D2 Logan Sectional

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Re: The D2 Logan Sectional

Post by ShoeHorn »

93Bulldog wrote:tvc fan

Teams in bold are teams that are in - or have been in - Pfloyds elite 8.
Logan made it in once..

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Bball4 wrote:I guess my question is why is Fairfield Union not in the topic of being able to get to the regionals. This is a very good, well rounded team. They play a tough schedule with very tough games still to come. Some of the teams that are being talked about as in Sheridan, New Lex, Logan Elm and Unioto -- FU beat them all. Sometimes it seems that they don't get much respect in the SE. Yes my kid plays for them and I am a little biased but they are pretty good and I think they can compete with anyone in the SE.

Personally I think most on here definitely respect FU, especially Woodside. Problem is most on here won't actually see FU play until tourney time, so most don't have a reason to chime in. It's this way with FU in pretty much every sport. FU would need to use their non conference to schedule teams from the SE, so more would see them, BUT I would not make that move. Fu's non conference schedule, playing good teams from the Central, is what they need to continue to do!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bball4 wrote:I guess my question is why is Fairfield Union not in the topic of being able to get to the regionals. This is a very good, well rounded team. They play a tough schedule with very tough games still to come. Some of the teams that are being talked about as in Sheridan, New Lex, Logan Elm and Unioto -- FU beat them all. Sometimes it seems that they don't get much respect in the SE. Yes my kid plays for them and I am a little biased but they are pretty good and I think they can compete with anyone in the SE.
The Falcons are a very good team and anybody who overlooks them will get knocked off. They are talented and very well coached and will likely be the 2/3 seed at Logan where I believe that they will advance. I also think that they would be favored over anyone but Vinton County out of teams from the SE in D2. I just think that they are so far North and in a league that doesn't get a lot of talk on here that people just tend to forget about them unless they have seen them in person.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I didn't forget about FU.

I do, however, think Fairfield Union vs Warren would be a 'pick em' in Vegas. lol

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

93Bulldog wrote:I didn't forget about FU.

I do, however, think Fairfield Union vs Warren would be a 'pick em' in Vegas. lol

I feel like Warren and FU always play in the tourney , so I fully expect this to happen. Even played in the tourney when I was in school. Easily the most physical game I ever played in

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

There is a part of me that wants FU to get credit and then there is the other part of me that wants FU to fly under the radar. None the less FU can pkay. Several big games coming down the pipe in the next 2 weeks! I look forward to seeing what they are really made of.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Just some interesting Numbers.

Boys Enrollment Numbers

Marietta-----------302
Warren ------------290
Athens ------------286
Sheridan ----------269
Vinton County ---263
Fairfield Union---244
Logan Elm -------231
New Lexington ---220
Meigs --------------196

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

tvc_fan wrote:Just some interesting Numbers.

Boys Enrollment Numbers

Marietta-----------302
Warren ------------290
Athens ------------286
Sheridan ----------269
Vinton County ---263
Fairfield Union---244
Logan Elm -------231
New Lexington ---220
Meigs --------------196
Makes VC and FU look even more impressive.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Ironman92 wrote:

Boys Enrollment Numbers

Marietta-----------302
Warren ------------290
Athens ------------286
Sheridan ----------269
Vinton County ---263
Fairfield Union---244
Logan Elm -------231
New Lexington ---220
Meigs --------------196
Yes it does.

If I'm not mistaken, hasn't the recount already taken place that happens every 2 years? I'm pretty sure Meigs will go back down to D3, This years Senior Class was a big one.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

tvc_fan wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

Boys Enrollment Numbers

Marietta-----------302
Warren ------------290
Athens ------------286
Sheridan ----------269
Vinton County ---263
Fairfield Union---244
Logan Elm -------231
New Lexington ---220
Meigs --------------196
Yes it does.

If I'm not mistaken, hasn't the recount already taken place that happens every 2 years? I'm pretty sure Meigs will go back down to D3, This years Senior Class was a big one.
Who knows. It depends on how the competitive balance effects things. I like to consider myself intelligent about those things and I can't figure it out at all lol

It looks like a lot of schools could make a move one way or another. I could see Chillicothe jumping back to D1, while Fairland and Zane Trace could be a couple of new D2 schools.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

danicalifornia wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:
Yes it does.

Who knows. It depends on how the competitive balance effects things. I like to consider myself intelligent about those things and I can't figure it out at all lol

It looks like a lot of schools could make a move one way or another. I could see Chillicothe jumping back to D1, while Fairland and Zane Trace could be a couple of new D2 schools.
Yeah I don't understand the whole competitive Balance thing, I mean Meigs can't compete in D4 Region 16 Football, D2 Basketball is pretty tough.
We stand our ground in Baseball though.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Every team in this area will drop in enrollment with CB. Even the purposely had Athens down 7. Logan was down 40. City schools will increase. So Meigs could be D3 next year and Tri-Valley could be D2

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Raider6309 wrote:Every team in this area will drop in enrollment with CB. Even the purposely had Athens down 7. Logan was down 40. City schools will increase. So Meigs could be D3 next year and Tri-Valley could be D2
I'm curious when they will release the enrollment figures on OHSAA. Not sure if they wait til school is out or not, I don't think they used to.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

May or June unless they push it back again

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

tvc_fan wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Every team in this area will drop in enrollment with CB. Even the purposely had Athens down 7. Logan was down 40. City schools will increase. So Meigs could be D3 next year and Tri-Valley could be D2
I'm curious when they will release the enrollment figures on OHSAA. Not sure if they wait til school is out or not, I don't think they used to.
It'll be a while, maybe May/June just so they can get the football regions set quicker. Basketball divisions won't be out until at least August (even though it should all be at one time)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Convo video board

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw where the convo will be getting upgraded here soon. One upgrade is a 1.85 million dollar video board
http://www.athensnews.com/news/campus/o ... 80ae7.html

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

There is a topic about FU-Carroll on another thread.

We don't have many followers of MSL basketball here on the board. I try to give props to the different programs, but I mostly work with LE and Circleville. I have seen Fairfield Union play twice this season, and they are one of the best D2 teams in our district. Once they get Conley fully incorporated in the lineup, the Falcons are going to be pretty solid.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

danicalifornia wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:
Yes it does.

Everytime I think I'm figuring out the competitive Balance and what I think will happen, something comes up on a forum topic about it(here or other places) and then I'm lost again.
Last edited by Falcon01 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Falcon01
S

Re: Convo video board

Post by Falcon01 »

Raider6309 wrote:Saw where the convo will be getting upgraded here soon. One upgrade is a 1.85 million dollar video board
http://www.athensnews.com/news/campus/o ... 80ae7.html
A video board is needed so badly at the convo.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

New Lex beats Maysville by 1 last night-They lost to Morgan by 1 and beat Athens by 9-Was this the Same Maysville that VC obliterated last week??-Alex upsets VC-A lot of Head scratching going on-I better switch to Anti-Dandruff shampoo the way this season is Shaking out-LOL

Return to “Boys Basketball”