JV Team

Re: WK1 Jackson @ Wellston

Post by Ironmen44 »

51-8 final

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Read through the updates above, sounds like the Ironmen put it in the air a fair amount.

Total offensive yards and rushing/passing breakdown anyone?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When did the starters come out for Jackson?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

About 210 rushing and 176 passing. Hall went 14 of 24 passing no INT. Started subbing out about half way through the 3rd quarter.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

It took Jackson a while to get in sync with the passing game last night, but Hall and the offense looked much better in the 2ndQ and 3rdQ. A couple 4thQ TDs really opened up the margin of victory, so you have to give credit to Wellston for playing hard. The game wasn't quite as lopsided as the final score suggests, but Wellston never could get much going offensively.

Still a lot of room for improvement for the Ironmen, and I'm sure that's exactly what the staff will be stressing this week in practice. The opener is now out of the way, so it's time to get down to business and get ready for a Chillicothe squad that always plays Jackson tough. Jackson does seem to have a lot of young talent that contributed last night. Coach Hall has always tried to develop depth since he arrived at Jackson, and that hasn't changed. I expect the Ironmen to steadily improve as the season moves forward, and as many of the younger guys get valuable in-game experience.

I haven't seen official stats yet, but Blake McCoy seemed to have an outstanding game running and receiving. The kid is electric with the ball in his hands. Sophomore Matt Humphreys really stood out to me on defense. He seemed to be all over the place.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Ironmen44 wrote:51-8 final
OUCH!

Fear The 3.

Their coming... :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

Ground Buck wrote:
OUCH!

Fear The 3.

Yea we feared them last year and look what happened. I do believe we were 0-1 and you were 1-0 this time last year and look how that played out. ;)

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Thelongwindedanswer wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
OUCH!

Fear The 3.

Yea we feared them last year and look what happened. I do believe we were 0-1 and you were 1-0 this time last year and look how that played out. ;)
Different year this year. But keep running your jib. We call that kind of speak Bulletin Board Material up in these parts. :mrgreen:

Fear The Big 3!

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

Ground Buck wrote:
Thelongwindedanswer wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
OUCH!

Fear The 3.

Different year this year. But keep running your jib. We call that kind of speak Bulletin Board Material up in these parts. :mrgreen:

Fear The Big 3!
I won't run my jib if you stay off a Wellston post without putting a Fear the big 3 in every 5 mins. We can talk when it is Nelsonville/Wellston week. by the way, IT should be FEAR the TEAM. it takes 11 not 3 to win a game. :shock:

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

^^^ No don't stop running your jib. It works out best when you do that. :mrgreen:

FEAR 3!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ground Buck wrote:^^^ No don't stop running your jib. It works out best when you do that. :mrgreen:

FEAR 3!
Quit stalking Wellston ground buck. Nelsonville was 1-9 last Season I would keep my mouth shut if I were you.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Poo Bear wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:^^^ No don't stop running your jib. It works out best when you do that. :mrgreen:

FEAR 3!
Quit stalking Wellston ground buck. Nelsonville was 1-9 last Season I would keep my mouth shut if I were you.
Hey I was pulling for Wellston to upset Jackson. I'm pulling for them this week too. :mrgreen:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I root for jackson , taking shots at Wellston is all you do. What's the big 3?
All your wins this season

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Poo Bear wrote:I root for jackson , taking shots at Wellston is all you do. What's the big 3?
All your wins this season
First you tell me not to post on here then you ask me a question? Maybe the three should stand for the number of grades you completed in school. :mrgreen:

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Ground Buck wrote: Different year this year. But keep running your jib. We call that kind of speak Bulletin Board Material up in these parts. :mrgreen:

Fear The Big 3!

No one fears your 3.

Inches I am sure that is.

Move along little guy and pick on someone besides Wellston and the Week 1 score.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Dandy Don wrote:
Ground Buck wrote: Different year this year. But keep running your jib. We call that kind of speak Bulletin Board Material up in these parts. :mrgreen:

Fear The Big 3!

No one fears your 3.

Inches I am sure that is.

Move along little guy and pick on someone besides Wellston and the Week 1 score.
Hey Don good to have you back buddy. Glad you didn't do anything crazy like bridge jumping or the like. I was pulling for your Rockets. I am this week too. We need the playoff points. Plus you and I will be ganging up on old Powder Puff later in the season so don't get a red arse good buddy. Good luck this week. :mrgreen:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Wellston showed for heart and grit Saturday than Nelsonville did all last season

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Poo Bear wrote:Wellston showed for heart and grit Saturday than Nelsonville did all last season
What "Nelsonville" team are you referring to? The Greyhounds haven't had a team in quite a few years. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”