TVC Expansion, AGAIN!

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Re: TVC Expansion, AGAIN!

Post by ArmChairQB »

ShoeHorn wrote:Congratulations to Brendan Sano, TVC Ohio Co-Offensive POY!
Is this a joke? If it's true than the POTY award has no meaning at all.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Athens plays Warren in EVERYTHING EVERY year. Makes no difference if its a league game or non league. I could care less if they join or don't join, Athens will still play them every year regardless.
Athens would have zero TVC boys basketball titles if Warren was in the league. ;-)
This is what you get when an idiot has been holding his breath since Aug. Have to cut him some slack. He's been watching junior high football every Friday night. He's sooooooo glad to be able to talk smack again. Also, TVC is good where it's at.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Stone Cold wrote:But... :cry: ..its just not fair... :cry: ... that Athens gets these kids b/c of Ohio University.... :cry:
I was hoping OU would have hire Jeff Boals and Garry Trent would have been an assistant. Not because his kid is a 5 star going to Duke but the massive cry fest from area schools and not TVC schools

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ArmChairQB wrote:
ShoeHorn wrote:Congratulations to Brendan Sano, TVC Ohio Co-Offensive POY!
Is this a joke? If it's true than the POTY award has no meaning at all.
Coaches vote for TVC awards

football2016
Waterboy

Post by football2016 »

Does that mean people will be upset that Johnny Sheets was the TVC Hocking offensive POY this season? If I understand it correctly, any coach regardless of where you finish can put up an offensive or defensive POY candidate and talks about why they were nominated.. And there is an out loud vote in alphabetical order in which every coach casts their ballot?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned or pushed for Oak Hill in the TVC. Somebody mentioned before that Oak Hill to the Ohio, drop South Gallia (who takes Oak Hills spot in the SOC I) and you have two divisions of 8.

I believe the youth football league around here includes Oak Hill. Athens, Nelsonville-York, Alexander, Trimble, Miller, Logan and Oak Hill. They are already competing against the TVC in grades 3-through-6, my as well have them keep playing.

michigan
Waterboy

Post by michigan »

I think last season the first team All State RB who is playing in the FCS Patriot league and can get a fifth year took a lot of the snaps from the shotgun..

His dad is a sports agent but not a football coach. His Godfather is a Div 1 College hoops coach.

BTW SE Ohio and the TVC has some really good football players. Very underrated. Tough hard nosed kids.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:I'm surprised nobody has mentioned or pushed for Oak Hill in the TVC. Somebody mentioned before that Oak Hill to the Ohio, drop South Gallia (who takes Oak Hills spot in the SOC I) and you have two divisions of 8.

I believe the youth football league around here includes Oak Hill. Athens, Nelsonville-York, Alexander, Trimble, Miller, Logan and Oak Hill. They are already competing against the TVC in grades 3-through-6, my as well have them keep playing.
I honestly don't think Oak hill would be interested.
Yes they play in the TCYL, but traveling to Athens or Nelsonville on a Sunday in your mom and dads car doesn't impact the school district.
That could change. You never know.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

93Bulldog wrote:I'm surprised nobody has mentioned or pushed for Oak Hill in the TVC. Somebody mentioned before that Oak Hill to the Ohio, drop South Gallia (who takes Oak Hills spot in the SOC I) and you have two divisions of 8.

Are you kidding me? Lobby to play Oak Hill a school that flips between D5 and D6 that is 10 minutes farther than D3 Warren which is identical in size and has historically competed well in everything but football.

I don't see Oak Hill leaving the SOC where about everyone is of similar size across the board.

Athens in a league with Oak Hill makes zero sense. SMH. Wow.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

But Athens in a league with wellston, river valley, alexander, nelsonville does make sense? They are all the same size as Oak hill my friend...

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Stone Cold wrote:But Athens in a league with wellston, river valley, alexander, nelsonville does make sense? They are all the same size as Oak hill my friend...
My point is here sits Warren with no league, wanting in a league (the TVC league to be specific), and Oak Hill already in a league, and along comes someone lobbying for the school already in a league and half the size of the school that needs a league.

Zero sense, almost comical. In my humble opinion.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

I still don't understand why Logan, Jackson, Athens, Warren, Gallipolis don't reform the SEOAL and play each other. Instead of trying to get into leagues with smaller schools and dominating athletics. It's sad.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Abe Froman wrote:
Stone Cold wrote:But Athens in a league with wellston, river valley, alexander, nelsonville does make sense? They are all the same size as Oak hill my friend...
My point is here sits Warren with no league, wanting in a league (the TVC league to be specific), and Oak Hill already in a league, and along comes someone lobbying for the school already in a league and half the size of the school that needs a league.

