Final Vinton County 88 Waverly 66

Skiisme
All Conference

Re: Convo: #1 Vinton County vs. #4 Waverly 3/4 (7PM)

Post by Skiisme »

We match up real well, we beat Piketon by 23. Had them down 30 when Combs subbed. Played Jackson twice, blew them out at home and 3 weeks later played them at Jackson and survived late. Probably one of the worst shooting nights for the Vikings this season. Won by 4 or 5 I believe. Should be a good one. Best of luck for a good injury free game!!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Based on transitive analysis, the Vikings are a prohibitive favorite to advance in the tournament over a good Waverly squad. Yet the game has to be played and despite odds, upsets can happen.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO TVC!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Nothing negative?

You might need to read the posts again with an unbiased view.

I said they were good, but overall not a super tough schedule. How is that negative? Just a true statement. Sorry if you disagree. Best of luck to both teams.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

hbk1999 wrote:Good points. Why even bother to finish the tourney. Might as well ship the state title to VCHS!

Lighten up fellas it is supposed to be fun!
Really???? Grow up. Don't get all butthurt because your team is playing a better one.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

hbk1999 wrote:Good points. Why even bother to finish the tourney. Might as well ship the state title to VCHS!

I'm okay with this!! :)

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I can assure you the Vikings are not taking anyone, any opponent, or anything, lightly. They will be ready, they will be focused, and they will be determined, but what happens after the ball goes in the air, who knows.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I watched Waverly vs Piketon at the Pike County Holiday Tournament ... I told daniC at that time that Waverly had to have a "great" track team ! the players they put out there were some of the fastest "end to end" runners I have seen ! The Tigers beat Piketon 73-61 that night ... they weren't especially impressive from behind the arc going 4/17 with Clayton Howell getting 2 treys ... the halfcourt game IS NOT the Waverly Tigers game ... they like to push the ball at all times in transition or taking the ball out of bounds after made shots ... I had them for 18 points in transition ! they forced 18 Piketon turnovers in the game ... as a team the Tigers went off for 44 points in the paint ... a team that can dictate the tempo, handle pressure, take care of the ball will have the best opportunity against the Waverly "tracksters" ... the Tigers HAVE TO HAVE some awesome relay times !

Scorers for Waverly that night .... Cade Marquez 19, Easton Wolf 19, Clayton Howell 17 (those were the big scorers)
Only 4/17 from 3 Point land ...
TOs 16
PntP 44
Points in Transition ... 18

... if Waverly is allowed to "run" THEIR game they have a shot vs anyone BUT with a little tempo control, hit your own shots/control the Tiger ability to get out in Transition ... as most teams that have speed and rely on the transition game defensively the Tigers overplay the passing lanes ...

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Thanks PFloyd

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Dundas wrote:

... Dundas would that State Title have an asterisk after it ? just asking ... :D

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Butt Hurt? Really. You VC guys are a little sensitive aren't you. Maybe this will make you feel better.

VC is the best high school team I have ever seen.

Hope that keeps your egos fed.

Just HS basketball, have a little fun with it.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Sports-nut wrote:
hateraid wrote:IMO this is the most lopsided D II game at the Convo. I'd be surprised if VC's starters see more than 2-3 mins in the 4th quarter. As I said in a different thread .... I feel Waverly fans are mistaking a good game vs Gallia will translate to a "w" against VC. Gallia and VC are light years apart when it comes to talent.
Your lopsided opinion is based on what? Have you seen the Tigers play?
Saw both games vs Oak Hill. Anymore questions??

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

pfloyd wrote:
Dundas wrote:

... Dundas would that State Title have an asterisk after it ? just asking ... :D

Lol yes, yes it would. I suppose we can go ahead and finish the tournament and try to earn it the right way....if we must.. :roll:

Tigerfan92
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan92 »

Waverly has nothing to lose. Go out, play hard, take some chances and you never know. If the 3 ball is fallin I think Waverly stays in this game. If it's close at the end I think VC may start thinking a little bit and that's when upsets happen. VC probably wins 8 or 9 times out of 10. Just never know when that 1 or 2 times out of 10 will happen.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Waverly didn't play Chillicothe this year??? Just down the road, figured they would schedule each other.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

hateraid wrote:
Sports-nut wrote:
hateraid wrote:IMO this is the most lopsided D II game at the Convo. I'd be surprised if VC's starters see more than 2-3 mins in the 4th quarter. As I said in a different thread .... I feel Waverly fans are mistaking a good game vs Gallia will translate to a "w" against VC. Gallia and VC are light years apart when it comes to talent.
Your lopsided opinion is based on what? Have you seen the Tigers play?
Saw both games vs Oak Hill. Anymore questions??
So you're basing your lopsided opinion on two single digit point losses to one of the best teams in southern Ohio? Oh I see your you're idiotic logic now. :lol:

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

You asked if I'd seen waverly play. You got your answer. We will see who the idiot is Saturday night when you're sleeping on a wet pillow from all your tears. Waverly just don't have the depth or talent based on what I saw. Sorry truth hurts sometimes. Just be happy to see a game at the convo although it will be over before you get your first hot dog down.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Wow I guess you can't read either. Check my post again. I asked two questions. Are from Wheelersburg, cause you act like one of them?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Excited to see Waverly play at the convo again. Such a fun place to watch a game or two. The nice seats alone are enough to entice me to make the trip.

Waverly is the underdog. There's no disputing that. But we'll bring a big crowd, our kids will play hard and we'll see what happens. No one gave us much of a chance when we won a district championship just a few years ago.

I've been reading and posting on this site for several years. Here's what I've noticed. When discussing an upcoming game most of the fans from both schools are somewhat guarded and even humble in their comments. It's usually a kid or someone from another school that stirs the pot or makes crass comments.

One question. This game is scheduled to begin at 7:00. Are there earlier games at the convo Saturday?

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Our game is at 7 and Logan Elm and Unioto play afterwards at 8:15. Didn't see any earlier games posted.

Return to “Boys Basketball”