What's going on at Warren?

beg003
All Conference

Re: What's going on at Warren?

Post by beg003 »

MOVSPORTS wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:44 pm
beg003 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:30 pm
MOVSPORTS wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:00 pm

I’d argue Warren lost their best assistant and their two best players so when I sit back and analyze what’s happening at Warren. I don’t think anyone can confidently say Warren is in a better place today with changes that were made. That’s not even counting the other 4-5 other players who could have contributed at the varsity level this year that were supposed to return but didn’t for some reason. I honestly don’t know how anyone could possibly be happy with the lack of talent and depth the program possesses 3 years after making a playoff push. So if you think losing good talent and experienced coaching is the recipe to win games I’d say you’re wrong.

And your solution would be? I strongly disagree with several of your points but I want to hear what you would do to fix the “problems.”
Find the nerve to explain to me what points you strongly disagree with.?
I’d be happy to. First, we didn’t lose one of our best assistants. Ask the 2020 team you referenced. Their answers would shoot some holes in that theory. If mentality and philosophies don’t mix, the HC can keep or get rid of whoever he wants. That experience you mentioned got them shut out of the biggest game in school history at St. Clairsville. We played well enough defensively to win the game, but that offensive gameplan was terrible. Second, we lost our best player (I agree there) and all the others, to me, are replaceable. This year was going to be run heavy anyway. Throwing the ball 30 times a game isn’t happening anymore. Sealey is better suited to the offense. He’s more mobile and can move in the pocket. If that hurts your feelings, I’m sorry, but that’s my opinion. I do agree that the lack of depth is concerning right now, but I’m not an overly concerned about it long term. No one ever likes to see players leave, but we lost one really good player and a few other serviceable ones. Now that I’ve explained my point of view, I’d like to hear your solution, please.

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

beg003 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:56 pm
And your solution would be? I strongly disagree with several of your points but I want to hear what you would do to fix the “problems.”
I’d be happy to. First, we didn’t lose one of our best assistants. Ask the 2020 team you referenced. Their answers would shoot some holes in that theory. If mentality and philosophies don’t mix, the HC can keep or get rid of whoever he wants. That experience you mentioned got them shut out of the biggest game in school history at St. Clairsville. We played well enough defensively to win the game, but that offensive gameplan was terrible. Second, we lost our best player (I agree there) and all the others, to me, are replaceable. This year was going to be run heavy anyway. Throwing the ball 30 times a game isn’t happening anymore. Sealey is better suited to the offense. He’s more mobile and can move in the pocket. If that hurts your feelings, I’m sorry, but that’s my opinion. I do agree that the lack of depth is concerning right now, but I’m not an overly concerned about it long term. No one ever likes to see players leave, but we lost one really good player and a few other serviceable ones. Now that I’ve explained my point of view, I’d like to hear your solution, please.
So you lost your best player and your multi year starting QB and 5-6 other serviceable players and you don’t see an issue with that? That’s what I’d change about your program.
Instead of running kids out of the program keep the serviceable kids because you’re only as good as your weakest link, That’s really simple actually.

& For what you have to say about the former coach sounds/feels personal and unwarranted bc you just admitted his offense led you the deepest into the playoffs Warren has ever seen even if it didn’t produce that game bad games happen nobody is perfect.

Warrens should have minimum of 40-45 kids out what did you field this year 30?
What did you field last year?

Also, I personally wouldn’t trade a two year starter in that has family known for stellar QB play but considering your hate toward the former coach I understand it more.(idiot move)

My issue isn’t with assistant coaches being there or not being there. The HC has that right to dismiss anyone he pleases I 100 percent agree with that. (even though Coach Tyler didn’t get dismissed he retired) My issue is with not having the numbers and depth Warren should have bc someone is fine with players leaving the program and acting like there is a greater plan with all of this at the end of the tunnel. Not having enough kids to field a 9th grade or JV team is alarming and that’s what doesn’t make sense to me?

Why aren’t the kids wanting to play football?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

MOVSPORTS wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:48 pm
So you lost your best player and your multi year starting QB and 5-6 other serviceable players and you don’t see an issue with that? That’s what I’d change about your program.
Instead of running kids out of the program keep the serviceable kids because you’re only as good as your weakest link, That’s really simple actually.

& For what you have to say about the former coach sounds/feels personal and unwarranted bc you just admitted his offense led you the deepest into the playoffs Warren has ever seen even if it didn’t produce that game bad games happen nobody is perfect.

Also, I personally wouldn’t trade a two year starter in that has family known for stellar QB play but considering your hate toward the former coach I understand it more.(idiot move)

My issue isn’t with assistant coaches being there or not being there. The HC has that right to dismiss anyone he pleases I 100 percent agree with that. (even though Coach Tyler didn’t get dismissed he retired) My issue is with not having the numbers and depth Warren should have bc someone is fine with players leaving the program and acting like there is a greater plan with all of this at the end of the tunnel. Not having enough kids to field a 9th grade or JV team is alarming and that’s what doesn’t make sense to me?

