WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by noreply66 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:32 pm
SEO95 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:58 pm Ironton lost to a bad Burg team. How did that happen.
They were outcoached, under-prepared and rested on their laurels all year.
I wouldn't go as far as saying Ironton was out coached. Out played maybe. Two INTs that allowed Burg 10 points and if I remember they were on their side of the field or returned to Ironton's side. It looked a lot like it just wasn't Ironton night. Both defenses played a good game and most of the time defense wins the game.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

And to think he didn’t have to use common core math to come up with those nimbers

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:33 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:15 pm
Fan Friday wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:31 pm If I am correct, Ironton beat Burg the first game of the season, 40-6 (I think) with a running clock. Then Burg beat Ironton by 3 points 17-14 last night. If you add up their points from last night with the first game they are still 54-23. Just an observation.
But their 2021 records are 1-1 against each other.
According to the story in the paper on Saturday this was the 4th playoff meeting between the two schools and Wheelersburg now has a 3 game win streak in the playoffs over the Tigers. Ironton won in 1995 and Wheelersburg in 2014 and 2015 and 2021.
I was just trying help him with a little easier math... 😂😂😂

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:13 pm
SEO95 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:58 pm Ironton lost to a bad Burg team. How did that happen.
I wouldn't go as far as saying Ironton was out coached. Out played maybe. Two INTs that allowed Burg 10 points and if I remember they were on their side of the field or returned to Ironton's side. It looked a lot like it just wasn't Ironton night. Both defenses played a good game and most of the time defense wins the game.
I'd say outcoached. Ironton has all those d1 commits and can't beat burg with none? Outcoached absolutely. You mentioned burg with 2 picks. Why even throw it if you're pendleton? Picks aren't thrown if you don't call it. Pendleton is a good recruiter but an average coach.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Fan Friday wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:07 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:59 pm
Fan Friday wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:31 pm If I am correct, Ironton beat Burg the first game of the season, 40-6 (I think) with a running clock. Then Burg beat Ironton by 3 points 17-14 last night. If you add up their points from last night with the first game they are still 54-23. Just an observation.

Good job Skippy!! Someone get him a gold star for his math scores.

Probably the dumbest post I’ve ever read on here.
Oh it couldn’t be the dumbest! I’ve read your post for years!
Your post was the dumbest. You win the espy for dumbest post.

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

Just an observation, but this is a complete loser’s mentality. You must be into participation trophies. Probably a county transplant parent.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BURG got better throughout the year. The other team didn't. That's coaching.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

Ironton thumped their chest all season long on the internet and only beat up tiny bad ovc schools. They barely escaped Jackson on luck. Barely escaped Fairland with luck. Refs helped them keep things respectful vs Moe. They beat a average portsmouth twice and a horrible Wellston. When they met back up with a motivated team that could match up with them they folded. Like they always do in the post season. Irontons legendary status is supported mostly by beating up below average tiny local teams. They pretend to be a powerhouse and it's all smoke in mirrors. The post season and good teams are their kryptonite. They didn't look good offensively unless they were playing tiny ovc teams that can barely field a program. And the Ironton fan base in their misplaced enthusiasm have only served to prop up the employment viability of a young ambitious coach that couldn't finish despite his unethical methods. He will be leaving you sooner rather than later and from what I understand next season Irontons fans can enjoy watching their former highest rated recruit suit up as a Tomcat or a Pirate.

Overrated. Overinflated. Overblown.

Paper tigers.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211113-231631_Chrome.jpg
Last edited by Paper Tigers on Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

Ironton vs Burg in playoffs 1 - 3 all time
Pendleton 0 - 2 vs Ashland
Blown out twice on biggest stage by Kirtland. 0 - 2

Don't believe the hype!!

#overrated
Last edited by Paper Tigers on Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:13 pm

Same as in the first game. Turnovers dictated the outcome. Burg was inside the 10 going to cut the score to 14-10 and Ironton had the pick 6. Totally changed the game. You could just see the disappointment in the Burg's faces as they left the field. They were down 18 instead of 4 and that game was over right there. Turnovers gave Ironton a short field at least twice. Turnovers gave Burg a short field last night. The first game was pretty meaningless. Sure, bragging rights for the season, which Ironton peeps talked about all season on how bad they beat Burg while Burg peeps talked about how it would be a different game if played again. Looks like the latter panned out.

You can say all night that it just wasn't Ironton's night and I think Burg had 100% of causing that. Burg hit them hard on defense and just got stronger as the game went on. How many times has Ironton been stopped on a 4th and less that 1 yard over the last 4 years??? My guess is probably once. Last night!!!

I just don't feel Burg is getting a lot of credit for this victory. More on the lines that Ironton didn't play there best game. that is true and it's called Burg's defense. They are just flat nasty!!!

