Riding the Bench

Re: 1/27 Athens @ Vinton County

Post by SkiPopLover »

After 3, VC leads 65-37. No typo.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SkiPopLover wrote:After 3, VC leads 65-37. No typo.
VC won 2nd + 3rd quarters 51-21

SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Post by SkiPopLover »

VC was down by 2 after the first quarter.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bartoe with 37 points with only 13 FG attempts

SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Post by SkiPopLover »

VC wins 85-52. Big attitude difference after the loss to Alexander.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote:Bartoe with 37 points with only 13 FG attempts
Is that a school record?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Raider6309 wrote:
Is that a school record?
No

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Dundas wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:
Is that a school record?
No
Not even a school record for points per shot attempt? Seems like it should be. How many free throws made?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mhs95_06 wrote:
Dundas wrote:
Raider6309 wrote: Is that a school record?
No
Not even a school record for points per shot attempt? Seems like it should be. How many free throws made?
Made 11/13 FG

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It was close for a little while but once VC got hot Athens stood no chance. It's hard to stay in the game when your best player is riding the bench with 4 fouls!
Great atmosphere!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Listening online and the game got away before the 4th foul.

thebarlowbandit
All State

93, was the game as bad a beat down as you made it sound last night, just caught the end of the 3rd and the 4th.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Listening online and the game got away before the 4th foul.
Correct. VC stretched to a 12 point lead at the half and continued to build that lead early in the 3rd, but what I was implying was that with your best player on the bench you are dashing any hopes of and kind of comeback. I don't think Athens had a realistic shot at coming back in that game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thebarlowbandit wrote:93, was the game as bad a beat down as you made it sound last night, just caught the end of the 3rd and the 4th.
It was 85-52. That's a 33-point win. Not sure I made it sound like anything except what it was.

The frustrating part for Athens fans is - for a quarter and a half, they looked and played as well as VC. Even led after the first frame. But the game ended up being a microcosm of the entire season: look great one minute, bad the next. Athens was terrific versus Fairland, put four good quarters together and should have won the game in regulation. Three days later they play their worst game and lose to New Lex. Played a pretty good first half versus Warren, ended up losing by 20. I really thought Athens had the depth, the talent and the player (Griff) to contend with VC for a league title. Two games versus the Vikings ... 163-111 in favor of VC.

I just don't get it. I have no answer.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:93, was the game as bad a beat down as you made it sound last night, just caught the end of the 3rd and the 4th.
It was 85-52. That's a 33-point win. Not sure I made it sound like anything except what it was.

The frustrating part for Athens fans is - for a quarter and a half, they looked and played as well as VC. Even led after the first frame. But the game ended up being a microcosm of the entire season: look great one minute, bad the next. Athens was terrific versus Fairland, put four good quarters together and should have won the game in regulation. Three days later they play their worst game and lose to New Lex. Played a pretty good first half versus Warren, ended up losing by 20. I really thought Athens had the depth, the talent and the player (Griff) to contend with VC for a league title. Two games versus the Vikings ... 163-111 in favor of VC.

The answers are there if you look hard enough. Look at Statistics/Numbers and the Current Roster and You will have your answer 93Budog-And that is all I will say at this Point. You see the players on the court-but there is so
Much more-It is a Microcosm of Dynamics-The Direct results of things that happen behind the Scenes....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Well, I don't have the luxury of knowing what goes on behind the scenes. And the only stats I keep are points, rebounds and turnovers - so I can't really dissect statistics either. I can only go on what I see on the court night in and night out.

SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Post by SkiPopLover »

I've only been able to watch Athens twice this year (both games against VC) & their biggest issue is their 3 point shooting. They rebound well & get a decent amount of offensive rebounds, but lack 3 point shooting. In the two games I've watched, I haven't seen a consistent 3 point shooter. If Lutz had that like Bartoe does, he'd have more room to drive into the paint & do Griffin Lutz things.

Tough to matchup against VC no matter who you are. Jones & Yates (who are the 2nd & 3rd best players on our team) would be the star at 90%+ of the schools in this area. So it's hard to judge Athens on the defensive end for me due to only watching them play VC.

thebarlowbandit
All State

VisionQuest wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:

The answers are there if you look hard enough. Look at Statistics/Numbers and the Current Roster and You will have your answer 93Budog-And that is all I will say at this Point. You see the players on the court-but there is so
Much more-It is a Microcosm of Dynamics-The Direct results of things that happen behind the Scenes....

Isn't that coaching? Directing the ship, managing the players, setting rules and holding people accountable

thebarlowbandit
All State

So Visionquest, I must ask, (got a PM, telling me that all the parents but one signed a petition), were you one of the many who signed a petition to make this hire happen???? If so, you having buyers remorse?? And if there was never a petition, I will gladly retract my post and name the person who sent this to me. But this is a well verified and long time poster.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Millennials millenials millenials millenials

Return to “Boys Basketball”