I’ll take kids that want to be there and are there for their teammates and to compete, I don’t really care how many there are. If you recall, the defense that year got them to where they were. The offense got the publicity, but the defense was better the whole year, and no one talks about that. If our best player got doubled (like at St C) we had no counter. We can disagree about whether he was a good coach or not, that’s fine. Reasonable minds can differ. And just because your family is known for something, doesn’t mean it automatically makes everyone good. To think otherwise is nepotism defined to a T. It’s nothing personal about who the QB is, the kid they have now is just a better fit for a run-heavy offense. I gave you my opinion, you gave me yours, and we didn’t agree. I’m okay with that.
Last edited by beg003 on Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

beg003 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:12 pm

I’ll take kids that want to be there and are there for their teammates and to compete, I don’t really care how many there are. If you recall, the defense that year got them to where they were. The offense got the publicity, but the defense was better the whole year, and no one talks about that. If our best player got doubled (like at St C) we had no counter. We can disagree about whether he was a good coach or not, that’s fine. Reasonable minds can differ. And just because your family is known for something, doesn’t mean it automatically makes everyone good. To think otherwise is nepotism defined to a T. It’s nothing personal about who the QB is, the kid they have now is just a better fit for a run-heavy offense. I gave you my opinion, you gave me yours, and we didn’t agree. I’m okay with that.
That’s fair.

At some point building the programs numbers need to become priority number 1 again. You can have the greatest coaches in the world but if don’t get your talent and most of your serviceable athletes to play football you’ll probably always be mediocre and that’s just the battle everyone faces right now with this generation. Warren just isn’t capitalizing on the talent they have in that building and that’s just facts. You can say I’ll take what we have and that sounds great and all but having 30 kids over 4 grades 9-12 is shameful when Belpre fielded 25 this year after going 0-10.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

MOVSPORTS wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:43 pm

That’s fair.

At some point building the programs numbers need to become priority number 1 again. You can have the greatest coaches in the world but if don’t get your talent and most of your serviceable athletes to play football you’ll probably always be mediocre and that’s just the battle everyone faces right now with this generation. Warren just isn’t capitalizing on the talent they have in that building and that’s just facts. You can say I’ll take what we have and that sounds great and all but having 30 kids over 4 grades 9-12 is shameful when Belpre fielded 25 this year after going 0-10.
And I agree, the numbers need to come up. Our sophomore and junior classes have good numbers and good players. We had a bad JH coach last year that alienated some kids and we have another small senior class. We have a great guy (former Command Master Sgt. of the Ohio National Guard) coaching JH now. Junior high numbers are good, so the roster should increase next year. And I agree 100% about having the players to compete. Scheme and coaching means very little when the Jimmies and Joes aren’t there. We have some now, we just need a few more. Winning cures a lot of that though.

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

beg003 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:08 pm
MOVSPORTS wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:43 pm
That’s fair.

And I agree, the numbers need to come up. Our sophomore and junior classes have good numbers and good players. We had a bad JH coach last year that alienated some kids and we have another small senior class. We have a great guy (former Command Master Sgt. of the Ohio National Guard) coaching JH now. Junior high numbers are good, so the roster should increase next year. And I agree 100% about having the players to compete. Scheme and coaching means very little when the Jimmies and Joes aren’t there. We have some now, we just need a few more. Winning cures a lot of that though.
Just my 2 cents.....let's skip football and get basketball going.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Fballislife wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:28 pm
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:24 pm
beg003 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:53 pm
I guess I’m confused as to what “letting them leave” means? No sport begs kids to play. If that’s what these kids are after, then it isn’t going to happen. To play or not play is their prerogative. No one forced them to go. They didn’t like the coach and that’s okay. To act like the whole system is broken because 3 or 4 kids decided it wasn’t for them is a bit extreme. But you’re entitled to your opinion, no question. We can disagree and that’s fine.
By saying no one forced them to go is the whole problem. Ask any one of the kids who left if they were or weren’t forced out by something and I’m sure they will all have the same or similar reason. Seniors just don’t quit a sport after playing it for 10+ years, or transfer to other schools to play because they weren’t forced out by something. The last time I checked, there are close to 10-12 kids not playing this year who were on the original summer roster last year. Not just 3-4. It’s a program problem for sure. Just my opinion.

When you sit back and look at which kids chose to sit out this football season I noticed a unique pattern. I might be wrong but from what I’ve seen the kids that are sitting out are the kids of coaches that were let go last season and their close friends. Seems like if this is true then Warren might be getting rid of “daddy ball”. If that’s the case then that’s is a huge step in the right direction.
Until next year when daddy’s son (head coach) is a freshman QB. It will be daddy ball 101!

