Waverly holiday classic (Who you picking?)

hbk1999
JV Team

Re: Waverly holiday classic (Who you picking?)

Post by hbk1999 »

No one in this tourney is going to outcoach Barrick!

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

Eastern did a great job tonight down the stretch, Waverly left a lot of points out there but thats what happens when you play a team like Eastern. Overall another great exhibition of pike county basketball this year.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Eastern is just solid all the way around. Length, good guard play and they have a couple good shooters, they're physical and well coached. They're going to be a tough out

toast
All State

Post by toast »

hbk1999 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:32 pm No one in this tourney is going to outcoach Barrick!
I'm sure Barrick does a nice job but I'll take coach Robertson from Waverly. All he's done is win this tournament 5 of the last 7 years and with very average talent and teams that don't have much size. The record speaks for itself.

Most people thought Eastern should win tonight. Congratulation to the Eagles on the win. Lets hope all the county teams finish the season strong and win a few tournament games.

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

So ranking the kids by their class who is the best:
Senior- Perdue
Junior - Liest/Miller
Sophomore -
Freshman- Little
In pike county?
Last edited by Jeeps22 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:13 pm So ranking the kids by their class who is the best:
Senior
Junior
Sophomore
Freshman
In pike county?
Piketon has the best Senior and Freshman players. The other 2 belong to the Eagles.

GO EAGLES
HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

toast wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:11 pm
hbk1999 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:32 pm No one in this tourney is going to outcoach Barrick!
I'm sure Barrick does a nice job but I'll take coach Robertson from Waverly. All he's done is win this tournament 5 of the last 7 years and with very average talent and teams that don't have much size. The record speaks for itself.

Most people thought Eastern should win tonight. Congratulation to the Eagles on the win. Lets hope all the county teams finish the season strong and win a few tournament games.
I saw the more talented and deeper team lose tonight. Zero offense ran for four quarters. Ran a few quick hitters, but nothing with any cohesion. Allowed the less athletic, but stronger team settle into a half court game. You can keep him and pray that Waverly gets some crazy luck at the draw, because they aren't getting back to the Convo this year without it.

OSU Alumni 2003
Waterboy

Post by OSU Alumni 2003 »

Great win for the Eagles against a very tough athletic waverly team. Looked very intimidated at the start but never gave up and found a way to pull out the "W".
Miller stepped his game up and took control down low in the second half. Dalton Tomilson came in being that spark of the bench and providing some key buckets. A lot of heart out there tonight from all the players!
Congrats to the Mighty Eagles!

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Toast———Robertson over Barrick . LOL. U take this years award for dumbest post of the year, congratulations , at least Waverly won something tonight!!!!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:13 pm So ranking the kids by their class who is the best:
Senior- Perdue
Junior - Liest/Miller
Sophomore -
Freshman- Little
In pike county?

Sophomore - Cochenour Eastern

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

EPN wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:31 pm Toast———Robertson over Barrick . LOL. U take this years award for dumbest post of the year, congratulations , at least Waverly won something tonight!!!!
Probably one of the 9 assistants. I like the idea to have as many assistants on the bench as players, if I get back into coaching, I'm going to go for that too.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No disrespect to Robertson (he could very well make the Convo this year)....but I’d take Barrick over every single coach in the SE District

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 pm No disrespect to Robertson (he could very well make the Convo this year)....but I’d take Barrick over every single coach in the SE District
I was being way too strong in my posts. Robertson does a fine job, but I agree with you completely, Barrick is head and shoulders above 95% of the coaches in the SE District. I also really like Persin and Rider. There are several other quality coaches all around our district.

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

In 2012 Eastern beat Piketon in the finale. Chad Lands hit the game winning foul shots .

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Both Robertson and Barrick do a fine job but I'll stick with Roberston. He always gets the most out of the talent available. Waverly has been in final of the Classic 9 out of the last 10 years and won it five times. Numbers don't lie! Several sectional championships and a district title in that time frame also. And again with pretty limited talent. (Kritzer being the exception and Cade was really good last year)

In that time period we've had a couple marquee players but mainly a bunch of role players. And just never much size. Our success is a result of kids buying in to their roles a very good head coach and staff.

BTW- This Eastern team is very good. Some nice talent. Eastern's size advantage and Waverly struggling to hit shots in the fourth quarter was the difference tonight. And I don't know how anyone would call Waverly "deep" this season. We have only dressed nine players for some games and only played eight.

Eastern will be good again next year with several key players coming back. Waverly has some very talented players that will be coming up next season which is something Tiger fans can look forward to.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Tom Barrick has over 420 career wins , 16 sectional championships, 8 District championships, and 3 regional championships, but congrats to Robertson on those 5 waverly holiday classic titles. I agree numbers don’t lie.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

How many league titles does Robertson have in his career?

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I’m the first to admit I missed the outcome of this tourney. I thought Piketon would win the opener and beat Waverly in the finals. By what I have read I figured Eastern was solid but didn’t think they could win back-to-back games against Piketon and Waverly.

Let’s be honest .... Waverly should win or be in the finals every year. They are the biggest school in the county. They have more resources than any other school in the county and they play on their home court every year. Huge advantage over the other schools!

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

EPN wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:30 am Tom Barrick has over 420 career wins , 16 sectional championships, 8 District championships, and 3 regional championships, but congrats to Robertson on those 5 waverly holiday classic titles. I agree numbers don’t lie.
And the mic has been dropped! 8-)

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

EagleNut14 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:56 am
EPN wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:30 am Tom Barrick has over 420 career wins , 16 sectional championships, 8 District championships, and 3 regional championships, but congrats to Robertson on those 5 waverly holiday classic titles. I agree numbers don’t lie.
And the mic has been dropped! 8-)
Great stuff!!!

GO EAGLES

Return to “Boys Basketball”