Portsmouth(31) @ (28)Rock Hill

gametime
SE

Re: OVC WK4 (1-2) Portsmouth @ (1-2) Rock Hill

Post by gametime »

KY.BUCKEYE wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:03 am RH is definitely young,qb getting use to the pace of HS ball. The kid is one of the better athletes in the 0VC.
RH- 25
Ptown-24
Don't think I would toot that horn just yet !!!

You can't handle the truth
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Last 7 quarters Portsmouth hasn't scored. That's puzzling as to why after halftime at West ,they haven't scored and defense has given up a ton of points. Something seems to have happened from the first game and second game till halftime of that game. Very odd stats on there 12 quarters of play this year .Hope they find the answer.

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

They abandoned the run. When I say abandon I mean totally.

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

This will be a good games between two teams that will be looking to turn the season around. The preseason expectations were high for both schools and a win in this game could very well put the team back on the right track! I think that Portsmouth will figure out their offensive problems early on in this game and come out on top.

bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

Rock Hill will cram the ball down Portsmouths throat. Hope Portsmouth has figured out an answer offensively or Rock Hill will win by a couple of scores

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

Run Run Run and Portsmouth wins

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

This could come down to field position and clock management.....and special teams. I do know RH has a FG Kicker this year.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

And good luck to both teams on an injury free game, both teams have been bitten by the injury bug.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Redmen....

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Good hard fought win for the Trojans. Was my first time at Rock Hill, very nice stadium, not the best parking but not terrible. Questionable officiating though. Lol

Who Dey!
KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Sounds like it was a very good game.

G0 BuCKs
OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

This game had two teams that were better than their records indicated. A good roll here or there and Rock Hill could be staring at 4-0. Portsmouth was favorite to win the league (yes I know Parker was out, but we have Hankins out). Just goes to show how wide open the league really is this year. I'm just glad to see the coaching staff encouraging the kids. They know they are young. The inexperience this year may turn into a league championship in 2 years.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

OVC wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:39 am This game had two teams that were better than their records indicated. A good roll here or there and Rock Hill could be staring at 4-0. Portsmouth was favorite to win the league (yes I know Parker was out, but we have Hankins out). Just goes to show how wide open the league really is this year. I'm just glad to see the coaching staff encouraging the kids. They know they are young. The inexperience this year may turn into a league championship in 2 years.
I've said it from the beginning that this team is Young and inexperienced, way too many people talking a ovc title in Lutz's first year. Hopefully this team learns to finish games or it's going to be a long season.

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Post by bigdogtaz »

Low numbers, young team but a lot of heart, every team always should feel they have a shot at the title but RH fans should have known it would be a tough season, as they say Rome wasn't built in a day, I agree just a couple plays here and there and could easily be 4 and 0 but that's why they play the game, these Redmen are fighters and have a lot of heart my opinion no one should take them lightly.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

bigdogtaz wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:13 am Low numbers, young team but a lot of heart, every team always should feel they have a shot at the title but RH fans should have known it would be a tough season, as they say Rome wasn't built in a day, I agree just a couple plays here and there and could easily be 4 and 0 but that's why they play the game, these Redmen are fighters and have a lot of heart my opinion no one should take them lightly.
Can't agree about low numbers high 20 and low 30 been the norm at Rock Hill and will continue, with soccer and cross country there is no more to play. Numbers will always be in that range.

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Post by bigdogtaz »

I think if you look at this team numbers are low, not a lot of subs to use period . but there will always be haters, time will tell but in my opinion they play hard and given time I think Lutz will bring the program back to winning

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

bigdogtaz wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:58 pm I think if you look at this team numbers are low, not a lot of subs to use period . but there will always be haters, time will tell but in my opinion they play hard and given time I think Lutz will bring the program back to winning
Not going to start and not a hater but last two years was 6-4 and a play off appearance things was turning and I hope it continues

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Post by bigdogtaz »

Nothing to start it was Knip's program for what 12 years? it moved in his direction and he had to be loaded with talent just to have a mediocre team, what was his streak of no wins? losing seasons, I would think that in that time span a coach could build something , The good ole boys kept him there way too long and people who are negative about a first year program with freshmen and sophomore players starting, that want to brag about an inept coach of the past is as much a part of low numbers and lack of interest in the program as anything, whether it be RH or any other high school , To me they look to be a hard hitting leave it on the field group of young men who are playing with discipline and heart that will be something to contend with as time passes.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

bigdogtaz wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:16 pm Nothing to start it was Knip's program for what 12 years? it moved in his direction and he had to be loaded with talent just to have a mediocre team, what was his streak of no wins? losing seasons, I would think that in that time span a coach could build something , The good ole boys kept him there way too long and people who are negative about a first year program with freshmen and sophomore players starting, that want to brag about an inept coach of the past is as much a part of low numbers and lack of interest in the program as anything, whether it be RH or any other high school , To me they look to be a hard hitting leave it on the field group of young men who are playing with discipline and heart that will be something to contend with as time passes.
I guess now we can blame losses on low numbers or injured players , I guess now kids didn't have heart or didn't hit anyone in the past, and there has always been freshman and and sophomores starting. I've always said from the beginning it will take Lutz a couple years but to blame the kids saying no heart or they didn't hit hard is wrong.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Todd Knipps' coaching record while at Rock Hill was 49-83. I don't understand why they kept him the last two years after posting a 37-75 record. He had seven consecutive losing seasons with never having more than 3 wins in any of those seasons.

Return to “Football”