DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

js7_22
Varsity

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by js7_22 »

4 vs 5 is in fact a sectional final. It's the only way to get the games to even out correctly. But I do agree they need to switch some seeds around. Highest seeds should be rewarded for their season play.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Ironman92 wrote:
Eaglepapaw wrote:
Mailman wrote:^^^^ I know the 4/5 doesn't matter because they play each other. But just thought it funny Beaverlover has Clay over ND. But any of top 7/8 could win it!
I don't understand why 4 & 5 should have to play each other. 1,2,3 get byes 4 should play 11,5 should play 10, 6 should play 9 and 7 should play 8. Penalizing 4 & 5 teams for having decent seasons JMO
4 vs 5 is a sectional final isn't it? They get byes from the sectional semi round...just like 1-3 seeds.
Thanks I see that now looking at the brackets from the girls sectional.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

My last prediction before it's announced

1 East
2 Eastern
3 Notre Dame
4 Peebles
5 Clay
6 South Webster
7 Western
8 Fairfield Leesburg
9 Manchester
10 Whiteoak
11 New Boston

I just don't see the SOC schools respecting Peebles wins that much since the SHAL is so down this year. And trust me, I think Peebles is a daggon good ball club. Just my prediction!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Word has it that SHAL teams are voting Clay the #1 seed. I see SHAL teams working together to get as many conference teams favorable matchup in as they can.

That's the luxury of online voting. You don't have to look anyone in the eye when you put up a stupid vote.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

js7_22 wrote:Word has it that SHAL teams are voting Clay the #1 seed. I see SHAL teams working together to get as many conference teams favorable matchup in as they can.

That's the luxury of online voting. You don't have to look anyone in the eye when you put up a stupid vote.
LOL...that would sure make things interesting.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

js7_22 wrote:Word has it that SHAL teams are voting Clay the #1 seed. I see SHAL teams working together to get as many conference teams favorable matchup in as they can.

That seems like a formidable plan until Clay got smoked by Notre Dame by 16 at home earlier in the week. Clay should pretty much be guaranteed in the 4-5 game because they've put themselves there. 0-2 vs ND, 0-1 vs Eastern, 1-1 vs East who beat ND and Eastern twice so there doesn't seem to be any argument to vote Clay ahead of any of those 3.

The question will be, do they face Peebles in the 4-5? Notre Dame? Or Eastern?

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

art_vandelay wrote:

LOL...that would sure make things interesting.*
I am not sure of the above but I have said there are 5 teams ,East,Eastern,Peebles,Clay and N.D. who all believe they could make a case for the top seeds, not meaning the #1. I would think Webster non-soc 1 team, would view Clay high since Clay beat them on their home floor. Also the Western win against them. Western right there also, after some last second losses against the top teams and Friday win over Eastern . Will be interesting to say the least. Votes for any of the top teams in my opinion is not stupid as several have made cases for their teams. I still believe there will be lower seed winners coming from this sectional. Predictions will flow after the seeds released.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

rosemount guy: I think Clay has a nice team and should be no lower than the 5 seed (I watched them beat Webster on Webster's floor). While most here have Clay around the 4 or 5 seed, the SHL schools could (theoretically and with a straight face) make a case for putting Clay at the 1 seed based on their record. But if it happens, there'd appear to be some shenanigans going on given Clay's results against the other top SOC I schools (1-4).

Was it the D3 girls seedings last year where one school put out a crazy vote and it caused the rest of the seedings to be off as a result? If I recall correctly, word of that came out pretty quick and seopreps outrage was in full force! Hopefully everybody plays it straight up and there won't be a need to determine how each coach voted here.*

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

art_vandelay wrote:rosemount guy: I think Clay has a nice team and should be no lower than the 5 seed (I watched them beat Webster on Webster's floor). While most here have Clay around the 4 or 5 seed, the SHL schools could (theoretically and with a straight face) make a case for putting Clay at the 1 seed based on their record. But if it happens, there'd appear to be some shenanigans going on given Clay's results against the other top SOC I schools (1-4).

