THE NEW LOOK OF THE OVC, PART 2.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE OVC, PART 2.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I thought so too jack.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well gang that was an exciting 1st year. I hope they have the banquets like they used to like in the 70's where the champions/co champions had a banquet back in the old SEOAL days.i'm excited about next year and the addition of the guys from the French city of gallipolis, the blue devils.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we won't see the extentsive travel now for games with teams the enrollment size of colleges.but I am confident we keep burg, Ashland and Russell on the schedule. and the league games will fill the remainder of the schedule. I like how it is this way. at least each team has to play every team in the league a season. so it gets to be proven on the field and not by votes limiting co-champions a bit. does the OVC do the ole golden football trophies to the league champs like they did in the SEOAL. if not that would be a neat tradition to start.i have not seen anything yet. but did the have individual honors and coach of the year type stuff, 1sr team, 2nd team, honorable mention, player of the year. if not that was always a neat thing to see in the papers, and would also be a great tradition to start league wide.

I'm excited how this will pan out in the other sports as well.
I think this will be exciting and league wise the tempo will build. all in all, I think it was a great move.

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

How many seniors did each team lose and how big of contributors were they?

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:we won't see the extentsive travel now for games with teams the enrollment size of colleges.but I am confident we keep burg, Ashland and Russell on the schedule. and the league games will fill the remainder of the schedule. I like how it is this way. at least each team has to play every team in the league a season. so it gets to be proven on the field and not by votes limiting co-champions a bit. does the OVC do the ole golden football trophies to the league champs like they did in the SEOAL. if not that would be a neat tradition to start.i have not seen anything yet. but did the have individual honors and coach of the year type stuff, 1sr team, 2nd team, honorable mention, player of the year. if not that was always a neat thing to see in the papers, and would also be a great tradition to start league wide.

I'm excited how this will pan out in the other sports as well.
I think this will be exciting and league wise the tempo will build. all in all, I think it was a great move.
Bait, I sooo wanted Ironton and Ptown to be in the SOC2. I don't care about all the squabbling of years past, there is no edge for any team like Ironton in football and Ptown in BBall anymore. Would have been a great upper league for the kids. Everyone else would say "well, we already play them why do we need to add them?" I agree to a point but Valley, Minford and West and Waverly don't play Ironton in football!!!

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Yes they still give out the big gold football. They have all the awards that any other conference would have. Hope next year I get to see more of the OVC games cause I hate listening to them on the computer here in UdonThani Thailand. Thank God i will be home in time for the state finals.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

praise god you can runner, and be safe.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

anybody in the ovc have any completed schedules for their team.
ironton's should look something like
wheelersburg
Russell, ky
Ashland,ky.
gallipolis
Portsmouth
fairland
coal grove
rock hill
Chesapeake
south point.

I have no idea what exact order it will be.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Order will be reworked with the addition of Gallia to the schedule. I have not seen the new schedule yet though.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'VE NOT EITHER. I WAS MORE INTERESTED IN EVERYBODIES OOC OPPONENTS, THAT'S ALWAYS INTERESTING TO SEE.

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

Cg- valley, west
Ches- oak hill, alexander, symmes valley
Rh- northwest, oak hill
Sp- river valley, boyd, minford
Ironton- burg
Gallia- meigs, river valley, marietta
Ports- burg, west

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

If I had to guess, I'd say Portsmouths schedule will look something similar to this

Week 1:@ Valley (This is just speculation)
Week 2: @ West
Week 3: @ Burg
Week 4: vs. Rock Hill
Week 5: vs. Gallia
Week 6: @ Coal Grove
Week 7: @ Chesapeake
Week 8: vs. Fairland
Week 9: @ South Point
Week 10: vs. Ironton
Weeks 2-10 are correct from OHSAA website, just me guessing week 1 will be against Valley.

Who Dey!
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The first football season of the new look OVC was a competitive success. New and rekindled rivalries. Just wait for round ball season .

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Looks like we had a good shown in the SEO All Dist Team. Congrates to all those young men who made it. Hard work dose pay off.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Cg- valley, west
Ches- oak hill, alexander, symmes valley
Rh- northwest, oak hill
Sp- river valley, boyd, minford
Ironton- burg
Gallia- meigs, river valley, marietta
Ports- burg, west

ironton's would be burg, Russell ky, and Ashland, ky.and thanks for the info.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes I saw that list on facebook myself, quite impressive.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Omega wrote:The first football season of the new look OVC was a competitive success. New and rekindled rivalries. Just wait for round ball season .
it really was exciting. I agree. and I think it will get better through the years football wise. all the other sports are just going to be a toss up as to who wins. because the parity should be sweet.

Bucs33
Waterboy

Post by Bucs33 »

I think this years games was very competitive on any give night u could have each team beating each other but the tigers got on a roll and they couldn't b stopped so cudos to them but I think the days of one team dominating r over for the most part and one last thing . It was probably the most entertaining football season that I can remember!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well it was a 1st for me as well. and I think the parity will improve league wise in football.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Here are my predictions for next season...(Football that is)
1. This is will be Coal Grove and Chesapeake's league to win next season as I believe they will bring back the most under classman.
2. However, Ironton is still the team to beat. Until one or multiple county schools finally do it that is my opinion.
3. Hopefully Rock Hill's base has truly been woke up and can stay excited...get more kids out to play (get those #'s up)...and this group of ball players can be remembered as the foundation of a sustained success. This district has some ball players coming......
4. Fairland and South Point will improve....whether is shows in the win loss column will only be seen. Hopefully though each of these programs start to see some stability and growth....
5. We will get to finally see the true updated version of the OVC with Gallia coming in the mix...I know they have been down, however, they will be, by far, the largest district in the conference....
6. The real wildcard in my opinion is Portsmouth...We all know they have athletes roaming those hall...they also have players coming, just don't know if they contribute immediately or will have to wait another year or two...

All in All it is improving leaps and bounds....hopefully we can see that improvement show up in the playoffs sooner than later.....GO OVC!!!!

Return to “Football”