2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Re: 2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by TomUnessa »

wobycat wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:22 pm
TomUnessa wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:44 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:23 pm Again. Anyone that says burgs path was easy doesn’t understand football very well.

Also Ironton’s recent success has relied heavily on transfers, contact was made to a few burg kids from Ironton so yea I believe that recruiting does take place. Ironton fans look silly when they deny it. Ironton apparently has been able to not be penalized so however they do it, works. It is what it is.

I think Ironton is going to be about the same team as last year. Looks like the new kids are going to fill in the few spots that left. Terry is a stud. He will carry them far into the playoffs again. They should make it back to regional final again this year for sure.
Woby, i agree. Terry is a heck of a talented athlete and Ironton is loaded with talent. Also heard the player from Huntington they just got is a stud. The one player who i have always been impressed with is Copas. Tough, hard nosed and does the dirty work. Also Hear he is a good kid but that doesn’t surprise me cause i know his dad and he is a top notch guy.
But I do have to ask since you said “They should make it back to the regional final again this year for sure”. Who do you have them facing in the regional final?
I think it’s going to be the same top 3 burg, Ironton and prep. Barnesville is up and coming program that is well coached. Apparently they have a lot coming back. They may be in the mix. Their schedule is weak because of their conference. May hurt them again.
Ok. Yep just wanted to get your opinion. Thank you for response👍

Jawnjkang98
Waterboy

Post by Jawnjkang98 »

TomUnessa wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:26 pm
TomUnessa wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:44 pm
Woby, i agree. Terry is a heck of a talented athlete and Ironton is loaded with talent. Also heard the player from Huntington they just got is a stud. The one player who i have always been impressed with is Copas. Tough, hard nosed and does the dirty work. Also Hear he is a good kid but that doesn’t surprise me cause i know his dad and he is a top notch guy.
But I do have to ask since you said “They should make it back to the regional final again this year for sure”. Who do you have them facing in the regional final?
I think it’s going to be the same top 3 burg, Ironton and prep. Barnesville is up and coming program that is well coached. Apparently they have a lot coming back. They may be in the mix. Their schedule is weak because of their conference. May hurt them again.
The Fighting Tigers have had their way at Ed Miller Stadium since Ironton HC Trevon Pendletons arrival. Under Pendleton Ironton has dominated the W/L bracket vs Burg overall, and Ironton has also performed better against similar divisional competition. Despite Wheelersburgs larger school enrollment & seasoned staff, they simply have not been able to match with Irontons recent success. A very entertaining rivalry that probably could use a Wheelersburg that was capable of matching Irontons recent ambition. But it's not gonna happen. Last few have been close. This year might get ugly at The Ed.

Fighting Tigers. Running clock.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

No excuses.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Jawnjkang98 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:12 pm
TomUnessa wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:26 pm

The Fighting Tigers have had their way at Ed Miller Stadium since Ironton HC Trevon Pendletons arrival. Under Pendleton Ironton has dominated the W/L bracket vs Burg overall, and Ironton has also performed better against similar divisional competition. Despite Wheelersburgs larger school enrollment & seasoned staff, they simply have not been able to match with Irontons recent success. A very entertaining rivalry that probably could use a Wheelersburg that was capable of matching Irontons recent ambition. But it's not gonna happen. Last few have been close. This year might get ugly at The Ed.

Fighting Tigers. Running clock.

AAHHHH!!! Another delusional Ironton fan that can't accept that without all the transfers ironton is mediocre at best. Already hearing about another stud coming in from Huntington.

Makes you wonder why would kids from Huntington be coming to Ironton seeing how Huntington is a big AAA school in WV that I'm sure the players are getting recognized around the country. Things that make you go HHHMMMMM!!!!!

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Hopefully Burg fans, boycott the Ironton Burg game. It must be pretty miserable seeing transfers go to Ironton and beat Burg every year in football. These old heads can’t move past it, Maybe the question is why are not kids transferring to Burg to play football from the SOC? They are bypassing Burg and going straight to Ironton. I’ve always heard Woodward doesn’t help kids get to the next level, maybe burg should put a staff member to help kids out?

