Former East and IMG Academy Player

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Former East and IMG Academy Player

Post by greygoose »

Blue33 wrote:
Seabee_05 wrote:
greygoose wrote:Blue33--Yeah being a fan of kids from southern ohio and an ohio state guy myself was really hoping he'd fall flat on his face. Typical east fan, everyone hating on us, boo hoo. You guys haven't said anything since that so called playoff game now come on here trying to stir. Good Luck buddy. Heard B. Scott was thinking about heading back to West just can't keep those players there, granted that's where he came from originally. Some of you should really proof read before posting would save yourself a lot of embarrassment.
What do you mean b.scott is heading west?
He doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. He is an East hater. Don't take much of anything he says to heart. He just likes to sit around and play his trumpet and relive his glory days.
Yep that's it, could care less about East one way or the other. You keep telling yourself that it'll help ease the playoff blues. :roll: :roll:

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

greygoose wrote:
Blue33 wrote:
Seabee_05 wrote: What do you mean b.scott is heading west?
He doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. He is an East hater. Don't take much of anything he says to heart. He just likes to sit around and play his trumpet and relive his glory days.
Yep that's it, could care less about East one way or the other. You keep telling yourself that it'll help ease the playoff blues. :roll: :roll:
What is your obsession with playoffs?? East plays D7 has like 59 boys. Yes they play other small schools? If you are from any school in Scioto County you have no bragging rights about football outside of our area. If you don't win the big dance you don't get credit. Burg won one in 89' other than that keep on with your trash, your no better. As far as your info about Scott I don't care who you talked to that's not happening.

Seabee_05
Waterboy

Post by Seabee_05 »

Back in 89 and 90 green went pretty far in the playoffs so not all scioto county team has playoff woes

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Lets just take a giant SHITE on the kid without knowing anything about his life or situation...

Yeah. Let's do that.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

From Urbans presser he said Tyler basically just quit coming to work outs and he seemed to not understand why. Tyler may have just decided he doesn't want to play anymore. Whatever the case, wish the kid well. He was a highly sought after recruit that was talented and demonstrated so at IMG. Some people need to get a life.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Most coaches would talk to their player and find out what is going on. Tells you a lot about Meyer.....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It's incredibly unlikely that any of us know the complete story. I wish Tyler well.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Ironmen44 wrote:Most coaches would talk to their player and find out what is going on. Tells you a lot about Meyer.....
may also tell you something about the young man that just quit and walked away.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Ironman92 wrote:It's incredibly unlikely that any of us know the complete story. I wish Tyler well.

Exactly.

How many kids leave High School and head to college thinking I want to do this or do that. I want to be an engineer, I want to be a doctor, I want to play sports at the next level, I want to be a teacher.

How many of them once they get there decide this thing or that thing isn't for me. I will change from an engineer to a business degree; or I thought I was gonna like going to University of Kentucky but it is to big for me I want a smaller school experience; or I thought I wanted to play sports but I found that it really wasn't what I expected.

I bet well over half (probably more like 70%) of the kids that go to college, military, or straight into a vocation end up modifying their initial plans to some extent or another. I imagine this young man was no different than the MAJORITY of other 18-20 year olds that do the exact same thing - change their mind.

This is a young man doing what most of us have already done, change direction. Heck I am 10 years from retirement and think about a another career path almost every week.

Good luck young man, nothing to be ashamed about that is 100% for sure.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

No pissing match here, but you both are assuming he left on his own agenda. There are two sides of the story and OSU was at 89 scholarships and everyone knew they must get to 85. Meyer knows exactly what happened and is hiding behind his suggestion that Tyler just quit showing up for workouts. Sorry but I don't buy it.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Ironmen44 wrote:No pissing match here, but you both are assuming he left on his own agenda. There are two sides of the story and OSU was at 89 scholarships and everyone knew they must get to 85. Meyer knows exactly what happened and is hiding behind his suggestion that Tyler just quit showing up for workouts. Sorry but I don't buy it.
Have you ever heard him say that before?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

The standard line is usually"he's no longer with the team, we wish him luck". I have no idea what happened but I don't think I have ever heard Meyer make the statement that a kid that left just quit.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

?Here is exactly what Urban said publicly on the matter. No one knows but Tyler.

http://youtu.be/wLRNFtNEnZk

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Seabee_05 wrote:Back in 89 and 90 green went pretty far in the playoffs so not all scioto county team has playoff woes
The second round is pretty far? :roll:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I think it says something about Meyer letting the young man that has already said he's transferring to cinci to participate in the bucks spring practices

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironmen44 wrote:No pissing match here, but you both are assuming he left on his own agenda. There are two sides of the story and OSU was at 89 scholarships and everyone knew they must get to 85. Meyer knows exactly what happened and is hiding behind his suggestion that Tyler just quit showing up for workouts. Sorry but I don't buy it.
This is hilarious.. I'm quite sure Meyer wouldn't just make that up. He has a little bit more dignity and respect than that.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

Having talked to Coach Johnson at Ohio State, Meyer is being quite friendly and polite towards the young man. He could have came out and told the real story, but it's not necessary. It's also not the worst story in the world, nothing criminal was done.

So in fact, the opposite of the Meyer bashing is true. Dude should be applauded.

I hate to see wasted opportunities, but as others have said, some things aren't for everybody. You change your mind, you move on to new things. Whether those things are good things or bad things, that's up to the individual. I hope it works out for the individual and that Ohio State has continued success.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Its hard for athletes who have been the star in high school to be the little fish in a big pond. OSU is a great lake talent wise lol.

It was quite an accomplishment for him to be on the sidelines. Hopefully he will enroll somewhere else where he can see playing time. It just wasnt going to happen for him at OSU.

These big schools take risks on kids from smaller areas that are non traditionally D1 prospect farmland. Its mainly based on size and stats. I'm sure things are different when you line up across from someone with the same physical structure and just as strong and fast as you.

Hopefully it will all work out for him.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Some of you guys have no clue the pressure and the responsibility of being a major D I athlete. A lot more dont make the cut than you ever know about. This time it just so happens to a local kid and the naysayers come out saying everything negative!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

king kong wrote:Some of you guys have no clue the pressure and the responsibility of being a major D I athlete. A lot more dont make the cut than you ever know about. This time it just so happens to a local kid and the naysayers come out saying everything negative!

+1

Return to “Football”