Zero sense, almost comical. In my humble opinion.
In that case i agree with you!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Abe Froman wrote:

Are you kidding me? Lobby to play Oak Hill a school that flips between D5 and D6 that is 10 minutes farther than D3 Warren which is identical in size and has historically competed well in everything but football.

I don't see Oak Hill leaving the SOC where about everyone is of similar size across the board.

Athens in a league with Oak Hill makes zero sense. SMH. Wow.
I don't think dog was pushing for Oak Hill to join the league. I think he was just stating he was surprised that no one else has yet.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Stone Cold wrote:I still don't understand why Logan, Jackson, Athens, Warren, Gallipolis don't reform the SEOAL and play each other. Instead of trying to get into leagues with smaller schools and dominating athletics. It's sad.
I think Logan, Warren and Jackson lobbied for that for the last 3 years.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Abe Froman wrote:
Stone Cold wrote:I still don't understand why Logan, Jackson, Athens, Warren, Gallipolis don't reform the SEOAL and play each other. Instead of trying to get into leagues with smaller schools and dominating athletics. It's sad.
I think Logan, Warren and Jackson lobbied for that for the last 3 years.
Rightfully so. It doesn't make any sense to me.... :roll:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

My post wasn't from an athens perspective. Just because my user name has bulldog in it, doesnt mean im always all about Athens. I am the sports director at Power 105, which is a COUNTY station that covers 5 TVC teams & I still own trivalleyconference.com, which covers all 16 teams. I would like to see divisions of 8 to eliminate bye weeks & Oak Hill fits into the league size wise more so than warren. And south gallia is just way to far out there ... speaking as an athens fan, I would not mind warren in the league one bit! We play them in everything anyways.

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

I'm the one who posted the Oak Hill to the TVC Ohio and South Gallia to the SOC I on another topic awhile back. Oak Hill is closer to 4 of the TVC Ohio schools than Warren is. The SOC is fine for us in all sports except football. We are too big for the SOC I in football and Wheelersburg dominates the SOC II in football. We don't have any true rivals in the SOC I in football. I think we could have in the TVC with Wellston, River Valley, Vinton County and maybe others. I think we did apply to the TVC in 1991 or 1992 before joining the SOC, but were turned down.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
buckfan2016 wrote:why does Athens only want them to join in Football????? and not other sports?

It might be the only way Warren gets the votes to join the TVC.

Also, keep in mind that with an odd number of teams in the TVC, every team has to play a nonconference game at some point in the last part of the season when league play begins. Also, keep in mind that Warren will have trouble filling an independent football schedule, especially in the last part of the season when everyone else is in league play. Warren could form a scheduling agreement with the TVC OHIO schools to be each one's nonconference game once league play begins. That could be a trial run to receiving an invite for football only.

As an example, here is what we had for the 2016 season......
TVC OHIO - nonleague schedule for Weeks 4 - 10
Week 4 - Wellston (played Portsmouth West this year)
Week 5 - Nelsonville-York (played Logan this year)
Week 6 - Athens (played Logan this year)
Week 7 - Vinton County (played Federal Hocking this year)
Week 8 - Meigs (played Jackson this year)
Week 9 - Alexander (played Trimble this year)
Week 10 - River Valley (played Waverly this year)

In this scenario, all TVC OHIO teams would agree to play Warren as their nonconference game during each of these weeks:
Week 4 - Wellston vs. Warren
Week 5 - Nelsonville-York vs. Warren
Week 6 - Athens vs. Warren
Week 7 - Vinton County vs. Warren
Week 8 - Meigs vs. Warren
Week 9 - Alexander vs. Warren
Week 10 - River Valley vs. Warren

Even if Warren did not receive an invitation to join for football only, a scheduling agreement could be reached such as this. That way, TVC teams don't have to worry about finding a relatively close nonconference game once conference play has begun for everyone and Warren won't have to worry about filling an independent schedule during the last part of the season when very few teams have openings to play anyone outside of their conference.
Gadzooks! A well reasoned proposal and post !

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

93Bulldog wrote:Ok, I guess you could say coach. But ive always referred to him as strength & development coordinator. Bottom line is though, one player doesnt cause u to win or lose games. The defense led by Ryder & Russell won the game for Athens in 2011.
Still Ny should have beaten athens in regulation 2 Times... missed fg..soccer players ..i have the picture where they called young out...Nothing But Green Grass. .

Return to “Football”