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Paper Tigers wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:33 pm Ironton thumped their chest all season long on the internet and only beat up tiny bad ovc schools. They barely escaped Jackson on luck. Barely escaped Fairland with luck. Refs helped them keep things respectful vs Moe. They beat a average portsmouth twice and a horrible Wellston. When they met back up with a motivated team that could match up with them they folded. Like they always do in the post season. Irontons legendary status is supported mostly by beating up below average tiny local teams. They pretend to be a powerhouse and it's all smoke in mirrors. The post season and good teams are their kryptonite. They didn't look good offensively unless they were playing tiny ovc teams that can barely field a program. And the Ironton fan base in their misplaced enthusiasm have only served to prop up the employment viability of a young ambitious coach that couldn't finish despite his unethical methods. He will be leaving you sooner rather than later and from what I understand next season Irontons fans can enjoy watching their former highest rated recruit suit up as a Tomcat or a Pirate.

Paper tigers.
I think you have Ironton confused with Massilon, Ironton does have some state championships to their name

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

Kicker. wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:11 pm
Paper Tigers wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:33 pm Ironton thumped their chest all season long on the internet and only beat up tiny bad ovc schools. They barely escaped Jackson on luck. Barely escaped Fairland with luck. Refs helped them keep things respectful vs Moe. They beat a average portsmouth twice and a horrible Wellston. When they met back up with a motivated team that could match up with them they folded. Like they always do in the post season. Irontons legendary status is supported mostly by beating up below average tiny local teams. They pretend to be a powerhouse and it's all smoke in mirrors. The post season and good teams are their kryptonite. They didn't look good offensively unless they were playing tiny ovc teams that can barely field a program. And the Ironton fan base in their misplaced enthusiasm have only served to prop up the employment viability of a young ambitious coach that couldn't finish despite his unethical methods. He will be leaving you sooner rather than later and from what I understand next season Irontons fans can enjoy watching their former highest rated recruit suit up as a Tomcat or a Pirate.

Paper tigers.
I think you have Ironton confused with Massilon, Ironton does have some state championships to their name
And once upon a time we used typewriters.
#overrated

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Paper tigers.
Hilarious but very true. Love the picture too! You should see what his brother posted on Facebook very sincere.😂😂😂

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

TigerMania wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:30 pm

Paper tigers.
Hilarious but very true. Love the picture too! You should see what his brother posted on Facebook what a joke!
I seen it. Chalked full of empty platitudes. Since Ironton can't win big games hopefully those empty platitudes keep the fans warm while they ignore their student athletes that play basketball and never get hyped or a fb page devoted to them or a happy birthday post.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Paper tigers.

Stupid post. Who cares how they beat Jackson, a win is a win. Jackson was a good team, not like they like a bad team beat them. Same with Fairland, they were a good team, not like it was a bad win. Portsmouth also a good team. Beat them twice. You act like these teams were a bunch of 4-6 teams who barely snuck in as a 16 seed. All of them won playoff games. Burg was a better team last night, but don’t sit here and discredit what Ironton did the rest of the season. But I’m not shocked, you also like to start rumors. Hate that people like you can even post on forums like this, what a loser!

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:02 pm

Paper tigers.

Stupid post. Who cares how they beat Jackson, a win is a win. Jackson was a good team, not like they like a bad team beat them. Same with Fairland, they were a good team, not like it was a bad win. Portsmouth also a good team. Beat them twice. You act like these teams were a bunch of 4-6 teams who barely snuck in as a 16 seed. All of them won playoff games. Burg was a better team last night, but don’t sit here and discredit what Ironton did the rest of the season. But I’m not shocked, you also like to start rumors. Hate that people like you can even post on forums like this, what a loser!
When the lights are bright, Ironton folds.
It's what they do.
1 -3 all time vs Burg in playoffs.
#overrated

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

[media][/media]

Paper tigers.
Hilarious but very true. Love the picture too! You should see what his brother posted on Facebook very sincere.😂😂😂

What a sad supporter of our team and fan base. It’s about time you find another team to root for. The new staff has completely turned a program around that was dying and all you do is run them in the ground and you admitted weeks ago you know nothing about them. So that makes you a loser. I think everyone on this site knows your problem with the program. Good riddance to Tigermania.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:18 pm [media][/media]

Paper tigers.

What a sad supporter of our team and fan base. It’s about time you find another team to root for. The new staff has completely turned a program around that was dying and all you do is run them in the ground and you admitted weeks ago you know nothing about them. So that makes you a loser. I think everyone on this site knows your problem with the program. Good riddance to Tigermania.
You throw a guy out for his opinion? Wow. Ironton fans fold quicker than the team in a big game.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Paper tigers.

They are obviously not a supporter or a fan.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:35 pm

They are obviously not a supporter or a fan. My guess is a parent of a player who has probably graduated recently that didn't get the position they wanted, or their kid transferred out because they didn't get what they wanted. etc... someone who is obviously miserable, and carries a lot of jealousy and bitterness. Very sad to see something eat someone up inside to that extent.
Is that why that highly rated Ironton recruit is transferring out to burg or ashland?

Return to “Football”