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Returning Starters
I’m not sure if anyone transferred in Jr high but 99% of these kids have been at Ironton since 9th grade. Copas transferred his sophomore year. The Ironton roster only has 2 HS transfer's this coming season out of 60-70 kids. Sounds like a program built on transfers

Returning Starters

QB- Braden Schreck
RB- Zayne Williams
FB- Jesse Copas
WR- Shaun Terry
WR- Tyler Roach
OL- Aiden Layne
OL- Bowen Gossett
OL- Caleb Jacobs
OL- Barkley Litton

DE- Jesse Copas
DE- Aiden Layne
LB- Zayne Williams
LB- Austin Bump
LB- Braylon Sturgill
DB- Josh Johnson
DB- Maddox Markel
DB- Shaun Terry
DB- Kayden Edwards

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Bfan99 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:22 am Hopefully Burg fans, boycott the Ironton Burg game. It must be pretty miserable seeing transfers go to Ironton and beat Burg every year in football. These old heads can’t move past it, Maybe the question is why are not kids transferring to Burg to play football from the SOC? They are bypassing Burg and going straight to Ironton. I’ve always heard Woodward doesn’t help kids get to the next level, maybe burg should put a staff member to help kids out?
Can’t move past it? I think Pendleton is doing the right thing recruiting for Ironton. Again, he gets paid to win, and he should do whatever it takes to make that happen.

As for why don’t more kids transfer to Burg? It’s not an easy school to transfer into. One, it’s a very tight-knit community that can be hard to transition into. Two, it’s academically more challenging than most other schools. If a student is strictly interested in football without the increase in academic demands, Ironton is a much better choice.

As for getting kids to the next level, many kids from Burg get football scholarships, just not at the D1 level. But there’s something else to consider: getting that power 5 D1 scholarship means nothing if the kid doesn’t stick or graduate. Burg does well not only getting kids athletic scholarships but also preparing them to complete their degree.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:09 am
Bfan99 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:22 am Hopefully Burg fans, boycott the Ironton Burg game. It must be pretty miserable seeing transfers go to Ironton and beat Burg every year in football. These old heads can’t move past it, Maybe the question is why are not kids transferring to Burg to play football from the SOC? They are bypassing Burg and going straight to Ironton. I’ve always heard Woodward doesn’t help kids get to the next level, maybe burg should put a staff member to help kids out?
Can’t move past it? I think Pendleton is doing the right thing recruiting for Ironton. Again, he gets paid to win, and he should do whatever it takes to make that happen.

As for why don’t more kids transfer to Burg? It’s not an easy school to transfer into. One, it’s a very tight-knit community that can be hard to transition into. Two, it’s academically more challenging than most other schools. If a student is strictly interested in football without the increase in academic demands, Ironton is a much better choice.

As for getting kids to the next level, many kids from Burg get football scholarships, just not at the D1 level. But there’s something else to consider: getting that power 5 D1 scholarship means nothing if the kid doesn’t stick or graduate. Burg does well not only getting kids athletic scholarships but also preparing them to complete their degree.
I got a question for you

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:06 pm

I got a question for you
Did you forget to include the question?

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:18 pm

I got a question for you
If Wheelersburg had 4 very good football players that moved into Wheelersburg from surrounding areas and they wanted to play for Wheelersburg, would they welcome them or turn them away because of principals.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:35 pm

I got a question for you
If Wheelersburg had 4 very good football players that moved into Wheelersburg from surrounding areas and they wanted to play for Wheelersburg, would they welcome them or turn them away because of principals.
That has never happened, so can’t say for certain.

That said, in the past, Burg has typically been friendly to transfers, but we are talking one here and one there. I can only think of once where kids tried to transfer in and didn’t get a warm welcome.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:41 pm

That said, in the past, Burg has typically been friendly to transfers, but we are talking one here and one there. I can only think of once where kids tried to transfer in and didn’t get a warm welcome.
Yes it seems you always welcome anyone who transfers in. What would you suggest Ironton do with those players who want to play for the Tigers ?

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:11 pm

Yes it seems you always welcome anyone who transfers in. What would you suggest Ironton do with those players who want to play for the Tigers ?
Bring them in. One, Ironton absolutely needs them, and two, why work so hard to get them in just to turn them away?

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:23 pm

Bring them in. One, Ironton absolutely needs them, and two, why work so hard to get them in just to turn them away?

Who was the transfer running back Burg had a few years ago? Came from Green maybe , Matthews maybe .

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:26 pm

Who was the transfer running back Burg had a few years ago? Came from Green maybe , Matthews maybe .
Lattimore last year from Portsmouth.

Greg from Ashland a few years ago.

And the state team had a kid, Lowry, from Portsmouth.

Don’t know of any Green running backs that transferred in.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:30 pm

I think his name was Mathews, he started at Green and transferred in to Wheelersburg.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:32 pm

I think his name was Mathews, he started at Green and transferred in to Wheelersburg.
Played for Burg 9-12.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

So which kid are you referring to because it was not Makya Matthews. He played football at Burg from pee-wee on.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:56 pm

So which kid are you referring to because it was not Makya Matthews. He played football at Burg from pee-wee on.
That was it , I could’ve swore he started school at Green.

Return to “Football”