Knipp voted out at Rock Hill

Buckeye77
Waterboy

Re: Knipp voted out at Rock Hill

Post by Buckeye77 »

I will say this there has been some really good talent out at RH during past 9 years. When did RH win a conference championship? I can remember off hand when that happened? If you want to throw it on the kids then so be it but the best facilities in the area should bring out some ball players.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

believe me when I tell you the talent is there. I leave it there. that is a huge district geographically, and you gotta beat the bushes and find where they are. you build it they will come.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Talent , don't equal heart and effert

You can't handle the truth
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

RH is not full of talent, last year's team wasn't full of talent they believed in system for years when he should have been fired kids didn't, he finally got them to believe again. And community backing . This move set the program back for at least 2 years till the ones in high school leave , they believed and it showed last yr

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

What's sad about the BOE at Rockhill is they know they will have to pay for the coaches they fired regardless. Because they didn't renew contact without notice, so they still get payed for the year, plus new coaches

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

pay them for 2 years as long as we get change!

Buckeye77
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye77 »

That's funny I agree.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

REDMEN95 wrote:pay them for 2 years as long as we get change!
Maybe you and 77 should volunteer , always easy when it's not your money

Buckeye77
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye77 »

[quote="gametime"]What's sad about the BOE at Rockhill is they know they will have to pay for the coaches they fired regardless. Because they didn't renew contact without notice, so they still get payed for the year, plus new coaches[/quote

So the AD, Principle and Superintendent have nothing to with this! They all knew what was coming down and they should past that on to the BOE or they did not care wanted all of them gone.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Principal was one of them not renewed, AD and superintendent didn't know til meeting probably would have said u can't without letter and 2 members that voted no been on board for yrs , should have knew better. Other vote was new to board. Teachers and coaches are Union , there lawyer was there at meeting, Boe lawyer wasn't.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I can understand why the Principle was let go 0-23 and I am firm believer that the Principle should not be a head coach in anything.

Does anyone know who has applied for the Head Coaching position at this time? The candidates that applied were not qualified or they were candidates that the BOE did not want running the football program. If RH wants a someone outside the RH family then I believe there is a candidate out there that fits what they are looking for at this time. I will not put his name out there because that would not be fair to him or the other candidates that may still apply for the position. Good Luck RH you will need someone that the BOE will not be able to shove around and who also has re-built programs.

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

Buckeye77 wrote:
gametime wrote:What's sad about the BOE at Rockhill is they know they will have to pay for the coaches they fired regardless. Because they didn't renew contact without notice, so they still get payed for the year, plus new coaches[/quote

So the AD, Principle and Superintendent have nothing to with this! They all knew what was coming down and they should past that on to the BOE or they did not care wanted all of them gone.
The AD, Principle, and Superintendent all recommended Todd! In fact, there was no indication that Todd or Bob's contract would be non-renewed, nor had there been any discussion of this during board meetings. After all, it was April. Todd and Bob ran the program every day. Todd was encouraged to seek assistant coaches to help with him (which he did). Todd scheduled all the scrimmages and 7 on 7's for the summer. Todd help develop the new field and was sent out of town to help do so. Todd attended the OSU football camp a week before he was fired, which was approved and supported by administration.

So, here we are in May 2016!. No coach, few assistants, no scrimmages, and no 7 on 7's. A few members of the BOE created this mess. They had hoped that someone or anyone would apply, yet it is April. Many qualified staff have a position, as you are not going to fire a coach in April and expect to have many applicants apply.

Finally, a few members of this board violated the contract due to the timing in which they fired Todd and Bob (which they should have all known of)! Four of these members have supported Todd and Bob in every election (minus Keith who abstained on occasion). However, Keith did vote against his recommendation a two years ago because he wanted Todd to have a three year contract two years ago (funny huh).

So come Monday, they are going to be hiring a coach. Could it be Todd and Bob?

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

REDMEN95 AND Buckeyed77 seem to share the same agenda against Knipp and McCollister . Buckeye77 just activated your account May 4th and the only 21 posts you have are on this thread hummmm:) REDMEN95 you just joined in May and your only 5 posts have been on this post as well. Obviously, this is personal. You have every right to your opinion and I can respect this, even if I disagree.
BTW - facilities don't typically bring kids to a program. Although we do have the best ;) Further, there hasn't been a kid/player leave the RH high school football program since 2010 because of football.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Word is, Todd was the only applicant. That should tell the board how much respect other coaches have for Todd.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Also, yes, redmanfan, I believe you are correct. 77 and 95 sound like parents/ relatives of kids who will be or did play for Todd and have personal issues.

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

[quote="Winchell"]Word is, Todd was the only applicant. That should tell the board how much respect other coaches have for Todd.[/quote

A few great men who could assume this position, respect him enough to sit back and see what happens. I support any man with that level of charecter!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Really you think there were no applicants because all the coaches around respect Todd. You guys are living in a dream world! No one wants to take on that disaster on the hill buttom line!

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Game day wrote:Really you think there were no applicants because all the coaches around respect Todd. You guys are living in a dream world! No one wants to take on that disaster on the hill buttom line!
A lot of people didn't apply because of respect, and some know they will not be backed by this board.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Game day wrote:Really you think there were no applicants because all the coaches around respect Todd. You guys are living in a dream world! No one wants to take on that disaster on the hill buttom line!
Disaster? Taking over a program that just made the playoffs? Seems to me it's you that's living in a dream world.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

redmanfan wrote:
REDMEN95 AND Buckeyed77 seem to share the same agenda against Knipp and McCollister . Buckeye77 just activated your account May 4th and the only 21 posts you have are on this thread hummmm:) REDMEN95 you just joined in May and your only 5 posts have been on this post as well. Obviously, this is personal. You have every right to your opinion and I can respect this, even if I disagree.
BTW - facilities don't typically bring kids to a program. Although we do have the best ;) Further, there hasn't been a kid/player leave the RH high school football program since 2010 because of football.
No, this is not personal at all.....The bottom line is change should have been made years ago! We have had the same coaching here for the past 20 years or more...and what direction has the program gone? On my job as many jobs if you don't produce or do whats expected then you get replaced!! I think 20 years is way too long to keep the same people. Same people = Same Results! I'm glad we finally have a few board members who are standing firm on this!

Return to “Football”