State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: D5 State Championship: Wheelersburg vs Pemberville Eastwood

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:11 pm
Paladin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:15 pm OK. Here, poor sports, is why I am now no longer picking Burg. Burg struggled to beat the #140Pasteur ranked team. Eastwood beat South Range, the #85 ranked team easy. Look at not the division's or records , but simply at the rankings of the teams on the schedules and you will see why people are picking Eastwood. Rankings matter, not divisions or record.

Eastwood beat

Now look at Burg

By the numbers, Eastwood played tougher teams overall. Good D, solid O, tougher schedule. Eastwood is the pick.
We don't give a rats ass who you pick because you have always trashed SEO football. Like I said Burg would have went 10-0 against that schedule with probably about the same scores.

Rankings mean squat at this time of the year. Both teams will lay it on the line and bottomline is one team will win and one will lose. Both teams deserve to be there by there play in the playoffs

Burg has Great D, solid O and I'll say a push on the schedule. I'm not going on what one guy thinks, who probably sees none of the teams in SEO play so he is going on what scores he sees and some highlights.

Hell, in 89 Warren JFK looked great on paper. Bigger line both sides of the ball. Big stud of a RB. Special teams was better. Too bad SEOP's wasn't around then because I'm sure you would have been the first one on the thread saying Burg will lose this game by 3-4 scores and we could have just shut you down after the Burg 14-7 victory. Like that 89 Burg team, this team has a lot of heart and have been told just about every playoff game this team or that team will run all over your small D-line and your O-line will not be able to handle our big, fast D-line. They all came, they all lost and now Burg is playing for a state title. Doesn't matter the score all that matters is that the end of the game your side of the scoreboard has more points than there.
i agree yabba. i don't give a poop what u think or what kind of BS prediction for the game. this team has a lot of heart and beat 4 teams during the regular season by a combined score 188-58 who was projected to either beat us or give us a game. one of which was watterson and u and almost everyone else didn't give us a snowballs chance in hell to beat and we beat them 47-17. we may lose or we may win but i can guarantee u one thing. we will go to stark co and play the BEST darn GAME we have played all season long. they may beat us but they will not roll on us like u and pretty much everyone in norther oh thinks

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I agree Mad-Dogg. Burg is going to step it up into high gear. It is going to be a great ballgame. I would think another low scoring affair maybe 14 to 7 Burg. I can see another game of back and forth and whoever blinks first will be done. Burg has to take advantage of every scoring opportunity. I have heard Eastwood will play ball control and eat up the clock. That is if they can get past the Burg defense.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Eastwood is quick. The dline isn’t as big as Madison’s. But they are fast. They close on the short routes insanely fast. Burg hung their hats on that the past few weeks and that won’t cut it this week. I’d say our best bet is to go power o and see what happens. I think our defense will be successful again this week. Field position will be huge in this game. If we can keep them behind the 50 to start, I think we are in good shape. They will get their yards. But it won’t be a ton. SR gave them a gift at the 25 last night. Without that it’s a 14-7 ballgame. Burg has every chance in the world to win this game. Not a doubt in my mind. Special teams will be big as well. Can’t be missing extra points. This is going to be one hell of a ballgame.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Eastwood vs Otsego is on YouTube if anyone would like a preview of Eastwood...gonna be another defensive battle all night...can't wait...is it Friday yet?

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Upon further review...there are several Eastwood games from this season on Youtube

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Random tidbit....

Eastwood beat Otsego twice. Otsego is the team NY beat in 1981 to win the state championship.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I've said all year the Burg commits to many penaltys most come on big plays , happened last night and could have cost Burg big time. If it happens this week , it maybe to much too over come.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

A few notes.

1. Eastwood not as deep as Madison.
2. They don’t pass like not at all
3. Fullback gets a ton of work. Probably 85% of carries
4. Fullback is real good.
5. Their kicking game is not that strong
6. Their front 6 are good but in my opinion not as strong as Madison.

I think burg wins by 10 or more.

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

522Pirate wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:45 pm Eastwood vs Otsego is on YouTube if anyone would like a preview of Eastwood...gonna be another defensive battle all night...can't wait...is it Friday yet?

Thank you!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

GO BURG! I Cant see any other team in Div V having a better defensive line than Madison did they were big fast and strong that was one heck of a battle for Burgs line. And they found a way to wear them down to come out on top heck IMO if it wasnt for the 2 interceptions Madison doesnt score those were gifts! And the touchdown and 2 field goals that Academy had were also the result of turnovers deep in our own territory and Jtown didnt score until Burgs 2nd and 3rd string defense was playing late in the game so IMO Burgs defense is one of the best in DV if not the best! And I am a true Burg fan that hasnt seen Eastwood play so who know what will happen friday but I do know that I will be cheering on the Burg like a crazy person lol and good luck to both teams for an injury free game and GO BURG!!!!! And I have to give credit to Madisons d-line for creating those turnovers they had a great line congrats to the Mohawks on a great season

Burg grad 85
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

The pirate indian wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:25 pm
522Pirate wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:45 pm Eastwood vs Otsego is on YouTube if anyone would like a preview of Eastwood...gonna be another defensive battle all night...can't wait...is it Friday yet?

Thank you!
i don't see anything with them that makes everyone think they are gonna beat us. IMO i think madison is better

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Burg -11. 82.38% to win. Burg is just a tad better on offense and defense. #GoBurg #ReachHigher
Attachments
36D21061-6882-4D18-A113-8D7CBDC4AB5A.png

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Neutron Man wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:55 pm Burg is the Home team FYI
Has no impact on seating, i know, just stating!
Just means Burg gets to wear their home jerseys all black jerseys again GO BURG same jerseys all post season

Burg grad 85
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

The all black uniforms will look good in the team picture being taken while the Pirates are holding up the state championship trophy.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Gonna be a battle, but THE BURG can do it!! Bring it home boys!! We will all be there to cheer you to victory.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I agree with you Mad Dogg...Eastwood's offense is better than Madison's, but Johnstown's offense looked better than Eastwood's, from what I have seen of Eastwood. If there is a better d-line in Ohio Div5 than Madison I would love to see it. #63 for Eastwood (6'3 247) looks good but would not start for Madison. From what I could tell, it's gonna be another great football game...and one that the Burg is more than capable of winning. I like our chances...GO BURG GO!!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

http://www.toledoblade.com/High-School/ ... final.html
Here’s a little on Eastwood from their game against SR

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:18 am http://www.toledoblade.com/High-School/ ... final.html
Curious to see how that kid bounces back after 40 carries

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Congrats to Burg, represent the 740 and bring back a title to SE Ohio.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:18 am http://www.toledoblade.com/High-School/ ... final.html
very good article

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”