Was it the D3 girls seedings last year where one school put out a crazy vote and it caused the rest of the seedings to be off as a result? If I recall correctly, word of that came out pretty quick and seopreps outrage was in full force! Hopefully everybody plays it straight up and there won't be a need to determine how each coach voted here.*
Certainly see your point if a 1-3 win team votes themselves a number 1 as you refer to,but not a team with close to or the best record.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

art_vandelay wrote:rosemount guy: I think Clay has a nice team and should be no lower than the 5 seed (I watched them beat Webster on Webster's floor). While most here have Clay around the 4 or 5 seed, the SHL schools could (theoretically and with a straight face) make a case for putting Clay at the 1 seed based on their record. But if it happens, there'd appear to be some shenanigans going on given Clay's results against the other top SOC I schools (1-4).

Do not take me wrong, I am not saying Clay deserves the 1 seed.Only that it would not be a stupid vote for them to get a higher seed than 5. With that said I agree they will most likely get the 5 seed. The waiting continues.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I thinks it's amazing that Top 6 seeds in this tournament are all great. I honestly can't believe how much attention this thread has reserved and enjoy the back and forth from posters. It hasn't turned ugly like most do.

I would like to think SOC coaches would look out for each other in some way.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote:My last prediction before it's announced

1 East
2 Eastern
3 Notre Dame
4 Peebles
5 Clay
6 South Webster
7 Western
8 Fairfield Leesburg
9 Manchester
10 Whiteoak
11 New Boston

I just don't see the SOC schools respecting Peebles wins that much since the SHAL is so down this year. And trust me, I think Peebles is a daggon good ball club. Just my prediction!
I'll be surprised if Clay plays Peebles

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

js7_22 wrote:I thinks it's amazing that Top 6 seeds in this tournament are all great. I honestly can't believe how much attention this thread has reserved and enjoy the back and forth from posters. It hasn't turned ugly like most do.

I would like to think SOC coaches would look out for each other in some way.
In my years following this the SOC coaches greatly look out for each other....even now as SHAC has as many teams the SOC coaches still seem to control the matchups. Years and years when SW was very good....they'd get matched up with an SHAC team....and when Manchester/Whiteoak were good they'd always get paired up against another SHAC team.

This year and recently the SOC 1 is just as good/better so it's not a big deal. I don't know how you separate the top SOC teams but the SOC will likely determine the matchups again.

I still believe Eastern will be odd man out and Barrick will face Webster or Western. I will be happily surprised if the SOC coaches don't match up (Peebles/SW/Eastern/Western)...I really believe those 4 will play each other in some form.....UNLESS all SHACcoaches work together (but they often don't)

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Can we all take a few minutes to appreciate the hard work of our local district athletic board? Votes turned in Friday night, and are still working vigorously to figure out the ever-so-confusing algorithms involved in tournament seeding.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Anybody have the updated records?

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

bbjunky81 wrote:Can we all take a few minutes to appreciate the hard work of our local district athletic board? Votes turned in Friday night, and are still working vigorously to figure out the ever-so-confusing algorithms involved in tournament seeding.
It's not so much that it takes them a long time to calculate the results or input them. But I'm sure it's more like a time is set just like bracketology unveiling at a certain time.

Believe me, I'm as anxious as everyone.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

I won't whine or complain when the results come out. Just really looking forward to seeing the match ups and seeing some great basketball!!!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

This is the best D4 Sectional in this area in awhile, that's for sure. Before people chronically
complain about seeding and how coaches voted etc, keep in mind ANY of the top 1-8 teams are going to have to play great to get out.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

I think ND will get the shaft and Clay will benefit from the voting.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I agree with you JustPlayBasketball.

Few coaches and assistant coaches I've spoke to have hinted at their picks, and could lead to a weird line up of seeds. Hints the reason why I said SHAL picking Clay as #1 seed. This could screw up the SOC picks if they did in fact want to look out for each other. But then again, you have some coaches that are oblivious to everything around them and will surprise you with their pick, I can see a few SOC coaches surprising/pissing off other coaches.

Return to “Boys Basketball”