen this before up here in Hocking County also and it’s just plain hilarious of how people look at things to make it seem like something else other than what it really is. Good Luck to the Pirates thou.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

On the flip side, free world you can go wherever you want, so there’s the other side also.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Urban wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:10 am
bleed_blue wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:48 am

I just tell it like it is.

All football season Wheelersburg fans down the local teams while saying how great you are. When Wheelersburg is nothing more than a private school that poaches players from all the local teams. When Lutz was kicking your tails at Ironton every year Wheelersburg fans called them the Lawrence County Allstars.
So I guess Wheelersburg’s record that meaningless trophy that that Dan Ross handed to the Pirates after the State Title game that had State Champs inscribed on it or the fact that only one other football team in Scioto County and one other local school’s football program can say they have accomplished the same thing doesn’t qualify as Wheelersburg fans being able to claim they have a great team. As far as talking down to other teams the only thing I saw was others teams fans getting mad when Wheelersburg people would predict Wheelersburg would win by wide margins and most of the time they were correct.

Seeing as how you tell it like it is why don’t you tell us how many kids that played on that state championship team were “poached” and how many kids have been going to Wheelersburg since they were in elementary school well before they even play football at Wheelersburg.

Return to “Boys Basketball”