THE NEW LOOK OF THE OVC, PART 2.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE OVC, PART 2.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I TELL YOU ALL THESE POSTS THAT BELITTLE IRONTON/COACHES/PLAYERS,ETC. I HOPE THEY TASTE GOOD GOING DOWN.
I'M NOT SEEING ANY IRONTON POSTERS DOING THAT.BUT I PERSONALLY KNOW THIS IS ALL IN FUN, AND WE HAVE GREAT PEOPLE HERE. BUT I'D SURE LIKE TO SEE THE FIGHTING TIGERS UPSET UNDEFEATED BURG, AND PUT SOME BASKETBALL IN THEIR HANDS SATURDAY'S. OLE BAIT IS FEELIN AN UPSET DOWN DEEP IN HIS BONES.
GO TIGERS GO.AND I'M GOING TO TAKE ALOT OF FLACK. BUT I HOPE THE TIGERS COACHING STAFF STAYS INTACT AND GETS SOME TACTICS IRONED OUT, I THINK THEY DESERVE THE CHANCE. LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENED AT ROCK HILL, AND THEIR RESURGENCE.HOME GROWN BOYS KNOW THE COMMUNITY, AND THEIR HEARTS ARE IN THE PROGRAM. DEFENSIVELY WE ARE PRETTY SOLID. THE STAFF NEEDS TO OPEN IT UP OFFENSIVELY. BUT WIN, LOSE OR DRAW. I'M DANG PROUD OF THE FIGHTING TIGERS EFFORTS THIS YEAR AND THE STAFF. I GOTTA FEELING THINGS ARE GETTING BACK TO NORMAL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Good Luck to Rock Hill , Ironton , Peake tonight in there Game. Hope for no injuries and everything left on the field. Go Ovc

You can't handle the truth
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

amen, and i'll second that notion. I'm so proud of all of the ovc teams this year, and the 3 that made the playoffs. and all the other local teams that have extended their season's.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

Ouch! Still proud of our teams!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

looks like hill and tiger town are going down hard. but proud of both of them.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES ON A VERY DECISIVE WIN, AND GOOD LUCK MOVING FORWARDS.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Congrats to the Pirates, they have so much talent, best of luck as they move forward

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well gang obviously we have some work to do as a league to be competitive in football. but I think this is the beginning of something great. our last hope lies with the Chesapeake panthers. and that's a tall task against an awesome Lucasville valley indian team itself. we have to strive to get more players out as a league to provide more depth, we have to adjust to the times coaching wise. we need to get involved in 7 on 7's. we need to start a league wide wrestling team.and more importantly for every player we have. we have to have very stringent tough off season weight programs. congratulations to Albany alexander and wheelersburg on very decisive wins. and good luck to the Chesapeake panthers tionight , league wide we should be pulling for you all. and welcome to the gallipolis blue devils as we have yet another new brother in the ovc.i think this league will be great for everybody involved through the years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

congratulations to the Lucasville valley Indians for a 23-0 shutout of the Chesapeake panthers. congratulations to both teams for a fine year of football. and congratulations to the valley Indians moving forward in week 12. it's obvious the ovc had a banner year placing 3 teams into week 11. it's also painfully obvious we need to get tougher moving forward overall to compete in the playoffs competitively. but we had an exciting year in the ovc. and I hope that league wide the league continues to make strives to up their game in the football side. and also we welcome the gallipolis blue devils to the ovc. this will be a pleasant change of scenery to the French city blue fellers as well.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

hilljack wrote:I think all 3 have a chance to win. I look for an OVC sweep first weekend.

Well, Crap! Wishful thinking i guess :cry: :cry: :cry:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I thought so too jack.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well gang that was an exciting 1st year. I hope they have the banquets like they used to like in the 70's where the champions/co champions had a banquet back in the old SEOAL days.i'm excited about next year and the addition of the guys from the French city of gallipolis, the blue devils.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we won't see the extentsive travel now for games with teams the enrollment size of colleges.but I am confident we keep burg, Ashland and Russell on the schedule. and the league games will fill the remainder of the schedule. I like how it is this way. at least each team has to play every team in the league a season. so it gets to be proven on the field and not by votes limiting co-champions a bit. does the OVC do the ole golden football trophies to the league champs like they did in the SEOAL. if not that would be a neat tradition to start.i have not seen anything yet. but did the have individual honors and coach of the year type stuff, 1sr team, 2nd team, honorable mention, player of the year. if not that was always a neat thing to see in the papers, and would also be a great tradition to start league wide.

I'm excited how this will pan out in the other sports as well.
I think this will be exciting and league wise the tempo will build. all in all, I think it was a great move.

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

How many seniors did each team lose and how big of contributors were they?

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:we won't see the extentsive travel now for games with teams the enrollment size of colleges.but I am confident we keep burg, Ashland and Russell on the schedule. and the league games will fill the remainder of the schedule. I like how it is this way. at least each team has to play every team in the league a season. so it gets to be proven on the field and not by votes limiting co-champions a bit. does the OVC do the ole golden football trophies to the league champs like they did in the SEOAL. if not that would be a neat tradition to start.i have not seen anything yet. but did the have individual honors and coach of the year type stuff, 1sr team, 2nd team, honorable mention, player of the year. if not that was always a neat thing to see in the papers, and would also be a great tradition to start league wide.

I'm excited how this will pan out in the other sports as well.
I think this will be exciting and league wise the tempo will build. all in all, I think it was a great move.
Bait, I sooo wanted Ironton and Ptown to be in the SOC2. I don't care about all the squabbling of years past, there is no edge for any team like Ironton in football and Ptown in BBall anymore. Would have been a great upper league for the kids. Everyone else would say "well, we already play them why do we need to add them?" I agree to a point but Valley, Minford and West and Waverly don't play Ironton in football!!!

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Yes they still give out the big gold football. They have all the awards that any other conference would have. Hope next year I get to see more of the OVC games cause I hate listening to them on the computer here in UdonThani Thailand. Thank God i will be home in time for the state finals.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

praise god you can runner, and be safe.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

anybody in the ovc have any completed schedules for their team.
ironton's should look something like
wheelersburg
Russell, ky
Ashland,ky.
gallipolis
Portsmouth
fairland
coal grove
rock hill
Chesapeake
south point.

I have no idea what exact order it will be.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Order will be reworked with the addition of Gallia to the schedule. I have not seen the new schedule yet though.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'VE NOT EITHER. I WAS MORE INTERESTED IN EVERYBODIES OOC OPPONENTS, THAT'S ALWAYS INTERESTING TO SEE.

Return to “Football”