Gallia Academy 2024

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Re: GA football

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

We tried to get Coach Pederson last spring out of Ironton. Are you talking about him or his brother?

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
readaboutit1
Waterboy

Post by readaboutit1 »

What is Moeller's obsession with Ironton all about?
Lets Go Big Moe! wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:39 am We tried to get Coach Pederson last spring out of Ironton. Are you talking about him or his brother?

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

readaboutit1 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:55 am What is Moeller's obsession with Ironton all about?
Lets Go Big Moe! wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:39 am We tried to get Coach Pederson last spring out of Ironton. Are you talking about him or his brother?
We couldnt care two hoots about Ironton. But we thought Coach Peterman would have been a good addition to our athletic staff.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

This thread seems much to do about nothing for a team that lost its head coach and lost so much to graduation that they probably are staring at a losing record. Kinda wish they were playing RV this year.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

2-8

tackle81
Waterboy

Post by tackle81 »

meatswinger wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:06 am This thread seems much to do about nothing for a team that lost its head coach and lost so much to graduation that they probably are staring at a losing record. Kinda wish they were playing RV this year.
I agree
Last edited by tackle81 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tackle81 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:39 pm
meatswinger wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:06 am This thread seems much to do about nothing for a team that lost its head coach and lost so much to graduation that they probably are staring at a losing record. Kinda wish they were playing RV this year.
Good point. 2 things I can positively assert, though. One, that the closest applicant was from Kentucky, and two, interviews start tomorrow.

Also, I don’t believe Gallia will do bad this year. They know how to win games.
No applicants from within?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Is Clark still the athletic director?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

That's funny puppet

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Man what is it with these schools always changing coaches?
What ever happened to letting the coaches coach and the athletes earning their positions or playing time?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

RollCoal wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:41 pm Man what is it with these schools always changing coaches?
What ever happened to letting the coaches coach and the athletes earning their positions or playing time?
Yes let the players play. Even if you have to fudge some grades. But you have to listen to daddy too. Especially if he got money and influence. :mrgreen:

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

I think GA should stick with the status quo. Have a meeting at the Elks and let those old farts pick the next coach. They can even give him a playbook with the polays they want ran and a 2 deep depth chart so that he knows who to play. Maybe throw in a burner cell that they can reach him on during games so they can. tell him who isnt getting the ball enough.

Finally the Elks need to get on the OHSAA board and pass a rule that says that GA should be able to use three footballs on offense. That way they can throw opne, hand one off and have the QB keep the ball on a run with the other one.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

MarauderMadness wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:43 am I think GA should stick with the status quo. Have a meeting at the Elks and let those old farts pick the next coach. They can even give him a playbook with the polays they want ran and a 2 deep depth chart so that he knows who to play. Maybe throw in a burner cell that they can reach him on during games so they can. tell him who isnt getting the ball enough.

Finally the Elks need to get on the OHSAA board and pass a rule that says that GA should be able to use three footballs on offense. That way they can throw opne, hand one off and have the QB keep the ball on a run with the other one.
One of the dumbest posts I have ever read. You really have outdone yourself this time.

sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

gallia will never top brent saunders as a coach

saunders is a very good man, a professional a very good coach

he was also the coach at a time when the county schools chased off their best players to make them some of the best players in GA history

barnes, hall, hitchinson,

he then came back to coaching when some of the fastest kids to ever play at GA were there

geiger, johnson, simmons, moore

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

12 applicants. No idea who or where from.

4-6 or 5-5 sounds safe to me. We still have a few games where talent will be strongly on the GA side even after losing nearly everyone.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Say, tell the fine folks at Moeller thanks for sending Jordan Marshall up to Ann Arbor. He's about to be the next great Michigan tailback :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:46 pm
Say, tell the fine folks at Moeller thanks for sending Jordan Marshall up to Ann Arbor. He's about to be the next great Michigan tailback :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Its not our fault that the recruiting coordinator at tOSU SUCKS!

tackle81
Waterboy

Post by tackle81 »

JChipwood wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:51 am 12 applicants. No idea who or where from.

4-6 or 5-5 sounds safe to me. We still have a few games where talent will be strongly on the GA side even after losing nearly everyone.
3-7 to 7-4 is the realistic range I will guess at. Either the team will figure it out, or they won’t.

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

tackle81 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:12 pm
JChipwood wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:51 am 12 applicants. No idea who or where from.

3-7 to 7-4 is the realistic range I will guess at. Either the team will figure it out, or they won’t.
If Peterson gets it 7-4 will be a disappointment. He recruits well. So there won’t be a lack of talent.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

When you part ways with 2 coaches one was Dist.coach of the year,both had winning records who would want it ???

Return to “Football”