SEOP

Re: 2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by fbnut »

passing camps not relative whatsoever in how your team will perform come fall

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

fbnut wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:27 pm passing camps not relative whatsoever in how your team will perform come fall
Ironton is trying to become a spread team this year. If you line up in the shotgun with 4 wide and can't throw it very well, then you probably are not going to have much success.

Put it this way, Prestonsburg beat Ironton. Prestonsburg only threw for 240 yards total last year in 10 games. They are what most would call a "run only" team. If you cannot beat Prestonsburg in a passing scrimmage, and you plan to be a spread team, that is not a good thing. Teams second string QBs looked better than Irontons starter. And the secondary play was not good.

7 on 7's do not mean alot, but they do mean something.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Just last week it was passed on to me that we will not be very good this year, 0 and 2 to start, no way but after hearing today's 7 on 7 that might be correct, I didn't think we would be this bad, but it's early, still time to correct things but when the burg rolls in watch out, well we still have to hold our heads up, we know what we need to work on so good luck Tigers and hope for a good year, go tigers!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Buramgerdin wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:55 pm
fbnut wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:27 pm passing camps not relative whatsoever in how your team will perform come fall
Ironton is trying to become a spread team this year. If you line up in the shotgun with 4 wide and can't throw it very well, then you probably are not going to have much success.

Put it this way, Prestonsburg beat Ironton. Prestonsburg only threw for 240 yards total last year in 10 games. They are what most would call a "run only" team. If you cannot beat Prestonsburg in a passing scrimmage, and you plan to be a spread team, that is not a good thing. Teams second string QBs looked better than Irontons starter. And the secondary play was not good.

7 on 7's do not mean alot, but they do mean something.
I've watched them, they mean nothing
We'll have to agree to disagree

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

My concern would be if they did not get better from game to game. If that is the case it could be a spring board for trouble later on when it counts.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Buramgerdin wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:34 pm Ironton was 0 and 4. Greenup 1's, Burg 2s, and Racelands 2s all beat Irontons 1s. It wasn't pretty. Burg was playing their backup with the 1s so Burgs third team QB beat Irontons Varsity in 7 on 7.
I heard that Ironton's first team Wide outs weren't there.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Surly the players are not laying out already? No way to build team spirit.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree 100% this not being there is getting old quick! Just like last year some can miss others are held accountable.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

flash wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 am
Buramgerdin wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:34 pm Ironton was 0 and 4. Greenup 1's, Burg 2s, and Racelands 2s all beat Irontons 1s. It wasn't pretty. Burg was playing their backup with the 1s so Burgs third team QB beat Irontons Varsity in 7 on 7.
Lol. How does ironton know who their 1st team
receivers are? They just started implementing this package. Ironton will be fine regardless of this outcome. 7 on 7 is not mandatory for this time of year and some key kids may not have been able to come out because of prior obligations.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:03 pm
receivers are? They just started implementing this package. Ironton will be fine regardless of this outcome. 7 on 7 is not mandatory for this time of year and some key kids may not have been able to come out because of prior obligations.
Bingo, prior family obligations.......

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:03 pm
I know Charlie Large and Tanner Wilson were not there. Charlie was on vacation and Tanner has Pneumonia. Bryant wasn't there along with a number of others. Passing games clearly don't show what a team has. Ironton might pass more this year, but I see them at best at least through the first half of the season going 50% passing. The backfield is way too solid to go completely away from it and the line is also very nice. Ethan Wilson looked good playing in his first bit of football since 8th grade. Glad to see that. It will be fun to watch this bunch this year.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

As usual, IBTT is clueless.

NEWS FLASH - Bryant has enrolled at Ashland.

From what I saw, it didn't matter if Jerry Rice was playing wide out, he wasn't getting the ball. Large is the only receiver that would have not been available. The other receivers were there.
Last edited by Buramgerdin on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

Bryant went to Ashland. Glad the Tigers don't have to deal with that issue anymore. Too bad the coaching staff didn't go too

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I agree on both counts.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I have heard that Ironton and Portsmouth West are scrimmaging this year. Not sure of the time and day.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Funny how people from outside Ironton know Bryant left,yet the one that sees all the D1 talent missed it.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Buramgerdin wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:14 pm As usual, IBTT is clueless.

From what I saw, it didn't matter if Jerry Rice was playing wide out, he wasn't getting the ball. Large is the only receiver that would have not been available. The other receivers were there.
This is not true on Bryant. He is still waiting on a decision on basketball coach from my understanding. He hasn't made any decision at this point.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

IBTT wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:47 pm

This is not true on Bryant. He is still waiting on a decision on basketball coach from my understanding. He hasn't made any decision at this point.
Oh in that case then just skip all this silly conditioning volunteer crap and have the young man show up the official first day of practice and let the coaches know what positions he is willing to play.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

fbnut wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:58 pm
IBTT wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:47 pm

Oh in that case then just skip all this silly conditioning volunteer crap and have the young man show up the official first day of practice and let the coaches know what positions he is willing to play.
What does the Bryant kid missing a 7 on 7 have to do with conditioning. Question is to whether he plays.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Has he been at Irontons conditioning the past two days?

NO!

Return to “Football”