More Scores

scott1297
All Conference

Re: More Scores

Post by scott1297 »

scott1297 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:40 pm
fbnut wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:14 pm
scott1297 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:54 pm

The 2 games Burg lost this year they just flat out all hit pop ups they should have beaten Sheridan and Cabell Midland but they didn't and I think it helped them come together as a team because turned around and beat kenton ridge who is still in the playoffs in D2 also played a great game against Circleville beating them 10 to 0 and they are still in the playoffs in D2 but they do miss Macees eatons bat that's for sure but I think they are darn near just as good as last year I've seen every game this year and their defense is still outstanding especially moving estep to center and gliem to leftfield they both have outstanding arms but sure they do miss Macees leadership who wouldn't
Seems like far more errors this yr. Outfield didn’t have 1 error last yr.
I've seen one error in the outfield this year Estep dropped a fly ball at the West game but the 2 games we lost I wasn't there at the first cabell Midland game and then the Sheridan game and we had one error in today's game Skiver at 3rd base mishandled a grounder
Meadowbrook had 5 errors today

Burg grad 85
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

scott1297 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:41 pm
fbnut wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:14 pm

Seems like far more errors this yr. Outfield didn’t have 1 error last yr.
I've seen one error in the outfield this year Estep dropped a fly ball at the West game but the 2 games we lost I wasn't there at the first cabell Midland game and then the Sheridan game and we had one error in today's game Skiver at 3rd base mishandled a grounder
I never said they are not a very good team. probably one of the favorites if not the favorite to win the D3 title. i just dont think they are as good as last yrs team.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

fbnut wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:15 am
I never said they are not a very good team. probably one of the favorites if not the favorite to win the D3 title. i just dont think they are as good as last yrs team.
Losing an all-American player can never be a positive. Team still has the talent to win state, but no denying Eaton was a loss.

As for the D and pitching, it’s been as good or slightly better. Having two veteran pitchers helps.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:50 am
Losing an all-American player can never be a positive. Team still has the talent to win state, but no denying Eaton was a loss.

As for the D and pitching, it’s been as good or slightly better. Having two veteran pitchers helps.
People underestimate losing kenard in center. She’s in the argument for best burg defensive center/outfielder they’ve had.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

fbnut wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:08 am

People underestimate losing kenard in center. She’s in the argument for best burg defensive center/outfielder they’ve had.
Agree, she was fantastic in center.

But if I look at Burg’s two losses, what was missing was Eaton’s bat. Just my two cents.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:29 am

But if I look at Burg’s two losses, what was missing was Eaton’s bat. Just my two cents.
Burg goes down 4-3 to South Webster. Beat them 13-0 in last year’s regional finals.

Burg bats were cold once again. This has been the problem with this year’s team.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to the Lady Jeeps! Make Southern Ohio proud at State! What’s the old saying third time is the charm! Great season to the Pirates and SOC has a team in the STATE , be proud Jeeps! Jeeps stepped up and won at the most critical time, stars are born everyday! Can the next State Champs be from South Webster! good Luck!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:16 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:29 am

Burg goes down 4-3 to South Webster. Beat them 13-0 in last year’s regional finals.

Burg bats were cold once again. This has been the problem with this year’s team.
Pop up after pop up after pop up. Same thing all yr yet the same players were run out there time after time. A few errors in there as well
Best of luck to the jeeps

Return to “Softball”