Fballislife
Waterboy

Post by Fballislife »

MOVSPORTS wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:00 pm

I’d argue Warren lost their best assistant and their two best players so when I sit back and analyze what’s happening at Warren. I don’t think anyone can confidently say Warren is in a better place today with changes that were made. That’s not even counting the other 4-5 other players who could have contributed at the varsity level this year that were supposed to return but didn’t for some reason. I honestly don’t know how anyone could possibly be happy with the lack of talent and depth the program possesses 3 years after making a playoff push. So if you think losing good talent and experienced coaching is the recipe to win games I’d say you’re wrong.

I do agree we lost a few good players. And yes we lost what is labeled as our best player. I love Jason Williams and wish him a healthy season. We only had Williams for 4-5 games out of last season. And we seen a few kids step up and fill that spot last year. This year we have kids that stepped up and filled the spots of all the players that left. I haven’t heard anyone say we are going to win a championship. Also don’t believe we would win a championship with the kids that chose to not return. One major argument is that the kids that are here are developing, getting better at their positions, getting stronger physically and mentally. Warren is heading in the right direction. All Warren needs is for former coaches to quit trying to bring the program down. I honestly believe he is the man for the job.

Fballislife
Waterboy

Post by Fballislife »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:18 pm
Fballislife wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:28 pm
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:24 pm

By saying no one forced them to go is the whole problem. Ask any one of the kids who left if they were or weren’t forced out by something and I’m sure they will all have the same or similar reason. Seniors just don’t quit a sport after playing it for 10+ years, or transfer to other schools to play because they weren’t forced out by something. The last time I checked, there are close to 10-12 kids not playing this year who were on the original summer roster last year. Not just 3-4. It’s a program problem for sure. Just my opinion.

When you sit back and look at which kids chose to sit out this football season I noticed a unique pattern. I might be wrong but from what I’ve seen the kids that are sitting out are the kids of coaches that were let go last season and their close friends. Seems like if this is true then Warren might be getting rid of “daddy ball”. If that’s the case then that’s is a huge step in the right direction.
Until next year when daddy’s son (head coach) is a freshman QB. It will be daddy ball 101!
The crazy thing is we just don’t know yet. His son is a good athlete but he also needs a lot of work and needs to progress. If our QB works with this year’s game plan he may use similar game plan next year. Also depends on how much current QB progresses. The biggest issue is a lot of you are unwilling to give him a chance.

WldKat98
Waterboy

Post by WldKat98 »

beg003 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:56 pm
enigmaax wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:50 pm
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:34 pm

We live in the MOV. The football teams with the majority of “athletes” on them are more successful. Check the rosters around town. Warren has several kids who play multiple sports, just not enough play football. It hurts them when their “athletes” don’t play. I mean they’ve been losing ( in football) for 20 years thinking the way you do.
In that same regard, Warren has been losing football games for 20 years with a certain cultural pattern of thinking about coaching. Change is difficult for some people. You said “new culture coach” earlier as though it’s a bad thing. You say it as though the coach is to blame because kids, maybe some parents, are unwilling to adapt. So what aren’t they adapting to? Accountability? A new scheme? Different rules? A refusal to cater to “this is the way we’ve always done it”?

If you are going to assign blame, at least be forward enough to spell out exactly what it is that these players can’t handle about the coach. Then people can decide for themselves whether it’s “the coach” or if it’s more, “I want to do things my way instead of the coach’s way.” In many cases where change happens, it isn’t really a matter of “fault” and it’s okay to just say there are philosophical differences.
Bingo. Someone from a winning program catering to the way a historically losing program does things doesn’t make much sense.
Just curious.. what BIG winning program are you referring to? can't seem to find it in the stats..
2021 Missouri Military Academy Football (2021) Overall 1-9 0.10 Win %
2020 Missouri Military Academy Football (2020) Overall 5-4 0.56 Win %
https://www.mshsaa.org/MySchool/Activit ... 569&alg=19

Before that... don't see a full season here..
Garden City Community College (Jan 2019-Oct 2019)
Kentucky Christian University (Dec 2018-Jul 2019)
Arizona Western College (Dec 2017-March 2018)

would like to see the success rate, for some reason it's just not out there that I can find...
Last edited by WldKat98 on Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

606FBguy
Waterboy

Post by 606FBguy »

Kentucky guy here! I got some family in Marietta so naturally when our OC takes a head coach gig up there at warren I try and keep up some but all I ever here about is trouble in paradise. (Not that I’m surprised) But after scrolling through this forum and reading everything really solidifies what I’ve been hearing. Which has me still begging the head line question “What’s going on at Warren”?!!!

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Beg003 has gone into hibernation. Warren will finish with the exact same record this season as last (maybe). I’m blaming all those bad coaches who were dismissed for the better ones.

Return to “Football”